Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Irons
Shafts
Grips
Ball

Assuming those are the four choices, which one impacts your "feel" the most?

Depending on the club and shot (full vs half swing etc...) it's a combination of most factors for me. Ball and shaft would be the biggest two factors for me though, either could be #1 ... depending.

Since it’s the one part of the club connected to your hands, I’m going to say grip...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball, can always seem to tell if a ball is softer or harder by how clicky it sounds on the club face.

Ball
Shaft
Grip
Iron

Im going to say head design first, then ball, then shaft, then grip...... for me i think that's how it is haha.

Iron
Shaft
Ball
Grip

Irons
Shafts
Grips
Ball

Assuming those are the four choices, which one impacts your "feel" the most?

Of those, for me, the irons, then the ball.

I think, from most to least responsible for feel, it goes ball, club, shaft, grip.

irons
shaft
ball
grip

Of that list it’s the irons. For me they dictate feel and or feedback. The ball is next.

Irons, Ball (then after a reasonably long chasm) Grip and Shaft

For me, I would have to say the Ball.

I can always notice how the ball feels when I use a premium vs a distance harder ball.

Next, I would say irons for me. I definitely can tell when I hit a fat or toe shot versus when I hit the ball solidly.

My order is the same one you listed: Irons, Shafts, Grip, Ball.

Ball and iron make the biggest for what I associate with feel. Shaft is more about the swing and damping vibrations.

Ball, iron, grip, shaft

For me it would be irons; I love the feeling of hitting the sweat-spot and not feeling the strike. If an iron can't give me that feeling/feedback it won't be in my bag.

Side note - JB, you're on fire with topics today!

For me it would be irons; I love the feeling of hitting the sweat-spot and not feeling the strike. If an iron can't give me that feeling/feedback it won't be in my bag.

Side note - JB, you're on fire with topics today!

Just having some fun my friend. Love chatting golf and love all of the insane stuff going on on THP right now.

Ball, Irons, Shaft, Grip is my order

Irons
Ball
Shaft
Grips.

In the swing, I'd say the shaft, feeling how it reacts to transitioning to the downswing, especially. At impact, if depends on the club, to be honest. The springy feeling of an iron with a lot of forgiveness is a product of the club, but with a player-y iron or a wedge I think the ball impacts feel more. Grips have always been about moisture control and being confident I won't let go of the club, but I don't think they contribute to the feel of the club through the swing.

Shaft, iron, ball, grip....for me!

i honestly have no clue. as soon as i start to type out an answer, i second-guess it. so i'll just say, "yes."

Depends.

Putting it’s the ball.

Most everywhere else it’s the shaft closely followed by the ball.

I'd say grip as that's where I get the feedback the most.

Back