2016 Snowmageddon

I understand why, but flying in the wrong direction still seems strange. Nashville was a much better choice. Good luck getting out tomorrow!

24-26 inches here. I got my car out this afternoon right before the first NFL game and met a few new neighbors. The storm wasn't all bad..just 99% bad.

We had a mini neighborhood party in the morning. After we dug out 5 cars most of us went in and relaxed the rest if the day. I noticed around 1 there was a second party going on and they were digging out one car for a lady who won't be back til late in the week and wouldn't need her car right away. I have met several neighbors thru winter storms.

Ive been out the past 3 days. The road crews are doing a good job, 2' plus drifting is a huge undertaking for any crew. Couple days and it should be back near normal. On /off ramps are being worked now. Patience is the name of the game.

So I had two choices when I rebooked my flight for tomorrow. One leaving BWI around 4:15 PM and going through New Hampshire and getting in Orlando at 10:15

The other leaving BWI at 6:10 changing in Nashville and getting in Orlando at 10:45 pm.

There re was no way in hell I was flying further north to connect. Nashville it is, the 30 minute earlier arrival time wasn't worth the risk of NH getting pounded out of the blue.

I checked Nashville weather, it's supposed to be 55 there to tomorrow. I feel safe in that choice.

I had to do something similar a few years back coming back from Toronto. I went Toronto -> New Hampshire, by way of Charlotte NC. It didn't make sense, but I got home. Wise choice not flying through Manchester. While it's not a bad airport, it's small-ish, so I've found more delays there than Boston.

Have a good trip down to FL.

Ive been out the past 3 days. The road crews are doing a good job, 2' plus drifting is a huge undertaking for any crew. Couple days and it should be back near normal. On /off ramps are being worked now. Patience is the name of the game.
Any idea if your slope stability exercise worked out?

Any idea if your slope stability exercise worked out?

Like a boss it worked. So relieved, just pushed the last of the piles snow down over the edge. We'll be a couple days cleaning this mess up.

Like a boss it worked. So relieved, just pushed the last of the piles snow down over the edge. We'll be a couple days cleaning this mess up.
Well done. Glad it worked out. Soil stability is not my area of expertise, so I'm glad to see it work well.

We had a mini neighborhood party in the morning. After we dug out 5 cars most of us went in and relaxed the rest if the day. I noticed around 1 there was a second party going on and they were digging out one car for a lady who won't be back til late in the week and wouldn't need her car right away. I have met several neighbors thru winter storms.

It's nice to hear you are meeting more neighbors but it's a shame that this country has gotton to the point that it takes a major storm to bring us together.

Thanks man. Floods caused by extremely high tides, full moon, precipitation, and 60+mph winds
Makes sense, I didn't realize you were that close to the ocean. Hopefully no water made it in. I heard on the radio this morning the water crested at a record level.

JohnSinVA,
That was a tough match, lots of grinding to end at AS. :D

I hope that everyone remained safe and recovers from the storm quickly.

Thats awesome!

We use to do that back in the day during storms like that, however the PD wasn't a nice about it. Luckily, we live in a small town and they just told us to stop so we don't fall down and slide into oncoming traffic by accident.

NYPD was cool about it though, but...no traffic helps.

That was so cool. Thanks Icey

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

At BWI waiting for 6:40 flight. It's great to see flights taking off and a departure board that is full of
On Time

Oh yeah TSA PreCheck rocks. The picture is taken from there with 4 people in front of me.

Compared to the regular security line.

Now I just have to hope no bare feet next to me on the plane.

5f70abcf7ad4d1ee7b8eeabd6a8d599c.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Makes sense, I didn't realize you were that close to the ocean. Hopefully no water made it in. I heard on the radio this morning the water crested at a record level.

JohnSinVA,

I was lucky I was about 3 inches from it coming in. I need new insulation, wiring, and gas hoses under the house now, as well as a new she'd, but it could have been way worse

It's nice to hear you are meeting more neighbors but it's a shame that this country has gotton to the point that it takes a major storm to bring us together.

We have had some turnover in the neighborhood and a lot of the eons that would be out helping shovel and dig out have moved away and we don't see as many people around normally. I happen to be outside at a good time to meet some new neighbors and talk with some I usually only see in passing

----------------------

ventured es out at lunch time and the main 3 lane highway passing by the house was in good shape minus the right turn lanes into shopping complexes and onto side streets was snow covered. The the feeder road to my complex and the two cross streets were plowed somewhat and still are in bad shape with only one lane instead of two normally. Good news is I did see a big front loader taking care of the main secondary street that allows access to the cross street of my complex so,hopefully they get to the cross street to today

Roads to BWI, route 100, I95 and I-195 were all completely clear and dry. The garage at BWI was pretty full but found spots open on the 7th level.

Finally made it down to Florida this afternoon. Resting before going to demo day tomorrow.

Finally made it down to Florida this afternoon. Resting before going to demo day tomorrow.
I'm finaly airborne!!! Looking forward to hitting it up tomorrow afternoon.

JohnSinVA,

I was lax in posting updates today:

75f80c9f6e73b06b194fe623ad6adb66.jpg

Road plowed and we finally busted through. I took the kids out for pizza and am claiming a 2 and 1 victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah TSA PreCheck rocks. The picture is taken from there with 4 people in front of me.

True! If you ever travel internationally, Global Entry is WELL worth the time and effort. Cleared customs in EWR last summer in 4 minutes and LAX last Nov in 10 minutes, and 99% of those times are just the walking time from the aircraft to the kiosk.

Back