2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

The RX is legit!

Same "click" that Ive always been used to with the RX balls which is music tt my ears.

Cant speak to distance yet, hopefully some side by sides in the spring (I have a TON of the old RX now) will help sort that out.

Saw some solid greenside check which I NEVER get with almost any ball out there (a me thing).

And the durability is as promised so far (allthough Im sure more can chime in on this as I didnt make it a full round with just 1).

Eager to try the RXS as weel

Bridgestone with their version of spinskin eh? Sounds pretty cool. I'll grab a dozen for sure. Are they keeping the price point the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't played the B330RX which is the ball I prefer (I have putted with it), but the S was awesome around the green. I have never been able to control a ball like I could with the S.

Last edited:
I'll start this by saying I'm not the best golfer... and when I tried the bridgestone balls during the live event, I was no where near qualified enough to report on them... with that being said, just changing my grip put me well in the 90's for shooting and has given me the ability to actually start telling the certain differences about balls. So with that being said I was messing around with the B330S again yesterday and I'll say...for the first time ever I was able to make the ball land, and spin backwards... the amount of spin is incredible

Wow the bridgestone guys are really stoked. I have been using the RX and now the RXS since a friend introduced them to me about 4 years ago. Every updat they have been getting better but this looks this most exciting yet. Hopefully will be playing later on this week. Need to find a sleeve to play.

I'll be gaming these balls for sure from time to time, have always been comfortable over them and I'm sure this iteration will be no different, not sure what ball fits best but I have always loved the feel of the RX and RXS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been waiting to hear more about this for a while, intriguing to say the least! I've been an on again/off again B330s player for a while. Interested to check the new balls out for sure!

Hard for me to imagine that they improved over the last model because the last model was so good for so many people. I cant wait to try these, the new tech sounds amazing!

some rambling thoughts on my experience with a sleeve of the 2016 b330rx at the live testing event.

on the chipping and putting green, i was seeing very impressive spin even on the lightning fast practice green. the ball really was doing what i asked it to do, even when my contact was poor. and off the putter (which is a big deal for me) the ball felt great. different from my chromesoft in that the new rx isn't as squishy, but solid and very much what a premium ball should feel like.

in play, off the driver this ball really impressed. when i had my driver swing working, this baby just WENT. i hit some big drives for me, high and straight as an arrow. i also saw some great distance off fairway woods and hybrids, longer than i'm used to with chromesoft. off irons, i saw very similar distance to chromesoft and the spin i am used to. no more or less, which honestly is a positive.

around the greens i didn't have my best out there, so unfortunately i can't comment to how this ball stacked up against other balls wrt greenside check. but off the putter i continued to enjoy this ball, making some really nice putts throughout the round. a very true roll and great feeling.

in all, i came away impressed with the ball. i played rx for a few years and really enjoyed it before switching to sr2 then chromesoft. the performance of the 2016 rx has me intrigued enough to pick up a dozen, as well as a dozen rxs for testing. i'll post back in the thread after i've spent some time with each because to be perfectly honest i really love my gamer ball, so if either rx or rxs knocks it from its lofty perch, that will speak volumes.

Excited to try the 330-RX, 4 years in the making is tough to comprehend. Make the best ball even better? That's crazy. Also glad they didn't change name or coloring per model as consumers are able to quickly spot what they are accustomed to and the world of golf balls is confusing enough and name changing causes some OEM's to lose sales I believe.

The 4 years in the making is crazy. The fact they wanted to have the best ball possible says a lot.

I'm a big fan of the B330 RX so will be interested to hear about these and put them in play to see what differences in performance I see.

Anyone have input on the regular 330/S? I've always switched between e6 and 330 based on what's available for the $$$. Really excited about trying these out.

The amount of time to develop and perfect this new ball is crazy. I love the last b330rx and will for sure be playing the latest version asap

I'm looking forward to losing a dozen of the new B330 balls.

I just love the B330 and I cannot wait to try them.

I still have all 3 of the B330-RXS I got to put in to play a few weeks ago at the Tampa gathering, so more review will be to come!

I will start this mini-review with this... One of the things I constantly look for in a ball is greenside spin and how the ball reacts when I am hitting in to the green. I look for as much assistance from the ball as possible with extra spin, as I am not a high spin player with my irons or wedges on approach shots. Off the tee, most balls do similar things for me, as I do play a bit of spin with my driver and play this little-tiny-baby fade off the tee (maybe it's not tiny).

So, with that said, I put the B330-RXS in to play for a few rounds to gauge it to what I normally play (B330-RX or RXS). First thought - This ball had more spin that any other ball I have ever gamed. Hopping and stopping, bringing it back a touch, and just wanted to bite on every green I was hitting. I will not say there was too much spin, as I was able to manipulate my shots to allow for release if needed, but when wanting spin, it was there and LOTS of it.

Off the tee, it did what I wanted it too. Solid feel at impact, and just took off. It did what I was expecting it to do, no out of control side spin or anything like that. The ball just performed off the tee.

What amazed me the most was the "tweener" shots, and being in between a full distance with a wedge. Being able to play the ball in the back of the stance and hit a little knock down with this one was effortless. Hop and stop, every time. One thing I did need to adjust was that I needed to plan accordingly and carry the ball a bit further to the hole, because with this type of shot, it was not going to release out and roll on me. So, carry to the pin, hop, stop. Every time.

Bridgestone took the best line of balls, and made them better. I didnt think it was possible.

I've been a huge fan of the B330-RX and if they've improved on that design it will be awesome.

Can't wait to try it out.

Yessir, I'll definitely be giving these a try! The new cover sounds particularly impressive.

Love the current B-330, but lower spin off of the driver is a welcome addition. Look forward to the THPers reviews.

Hope the Golfsmith has them out today I will be picking up a dozen of the RXS

I'll definitely be giving the RX a go. This is some great sounding technology and Bridgestone balls have always performed well for me. Way to go Bridgestone!

Absolutely love the B330 rx from past years so im positive I'll be giving these a go.

Is it possible? Can they improve on the b330 yet again? I am excited to find out

Is it possible? Can they improve on the b330 yet again? I am excited to find out
Yes, it's possible. Yes, they did.

just by going off of what I was hearing last night, they absolutely did. I've been in the room with many companies who are excited about a product, last night was different. Revolution instead of evolution.

Yes, it's possible. Yes, they did.

just by going off of what I was hearing last night, they absolutely did. I've been in the room with many companies who are excited about a product, last night was different. Revolution instead of evolution.
Yeah I'm going to need like 10 dozen immediately then

Back