Johnny Miller Signs Extension With NBC

I like Miller. I think he's outlandish enough that it becomes a secondary form of entertainment. At least we can enjoy how ridiculous he is.

I guess its true there is a silver lining to everything

I'd rather they dumped Kostis.

Any golf events on NBC are watched at my house with the TV muted. All thanks to Johnny Miller.

I think he often provides good analysis. I just don't like his arrogant tone sometimes. Sometimes it feels like he is saying something controversial or critical for the sake of being controversial.

+1 on that take.

I don't mind him as an analyst but he's not my favorite either.

I like JM, some of the things he says are ridiculous and make me laugh but I enjoy most of what he says.

I'm okay with JM for the most part. He has some good insights sometimes, and often predicts in advance what might happen with a bad shot or bad lie. I just wish he wouldn't attribute every single bad shot to "nerves" or "choking." Jeez, it's a hard game and sometimes you just hit a bad shot.

I will listen to JM any day as opposed to that babbling idiot Chamblee or even worse......Bob Costas!

He's always been a little over the top and is not shy about his love for self, but he's played and won on the grandest stage and I find a lot of what he says to be pretty accurate. I'm glad he's coming back for more.

Meh....Not my favorite but not the worst either.

Jeez I don't like that guy !

Sweet, at least 2.5 more years of some, well, talking....not sure I could call it commentary. But at least we have 2.5 more years of something to complain about.

~Rock

Is he the bumbling idiot or is that Gary McCord. One of those guys I can't stand....or is it both.

Good for him. I just turn the sound down and watch the golf anyways. :shrug:

NBC just wants us to suffer more......

Johnny Miller has slipped some from years past, but he is still my favorite. Every criticism in this thread could be applied to Nick Faldo as well, but I rarely see such venom when fans are taking about him.

great - loves me some Johnny Miller ! Guy walks it like he talks it - much respect

Hopefully he will be done after 2017 so I don't have to keep muting the TV when he talks. Between Johnny Miller and Brandel Chamlee its a coin toss to who is the worst in golf media.

Johnny Miller has slipped some from years past, but he is still my favorite. Every criticism in this thread could be applied to Nick Faldo as well, but I rarely see such venom when fans are taking about him.

I think Faldo is worse at always talking about his past time and time again than Johnny. Both need reminded we are not watching to hear about their past, but I'll take Johnny over Faldo any day. McCord is a bumbling idiot. Not sure how he keeps his job. He adds nothing.

Johnny Miller Signs Extension With NBC

Can't say a fan, but I'm getting used to him. Not bothered either way.
I agree with the Faldo comments. As someone I grew up idolizing, his move into TV has been a car crash as far as I'm concerned. Hero to zero!

Johnny rules

For some reason today, he seems to be way more annoying than normal, too bad it's another couple years of this oddness!

For some reason today, he seems to be way more annoying than normal, too bad it's another couple years of this oddness!
More annoying than normal? Damn it must be reallllllly bad lol

Makes me glad I'm not watching then

Back