THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

For those interested in getting on either team are you altering your behavior on THP at all? For example checking out different threads or getting involved in conversations you would have previously not entered in to?

Just wanted to get an idea about what people are planning to do to take this to the rest of the forum and not just a couple threads.

That is one thing I have been working on, to be more involved. I loved reading all the info, reviews and advice on here but I didn't post much. But the chance to be on Regional Rivalry team prompted me to step up. I guess in the past I felt like I didn't know as much as other posters or have the experience to add much info, so I kinda shied away from posting, but this has been the kick in the pants to get me going. I'm working on getting involved in not only this thread but others as well. I've downloaded the live scoring app that was mentioned in another thread and added a bunch of THPers as friends so that once I am able to play I will be posting in there as well as the practice threads. It's a work in progress but I think I'm heading in the right direction.

That is one thing I have been working on, to be more involved. I loved reading all the info, reviews and advice on here but I didn't post much. But the chance to be on Regional Rivalry team prompted me to step up. I guess in the past I felt like I didn't know as much as other posters or have the experience to add much info, so I kinda shied away from posting, but this has been the kick in the pants to get me going. I'm working on getting involved in not only this thread but others as well. I've downloaded the live scoring app that was mentioned in another thread and added a bunch of THPers as friends so that once I am able to play I will be posting in there as well as the practice threads. It's a work in progress but I think I'm heading in the right direction.

Good post Clutch and I think a lot of people feel the way you do especially about posting regarding equipment. That's what is great about this place we want to hear opinions and different views.

That goals thread is one that I have read though a couple times, really cool to see what THP'ers are working toward this year.

With PGA show coverage starting today it means we are a day closer to finding out more about sign ups and details for Regional Rivalry. All kinds of reason to have a good week.

Good post Clutch and I think a lot of people feel the way you do especially about posting regarding equipment. That's what is great about this place we want to hear opinions and different views.

That goals thread is one that I have read though a couple times, really cool to see what THP'ers are working toward this year.

When I first came to THP, I was like most, looking for reviews on equipment and didn't realize the closeness of the community as a whole. But after being on here a while it's amazing to see the friendships that has developed with people in different areas of the country. I made my first THP event last August in Savannah and had a blast, I'm looking forward getting involved in more events this year and developing friendships myself.

For those interested in getting on either team are you altering your behavior on THP at all? For example checking out different threads or getting involved in conversations you would have previously not entered in to?

Just wanted to get an idea about what people are planning to do to take this to the rest of the forum and not just a couple threads.

I haven't really changed my behavior at all. I usually browse quite a few threads, only posting when I feel the need to. I do plan to post more in the practice thread, but with my work schedule plus the winter time, no much has happened for me outside the house.

When I first came to THP, I was like most, looking for reviews on equipment and didn't realize the closeness of the community as a whole. But after being on here a while it's amazing to see the friendships that has developed with people in different areas of the country. I made my first THP event last August in Savannah and had a blast, I'm looking forward getting involved in more events this year and developing friendships myself.
The first THP event hooked me big time. I have only been able to make 2 official events but hopefully I can change that this year. I have played numerous unofficial outings with THP'ers. Jump in head first and you will not regret it is what I have always said since that first event.

This tendonitis in the elbow is being a real PITA in regards to my prep for this event.

Luckily it doesn't effect me practicing putting.

May I ask what may be labelled a technical question. There is a piece of me that wants to be on the team only if the captain wants me. My question is this, must one sign up when the sign up is opened in order to be a Captain's pick. If the sign up is required, what is the typical length of time to do so, in the event that one cannot immediately get to the computer.

May I ask what may be labelled a technical question. There is a piece of me that wants to be on the team only if the captain wants me. My question is this, must one sign up when the sign up is opened in order to be a Captain's pick. If the sign up is required, what is the typical length of time to do so, in the event that one cannot immediately get to the computer.

Interesting question!!!

Mother Nature is not helping with outside prep. While shoveling I was thinking about this event

My brother lives in OC. He said that they only got 3 inches of snow. With the warmer weather, while the courses will be wet, maybe some of the OC area courses will be available for play this weekend. And that is an optimistic maybe.

60 degree weather and sunny!!! Heck yes! Bought to call it a day early and head out to the range. Will be nice to hit thru some dirt :).

Interesting question. Regarding signups it could vary on how they do them. Several events have been send an email with some information during a 1 hour window on a specific day or days depending on size of event. We don't have much info on what the signup process will be.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Nothing has been said how the sign ups will go.

However, with regards to your first comment about wanting to be on the team only if I would want you on the team. I would lee to have you as part of the team. However, as a Captain the last thing I really want to have to question is the desire of in the the team members to be part of the team. Accountability is a big part of team dynamics. Being accountable to the team, the captain, and most importantly yourself.

Interesting question. Regarding signups it could vary on how they do them. Several events have been send an email with some information during a 1 hour window on a specific day or days depending on size of event. We don't have much info on what the signup process will be.

As an admitted techno idiot, if I am not at the keyboard (my office computer) that I am using to write this, then I have no idea how to respond.

Nothing has been said how the sign ups will go.

However, with regards to your first comment about wanting to be on the team only if I would want you on the team. I would lee to have you as part of the team. However, as a Captain the last thing I really want to have to question is the desire of in the the team members to be part of the team. Accountability is a big part of team dynamics. Being accountable to the team, the captain, and most importantly yourself.

I understand what you are saying. You do not need to question my desire to be on the team. As I stated, because I believe it important that I be honest with you, there is the need for me to put the team first and that I know that you as my captain will have confidence in my ability to fulfill the role that you anticipate from me. Accountability to the team, to you as captain is my first priority, perhaps to some extent maybe excessive, I don't know. Again as I have stated, my greatest fear is to let the team and you down. Over coming that fear, being an asset to the team that's my personal reward, so to speak. Maybe I am too concerned with accountability and not enough about just having fun, but that's the spots I have worn all my life when it comes to team events. Playing just for myself is something entirely different.

TheCrest4:
I actually have tried to go into threads I normally don't go into. My time has been limited in the past so I only tended to go to certain forum threads. With the RR, I've tried to participate in more threads that I have in the past while increasing the time I spend reading through the different threads out there.

This tendonitis in the elbow is being a real PITA in regards to my prep for this event.

Luckily it doesn't effect me practicing putting.

Still dealing with mine as well. Going on a month now. Still, I went out on one of the coldest days to practice chipping to work through the pain. Your right though, putting isn't so much affected by it.

I understand what you are saying. You do not need to question my desire to be on the team. As I stated, because I believe it important that I be honest with you, there is the need for me to put the team first and that I know that you as my captain will have confidence in my ability to fulfill the role that you anticipate from me. Accountability to the team, to you as captain is my first priority, perhaps to some extent maybe excessive, I don't know. Again as I have stated, my greatest fear is to let the team and you down. Over coming that fear, being an asset to the team that's my personal reward, so to speak. Maybe I am too concerned with accountability and not enough about just having fun, but that's the spots I have worn all my life when it comes to team events. Playing just for myself is something entirely different.

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
Dale Carnegie

I highly doubt you should fear letting the team and your captain down. I know the type of person you are and I know you will give 110% on every drive, approach and putt.

For those interested in getting on either team are you altering your behavior on THP at all?
Don't forget stepping up your presence on social media. #THPRegionalRivalry @truetempergolf @thpgolf Throw them some love on Twitter. Wouldn't hurt to do the same on Instagram.

I'll take getting on the team through the draw or captain's selection! As soon as the guidelines are posted I will be trying both ways , if possible. If, I don't make it you guys can count on an obnoxious cheerleader! (But don't look at my legs, you'll go blind!)

Don't forget stepping up your presence on social media. #THPRegionalRivalry @truetempergolf @thpgolf Throw them some love on Twitter. Wouldn't hurt to do the same on Instagram.
Good point. @truetempergolf is a good follow especially on Instagram this week.

i haven't been able to do as much as I'd like lately due to work and travel but i try to post in the threads that are relevant to me or in threads where I think I can offer something of value. I'm an admittedly socially disabled person so I do my best.

i haven't been able to do as much as I'd like lately due to work and travel but i try to post in the threads that are relevant to me or in threads where I think I can offer something of value. I'm an admittedly socially disabled person so I do my best.

Socially disabled my a$$! You're a solid dude! Keep doing you and we're all better for it.

Yes, I have stepped up my presence on THP as a whole, even gone out and played with some forum members. I have started posting in threads and even started a few. Prior to the RR I primarily read threads. Being that I am a golf junkie I am apt to jump in any golf related discussion, but generally won't respond with an " I agree" kind of comment I'll respond if I have a different perspective or idea. My biggest passion is everything putting related so I primarily will post in those threads and hope that we can get the involvement there up a bit. Not just equipment, but approaches to actually playing better and technical details on the stroke....something that IMO seems to be lacking on THP.

Not really big into social media so I while I follow THP on Facebook, I don't generally post much there etither. I also have a twitter account, but don't really use it and only have a couple of followers. Both of these are mostly family/friend connection tools.

My job also limits my involvement in THP. I know they can't please everyone, but a no camera phone policy at work basically means I have zero internet connection during the day to enter many of the events and contests here. This will limit my "live" reporting capability during any event; which I know is something that is sought.

Thanks for all the responses. Make this place what you want and what you see fit but don't forget that there is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

Back