2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

I cannot freaking wait to get my hands on these to try out. Love Bridgestone Golf balls.

Also, I NEED that 1/4 zip that is in the video, that is BRIGHT!

Total man crush on him. I was staring at that 1/4 zip during that entire video! #badass ?

Great vid. Looking forward to trying these soon. I'd gamed the 330-RX almost exclusively until last year where I went on a rotation between it and the Chromesoft. Sounds like these new ones will regain the #1 space in my bag.

Ok so I got to play and try a sleeve of this ball earlier this month at a THP event. While I lost them rather quickly I can say that this ball felt great off the driver and irons. Very solid at that point. Could have been just me but I saw the guys getting much more "bite" greenside with the RX and RX-S. Temps were on the cooler side to start the day so I don't know if that played a role but I need another go at these to really give them a fair review. The top secret sleeve and box they came in was kind of cool, and after seeing the new branding and boxing these are some of the best looking packaging I have seen for a golfball.

Just total clueless question here but will the "S" lines also advertise more driver spin to go with the greenside spin or are they truly gearing the "s" at greenside spin?

Can anyone compare the distance increases/losses they're seeing with the new B series compared to other balls or even previous B series offerings?

I'm really looking forward to trying out all 4 versions. I didn't like the RX lines with my previous irons (shafts really), but liked them before that when I was playing KBS Tour 130's. Now that I'm back in a 130 gram shaft, the RX's may be great for me. I saw a ton of spin with the RX on my partial wedge shots in the past and would love to see if I get more spin from the new version and how that would work with my game.

It looks like the naming conventions for these balls have changed slightly.
Is the Tour B330-RX the ball I should try if I am currently using Titleist ProV1s -- swing speed ~99mph w/Driver?

Thx
LB

Check out the video in the first post link.
The names stayed the same.
To answer your question, you would try the RX or RXS depending on the amount of spin wanted.

Or go to their website and do an online fitting, their staff is very knowledgeable and friendly!

http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting

Ever since THP opened my eyes by allowing me to review the previous iteration, I've been a huge fan of Bridgestone golf balls. I've always had great success with the 330S and more recently the RXS. With how pleased they are for the new release I'm excited to try them. Always appreciated the durability and if thats improved and the performance is better, sounds like a real winner.

I love seeing THPers win!!!

So apparently I get to try even more out!!!!!!!!!!!
I love seeing THPers win!!!

Sorry but I didn't see it talked about or just cant find it but has the cover been soften on B330 line? Firmness of the covers on Bridgestone golf balls is the main reason I've never played them. Just wondering if that has changed now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

I'll jump in real quick if that's ok...the two higher spinning models (B330-S and B330-RXS) have softer covers than the previous versions. The B330-S is 4% softer and the RXS is 5% softer. The B330 and RX remained the same. I actually don't want to call these the "new versions"...they are more like the "next generation" of the B Series line. This is much more significant than a typical update that we usually do every-other-year. I don't want to call it an "overhaul" though either, because that gives the impression that it's a completely different product. You will still recognize each of these models, and they are still designed to do the same thing as before, they are just noticeably better at doing it now. I appreciate all the positive comments!

Hey Guys,

I'll jump in real quick if that's ok...the two higher spinning models (B330-S and B330-RXS) have softer covers than the previous versions. The B330-S is 4% softer and the RXS is 5% softer. The B330 and RX remained the same. I actually don't want to call these the "new versions"...they are more like the "next generation" of the B Series line. This is much more significant than a typical update that we usually do every-other-year. I don't want to call it an "overhaul" though either, because that gives the impression that it's a completely different product. You will still recognize each of these models, and they are still designed to do the same thing as before, they are just noticeably better at doing it now. I appreciate all the positive comments!
Just wanted to say thanks for letting golfsmith do that contest I won Jeff and Bridgetstone!

They sound great. I like the RX but not the S ones. I have never tried the hydrocore though.

2014 B330 was my go to ball.... I am super pumped to try the 2016 versions.
I may also like the B330RX based on their descriptions.

Finally gave the B330 Series a shot last year (liked the ones I found during rounds but never bought any) and really enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to reading more about these next gen versions and hopefully trying them soon.

Can't wait to give these a try. I had a box of B330-RX last year and loved them.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for jumping in.

Had a chance to play with this on three different occasions and can say it is a notable difference between it and the prior generation of the B series. The ball I've played, the 330s, has got a very noticeable amount of spin around the greens and it's fantastic.

The one thing I have noticed in all three rounds however, is that the higher spin has also shown his head on the driver and irons as well. That part has been a bit head scratching. If you're already a higher spin player, I would recommend the 330 over the 330s. I had iron shots where I hit them solid, and into the wind I was getting punished. I'm guessing in this situation, I need to revisit the ball selector and see if the RX or even the 330 would be the better choice.

The biggest win for this ball is durability. One ball, 26 holes, it looked just like the brand new one in the sleeve. I was sad when it met a watery grave because I would have loved to have seen what it would look like after a couple of rounds.

This ball actually intrigues me, more than a golf ball probably should. The fact that it almost repairs itself is very interesting, and something I think I'll be looking more into.

Great thoughts Mike. I tend to generate spin in the area of 2200-2700 off my driver. That information will go into the deciding process when picking up some of these.

I had been playing the former B330 for a few months and even though my SS is more geared to the B330RX I have always preferred the ball flight and feeling around the greens of the B330. I was given a sleeve of the new B330 at the club testing and found it to be great all around upgrade to the B330, not shocking different but a bit less spin with the Driver and it seems to grab more with the irons and wedges.

Distance wise I did not see a difference I could quantify since I have changed Driver heads and shafts lately, with the irons they may be slightly longer but not drastically. All in all I have shot my (2) lowest rounds in a row with this ball and intend to try the B330RX again to see if it now fits me better than the B330. Great stuff for a Company to keep trying to improve on a already great product.
Good stuff Jim

Had a chance to play with this on three different occasions and can say it is a notable difference between it and the prior generation of the B series. The ball I've played, the 330s, has got a very noticeable amount of spin around the greens and it's fantastic.

The one thing I have noticed in all three rounds however, is that the higher spin has also shown his head on the driver and irons as well. That part has been a bit head scratching. If you're already a higher spin player, I would recommend the 330 over the 330s. I had iron shots where I hit them solid, and into the wind I was getting punished. I'm guessing in this situation, I need to revisit the ball selector and see if the RX or even the 330 would be the better choice.

The biggest win for this ball is durability. One ball, 26 holes, it looked just like the brand new one in the sleeve. I was sad when it met a watery grave because I would have loved to have seen what it would look like after a couple of rounds.
I saw increased spin off the irons into the wind. The spin was very penal, more so then previous models.

I have had a chnace to play three rounds with the new B330S model and to say I am impressed would be an understatement. The length that I fell in love with in previous models is still present. Especially off the tee with the driver and woods. with my lower ball flight I am seeing increased launch and speed.

The spin around the greens is not like any ball I have ever played. My first round was with my year old J15 wedges and the spin I was seeing was that of a new wedge. One shot comes to mind early in our round. We had 119 into a par 3. I hit my 52* that landed 5' short of the pin and spun 30' off the green. I was not pleased with the end results but I was impressed with the amount of spin Bridgestone was able to get with their new skin. It alos told me that I needed to long with my scoring wedges if I was going to be hitting full shots. The simpler chips and pitches stopped as if they were on fly paper. I honestly have not witnessed the type of spin I seeing.

My one complaint is the spin off the irons. I was seeing a great deal of upshots in to the breeze the other day. I clubed up a couple times and saw these great balls fall a club short. I am not saying every shot was solid but I am sure some were flush. I am not used to see that type of action. I need a warmer day to test the wind again. It was barely 50* when I played so that may have contributed to the shortness I saw in to the breeze.

The durability has been commented on but deserves another mention. I don't know about the ball healing itself but I can tell you it takes licking and keeps in fresh look. I played 36 holes with my first ball and 9 with my second. I still have two of the three I was given. Its going to be fun playing this ball for the foreseeable future.

I am enjoying all the feedback. It is cool seeing that the ball really is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff from Bridgestone and excellent feedback so far. The B330 has been my go to ball for 2 years even though I'm not a 105 mph swing speed guy. Just seemed to always work for me. I'll definitely be trying out the 2016 B330 and B330 RX.

Can't wait to try the new RX. By far my favorite ball

I have had a chnace to play three rounds with the new B330S model and to say I am impressed would be an understatement. The length that I fell in love with in previous models is still present. Especially off the tee with the driver and woods. with my lower ball flight I am seeing increased launch and speed.

The spin around the greens is not like any ball I have ever played. My first round was with my year old J15 wedges and the spin I was seeing was that of a new wedge. One shot comes to mind early in our round. We had 119 into a par 3. I hit my 52* that landed 5' short of the pin and spun 30' off the green. I was not pleased with the end results but I was impressed with the amount of spin Bridgestone was able to get with their new skin. It alos told me that I needed to long with my scoring wedges if I was going to be hitting full shots. The simpler chips and pitches stopped as if they were on fly paper. I honestly have not witnessed the type of spin I seeing.

My one complaint is the spin off the irons. I was seeing a great deal of upshots in to the breeze the other day. I clubed up a couple times and saw these great balls fall a club short. I am not saying every shot was solid but I am sure some were flush. I am not used to see that type of action. I need a warmer day to test the wind again. It was barely 50* when I played so that may have contributed to the shortness I saw in to the breeze.

The durability has been commented on but deserves another mention. I don't know about the ball healing itself but I can tell you it takes licking and keeps in fresh look. I played 36 holes with my first ball and 9 with my second. I still have two of the three I was given. Its going to be fun playing this ball for the foreseeable future.

Nice feedback, Freddie. That is an interesting note about how the ball handled the wind. The model this B series is replacing performed extremely well for in the wind and is one of the reasons it is mg gamer. Hopefully the series has not taken a step back in that regard

Back