Yellow cake, you know what I'm talking about!

Yes sir, love it!

Yes to cake.

Heck yeah, hook me up!

I feel like the yellow cake that I've had...and am thinking of...is NOT the same yellow cake Freddie is speaking of. But when it comes to cake, I will not discriminate.

I like pie !

I'm sad to say I have no clue on what the "yellow" cake that you describe is. I need to get out more. Maybe when I move to Florida in a few years I can get me some yellow cake. BTW, I grew up where things like Krumkake and Kransers were common. I also just ate some Lefsa with butter on it for a snack.

My wife bakes cakes for birthday parties and the like. She uses either some sour cream or applesauce to increase the moistness of her cakes. That and putting frosting on as soon as the cake has cooled to the point where the frosting won't melt and make a mess. It's hard keeping weight off when the wife gets into a cake baking frenzy, especially when she uses fondant and has lots of left over cake from sculpting.

I'm living with this woman: http://instagram.com/treatsbymissjeni so I *know* what you're talking about.

She made these Raspberry cheesecake cupcakes last weekend that were absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like any color cake! If it needs help then a nice scoop of vanilla bean ice cream will fix it right up!

Is it tres leches cake you are describing

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have no clue what you are talking about. Not a big fan of cake in general, but that does look good!

Ok, I am on a mission to find a good yellow cake to share with the fellas in Alabama. I am pretty sure I will find one.

What's a black Fourth of July party? Asking for a friend....
It is hard to explain but lets just say its not hot dogs and burgers. There are a great deal of fried foods, grape drank and yellow cake....lol

It is hard to explain but lets just say its not hot dogs and burgers. There are a great deal of fried foods, grape drank and yellow cake....lol
That sounds way better than any 4th party I've been too. Last time I got hit with a firework from my father in law setting it up wrong. Bring that cake to 'Bama!

I am dead serious, I am on the look.
That sounds way better than any 4th party I've been too. Last time I got hit with a firework from my father in law setting it up wrong. Bring that cake to 'Bama!

sour-cream-yellow-cake-03.jpg

This is the yellow cake I grew up with. Lightly frosted with a powdered sugar frosting.

YUSSS, it has evolved into this and this is quite good.
sour-cream-yellow-cake-03.jpg

This is the yellow cake I grew up with. Lightly frosted with a powdered sugar frosting.

Back