Odyssey WorksVersa Sabertooth Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The new extension of Odyssey Works Versa Putters features the proven Fusion RX insert and Versa high contrast alignment that have made the Odyssey Works line a huge success on Tour and with golfers all over the world. These new models feature some of our best technologies to help golfers make more putts.

Odyssey Works Versa Sabertooth Putter

Available Options: Sabertooth, Sabertooth (with Superstroke), Sabertooth Tank

Price: Standard: $199.99, with Superstroke grip: $219.99

Retail: 2/5/2016

Odyssey Works Versa Sabertooth Putters prove just how obsessed and relentless we are about making the highest performance putters in the world with their major-winning high contrast alignment and head shapes. Odyssey Works is a high performance technology platform that takes everything we know about putting and puts it to work. It all leads to technologies that push the industry forward and help golfers become better putters.

These new putters have combined our best selling, best feeling, most trusted insert ever with quicker roll that gets the ball into a pure roll faster. And we’ve added the Tour proven, major-winning Sabertooth head design with the dual fangs for increased MOI, peak stability and even more alignment. Yes, you really get all that proven technology in one putter.

Features & Benefits

Quicker Roll With Fusion RX
We’ve taken our most legendary insert of all-time that’s our best feeling, best selling, with the most Tour wins and combined it with unbelievable new roll technology for the Fusion RX Insert.
It’s where feel meets roll as we couple the White Hot insert with ultra thin stainless steel mesh and our patented Metal-X roll pattern. There are no compromises, and it has faster roll than the White Hot insert, so it reduces skidding and gets the ball into a pure roll faster.

Major-Winning Versa Alignment
You’ve seen how the world’s best players trust this visionary alignment. The silver and black contrast lets your eyes key in on the linear designs to highlight the proper face angle from address to impact for alignment throughout your putting stroke.

Major-Winning Sabertooth Head Design
You’ve seen the Sabertooth head design win major championship and Tour events all over the world. With the dual fangs, we’ve positioned the weight towards the perimeter of the clubhead to increase MOI for peak stability. And the aiming channels provide an additional alignment aide on the putter.

*Tank Counterbalance (for Sabertooth Tank model)
More stability at impact. The counterbalance weight, heavier heads and heavier shafts quiet the hands and engage the big muscles to promote a more consistent stroke.

odyssey-works-versa-sabertooth-tank-face-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-versa-sabertooth-tank-back-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-versa-sabertooth-tank-hero-2015-L.jpg

odyssey-works-versa-sabertooth-tank-top-2015-L.jpg

I've never rolled a Sabertooth, but it's one design that screams stability to me. Should be a great offering for those who love the head shape.

I LOVE my Sabertooth, I'd probably still have it if I hadn't accidently dropped it on the cart path at Deer Creek the day before the KC Invitational last summer. It happens, need to be more careful.

This looks like the best of both worlds to me. The only "down side" about my Sabertooth, was I felt like it was a little light. I would have liked it to be a little heavier, other than that, it was great.

This one looks amazing, too!

So cool, I love seeing this model back in the line, now if only they could make it in CS!

would love to give this a go. put a single bend shaft in and I'd be sold.

Let me just, I love mine

Stability is exactly what I thought when I saw this, like the 2 dots on the top line.

One of my favorite designs. So happy the Sabertooth is returning.

Oh wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this one. I'm a bigger #7 fan but I can get down with this one. I like what I'm reading.

edit: tank model is a bonus.

The Sabertooth has just never fit my eye, however, I am glad they put this in the Works Versa line.

I had a ST when they first came out. Needed a light weight mallet and this fit the bill. Always been a fan

I have always liked the sabertooth and not sure why I really never purchased one. The black accents on the silver look really good. I'll be giving this and the V-line Fang a hard look.

Never bought a mallet (yet!) but I've always loved the look (and name) of the Sabertooth. Always felt so solid and stable when I tried it in stores. I was saddened by what looked like it's inevitable demise, so I'm happy to see it still has life in the Odyssey line-up. Sabertooth and Jailbird are two of the most stable feeling putters I've ever tried.

I've never tried a Sabertooth, definitely looks stable though.

I've never tried a Sabertooth, definitely looks stable though.

If that stability appeals to you, definitely give it a try sometime. I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Wow really liking the way this looks! Will have to find one to demo.

I have never once rolled a sabertooth style odyssey. I guess I should get on that.

I'm a 2ball fan and when I rolled this I liked it. It is a light weight compromise for my 2ball.

The White Hot Sabertooth is still one of my favorite putters of all time. I will absolutely be hitting this one, ALOT! Will be added as soon as it releases.

If I was in the market for a putter is game this! favorite head shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b400f25c0e77ca90ba1f2a63631cdb28.jpg

So wish I could get into this style of putter. Just a great looking piece of equipment.

Back