Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Been waiting on this one, and MAN is it a looker IMO:

Cobra Golf, a leader in golf equipment innovation and design, today introduces new KING wedges designed to improve feel and performance on the shots that really count. In addition to a new muscle shape, the KING wedge collection utilizes progressive grooves, variable face roughness and three sole grind configurations, to provide golfers with superior feel, increased spin consistency and personalization for different swing types.

“We’ve been working on these new wedges for nearly two years to create the best-performing specialty wedges for golfers,” said Jose Miraflor, Director of Product Marketing at COBRA Golf. “Our COBRA engineers collaborated with our tour players, including Rickie Fowler, Jonas Blixt and Lexi Thompson, and conducted extensive research and testing on the KING wedges. Through that we’ve greatly improved wedge feel and versatility, giving golfers the confidence to hit a variety of shots around the green.”

One of the most important attributes of a wedge is feel and COBRA engineers used modal analysis to help tune vibrational frequencies (or shape) to deliver the softest feeling wedge to date. The KING wedges (MAP $149) are designed and manufactured using new Progressive Milled Grooves which feature wider grooves and gapping on higher lofted wedges, and traditional groove spacing on lower lofted wedges. The wider groove design allows higher lofted wedges (56-60*) to grab the golf ball imparting increased spin, and making spin more consistent throughout the wedge set. The new grooves are combined with Variable Face Roughness (VFR), a face milling technology that maximizes both RA (average roughness) and RY (max peak to peak depth) to the USGA limit.

To provide the ultimate wedge customization and performance, the KING wedges feature Three Sole Grind configurations that have been combined with the iconic COBRA Notch, which provides golfers with the ability to choose the perfect wedge to match their game and turf conditions. Each unique sole grind has its own set of advantages: the Versatile sole features a medium bounce (8-10*) to provide overall versatility on medium to firm turf conditions, the Classic configuration has a high sole bounce (11-12*) and a narrow sole for ease of use on all turf conditions, and the WideLow option has a low bounce (4-7*) with a wide sole that works well on medium to soft turf conditions.

The KING wedges, available April 1, 2016, feature a new, durable Satin Nickel Chrome plating finish that helps diffuse light and prevent glare along with True Temper Dynamic Golf S200 (Stiff) shafts and Lamkin UTX grip. For more information on the entire KING family of products, visit cobragolf.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I can dig that. Good looking wedge.

The cut out notch in the middle seems interesting. The etched in logo is bad ass.

I like it... alot.

I still really really like the Tour Trusty, so if this is better than that... they have a winner on their hands.

I like that the snake logo is back, shot looking wedge

The Cobra logo looks awesome on it. Excited to see if it performs as well as it looks.

That is a great looking wedge. Interesting sole design.

Cobra definitely got the looks right on all their clubs this year's King line. Hope it performs as well as it looks.

Solid looks for sure!

That's really great looking. Cobra is killing it this year.

I love options!

But...I'm not a fan of the looks on these.

Looks great! I want to see one in person!

This might be my favorite wedge just based on how it looks.

Love the King Cobra logo being back.

Great looking wedge. I'd definitely be interesting in checking it out.

We badly need some more photos of this thing. Cobra has me on strings this year with the gear they are bringing out.
Headed back to the condo to start uploading some for you.

Looks sweet, like everything else Cobra has been releasing lately.

Not a bad looking wedge. Really like what cobra is doing this year
They really do have a complete line-up (other than putter) with something for everyone.

Really like that look

I really like my tour trustys, I'd like to know how these compare

Good idea posting the tweets James, love seeing these on the forum. Definitely need to swing this and put it up against my MD3.

Back