Driver Club Head Speed?

I've seen my clubhead speed up around 105mph and I've seen it as low as 85 mph. On trackman, simulators, the thing golf galaxy has. I've honestly quit looking at numbers and all the extra stuff. It just puts unwanted thoughts in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought mine was only around 90mph but testing the GBB showed 97mph... I got a little excited..

I've seen my clubhead speed up around 105mph and I've seen it as low as 85 mph. On trackman, simulators, the thing golf galaxy has. I've honestly quit looking at numbers and all the extra stuff. It just puts unwanted thoughts in my head.

so true. i'm really guilty of swinging for certain numbers when on a sim, instead of just making my swing.

Last time I was checked (Prior to 2013 Morgan Cup...dang I need to get on a monitor)....I was right around 91 mph

Most recently mine was measured on the simulator last weekend with THPers. Anywhere around 108 did the trick.

Last lesson was 72mph.He said it wasn't real bad since I'm learning a new technique

I'm in the 106 range with a driver but I only use it 4-5 times per round. With my 2 wood it's about 103 mph. I'm not one to spend time on a launch monitor unless they have a Trackman at the range on a demo day at my club. I stopped obsessing about distance gains about 25 years ago and now that I'm 50 I would just try to maintain my 255 yard comfortable carry distance for another decade so I don't have to move up to the white tees. IMO, distance control with irons is much more likely to help your scoring than and extra 10 yards off the tee.

Avg. 105 on the Trackman at The Kingdom. That was a few years ago. What is it today? I have no idea.

94 - 99 on a sim.

100 to 110. 110 is pushing my limits as a golfer...

Last night was 85-90 according to skytrak on sim

My swing speed is slug like.

As of last weekend (MI sim round) it was 102 with my 3W. I didn't have a driver at the time. I will be logging time with SkyTrak tonight and I'll see what it says.

After warming up, in a 7-shot session the low was 95, the high 102. I don't swing hard though, I could get it higher. But the ball would be 30y off line on a best case scenario. I'll gladly keep it in this range to keep it in play.

Talking to a friend this morning we got to talking about club head speed with testing and using the FlightScope (or devices like it) to measure. How I always thought my speed was one thing and it turned it out was different. So my question is do you know your club head speed and how was it measured?

I do not...I have a 10-15 mph range based on my distance. Does knowing your club head speed matter? If so, how does it help you as a golfer?

It was theoretically 105 when I was measured for a driver 2.5 years ago. I'll let you know in April at Club Clash!

I do not...I have a 10-15 mph range based on my distance. Does knowing your club head speed matter? If so, how does it help you as a golfer?
Knowing your club head speed gives you your smash factor in turn letting you know if how much distance you lose from non solid hits in turns helps you inform how much time to spend practicing certain things.

I tested at 103 max. Happens to be consistent, multiple different trackman and the computer at PGASS.

115 mph average (pgatss about golf simulator), but I can crank it up to 118 if I need to.

104/108 if need be, usually its a wider swing that is slow with a good coil. Back in the day I was 112/115...Ahhh getting older!.

Under control, 98-102 range and configuration had a definite impact. I was consistently 101+ testing the new XR 16 driver.

90 to 95 on your monitor in 2010. Checked again by Callaway Performance Center in 2012 prior to MC 2.0 and it was the same. Haven't been checked since, I am guessing I have slowed down some.

I always thought I was 100-103 based on going to Golfsmith over the years. Then this past summer I got on a Trackman outdoors and the numbers were definitely different. Trackman had me in the 95-97 range.

Last time I was on a monitor was at the ECPC over a year ago. It was right around 110-115.

Back