What Brings Feel Most?

Ball for me. Then iron, shaft, & grip. Of course when you hit it fat as much as I do everything pretty much feels the same.

Ball for sure then the irons...after that would have to be grip and lastly the shaft....

It's a tough choice between ball and irons for me but I'll go with the ball. No matter what the feel of the golf ball is the first thing I always notice and I think I can find a ball to fit different types of irons in terms of feel. I'm not sure I can say the opposite would be true for irons.

Shaft for me. Swapping shafts provides almost immediate feedback most times where I can tell when something feels smooth rigid. I'm sure those others factor in, but none make as much of an impact.

I would have to go irons, ball, shaft and then grip.

Before taking part in the Ultimate Weekend with True Temper a few months ago, I would have said:
Ball
Irons
Grip
Shaft

My answer now:
Shaft
Irons
Ball
Grip

Im going to say head design first, then ball, then shaft, then grip...... for me i think that's how it is haha.

I agree with Papajo. Head affects feel the most for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can only pick one I'd go with shafts with irons a close second. If all else remains the same and keep changing the shafts it would change the feel the most.

Irons first for sure. Some just feel like a big ol' CLUNK (looking at you TM Rocketbladez). After that, it's probably the ball, though I wonder where that fits if we're talking irons only. Shaft and grip follow. Unless you're going to a Winn soft or maybe a jumbo, grips just don't make that much difference to me when it comes to feel on iron shots.

Feel for me is mostly sound so I will say ball. A putter is a type of "iron" and when putting for me the ball is way more important for feel than the shaft, grip, or clubhead design.

I'd say grip probably affects it more than many realize.

Shaft 1st for me, with the right shaft any iron can feel good imo

I'd say grip probably affects it more than many realize.

May be true for some but I have played with thin, thick, soft, firm, cord, rubber, leather, etc all types and ultimately for me, they just don’t do much for my feel in comparison to the other options.

I’d be interested to hear from those that place grips higher though and why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irons
Shafts
Grips
Ball

Assuming those are the four choices, which one impacts your "feel" the most?

Light grip pressure.

I’ll say it’s the irons and then the ball for me.

Although I still cannot pinpoint one over the other, I can say that I was astounded by the different sensation that the Steelfiber i95 shafts produced compared to Rifles (with Prosoft inserts).

When I changed grips, a fairly significant change at that in going from NDMC to Pure DTX, the feel of the club remained the same as far as I could decipher.

I wouldn't have guessed that prior.

Shafts
Irons
Balls
Grips

Shafts can totally change the feel. Iron heads can too, but too me cast feels like cast and forged feels like forged. Also the feel of an iron change more with different shafts than the feel of a shaft with different heads. Balls are next, I dont notice a lot of difference with balls in feel, it's usually how they fly that changes for me. Grips dont change anything for me.

I'd say irons, followed by shafts, ball then grips. The goal is mine all 4 matching up on the same day!

For me I think it's iron...ball...shaft...grip.

I believe the ball, first of all.

For me its the shaft. I've changed grips, balls, and even heads in the past. While they all impact feel, changing shafts has had the biggest impact on feel for me.

If we're talking impact

Irons
Ball
Grip
Shaft

For me: grip, shaft, irons, ball.

Iron. Maybe a little bit of the ball.

Back