What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two straight week of trying to play with a sprained wrist, need to shut it down. 43/49 92.

Going to shut down for 2 weeks and see how the wrist feels, could end up being a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to rest those issues. Your up coming trip should help with that.
Hope it's s feeling better soon.

Played Northview (The Canal), shot a 93 with 3 penalties

0 birds 3 pars 9 bogeys 6 double+, 3/14 FIR :angry:, 1/18 GIR :banghead:, 34 putts, Drive (long) 294 yards , (avg) 230 yds, 20% up&down, 1 sand save

+4 40 today

No warm up at all - first tee time, running late due to frost.
A lousy 47/49 96 with 41 putts. Lipped out at least 4 putts that I remember. Hit 13 great drives, hooked the other 1 OB - twice.
Just did not get anything going. But it was still a blast - just not as much fun as shooting a decent number.

Did a two man scramble at North Bellingham with my brother today and we shot 75 with 3 birdies. Should have been lower but we managed to bogey the last 3 in a row :banghead:

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

What did you shoot today?

Played a local short course 6000 yards (par 72). Tale of two nines:
43/34
12/14 fwys
8 greens
5 birdies (4 doubles on front)
27 putts
Short game was very solid and hit some shots really tight. Great ball striking all around.

Last edited:
Played 9 holes with only my 7-iron. No putter either.
Didnt keep score. I just felt like walking, and instead of hopping on a treadmill, thought it would be fun to try that.

What I learned:
Greenside bunkers can be a killer with a 7-iron.

The par 5 played way easier hitting three 7's on. It was very eye opening.

Also...it was a very easy, straightforward way to play. It's easy to play relative mistake free golf...with one exception: trying to smack the ball to make up for a lack of club. There was a lot of wind today...and a few times, hitting into the wind, I tried to lay into it.

First tee time this morning, my partner did not show up. So I played alone.
No pre-round range time - everything was frost delayed. Except the first tee, that is.

So, no putting, no chipping and no full swings before the round - for the third time this week.

End up shooting 85, GHIN to 82. Even after 8 holes, then vomited on myself with a 9, 7, 8 on the next three holes. Got things back together, played the last 5 holes even par.

It could have been great - instead, it was terrific!! 31 putts, three sand saves, three birdies. 10/14 FIR!! Strong chipping today.

AND.... I cannot post the score, because I played alone.

No pre-round range time - everything was frost delayed. Except the first tee, that is.

So, no putting, no chipping and no full swings before the round - for the third time this week.

End up shooting 85, GHIN to 82. Even after 8 holes, then vomited on myself with a 9, 7, 8 on the next three holes. Got things back together, played the last 5 holes even par.

It could have been great - instead, it was terrific!! 31 putts, three sand saves, three birdies. 10/14 FIR!! Strong chipping today.

Awesome round Dave. Man you have some hot and cold rounds brother

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That new rule is a pain in the a$$.

To to put it in Presidential parlance, "The USGA acted stupidly....."

Great round Spivey!

JM

Post it anyway the rule is stupid! I understand playing by the rules and it's a game of integrity but the USGA are ......!

Post it anyway the rule is stupid! I understand playing by the rules and it's a game of integrity but the USGA are ......!
Agreed. Post it up!

Agreed. Post it up!

Nope. I will follow the USGA rule. While I don't agree, I will play "fair and square" with respect to handicap.
BTW, it indexed to 7.4.

Nope. I will follow the USGA rule. While I don't agree, I will play "fair and square" with respect to handicap.
BTW, it indexed to 7.4.
good on you, dude.

Shot an 80 today on a tough track, which I would have taken before the start. Could have been something special, 3 birdies on the front for a 37, then stumbled a little with two doubles on the back and a 43. Iron game is still pretty poor, but my chipping/pitching, putting and driving was solid.

Shot an 80 today on a tough track, which I would have taken before the start. Could have been something special, 3 birdies on the front for a 37, then stumbled a little with two doubles on the back and a 43. Iron game is still pretty poor, but my chipping/pitching, putting and driving was solid.

Still a really solid day dude! Well played!

37/41 for 78 at a wide open course with my new sticks. Very pleased with how I hit the ball with them.

Shot 41/39- 80 today, first time out with the DUO U and some adjustments to the bag, but I think I have finally nailed down a setup and I have to say... this DUO U is AWESOME!!!

Today's score was 84 (42, 42). Had a darn good day off the tees, chipping, and putting was acceptable. Irons were a little ragged. This was the third round with a new set of irons and I hoped for a little better results. Need more range time.

Again, frost delay prevented any warm up. The range opened after my tee time.

46/45 91 GHIN to 90. One birdie, 36 putts, four lost balls. Seems to be the story of my life.
Good news - 10 FIR, 9 GIR, found four balls.

72* in TX in Jan. is guaranteed to load up the course with people and today was no different! Not a bad day 42/43 - 85 at Twin Creeks in Allen, TX. Course was in so-so shape but for winter here it wasn't that bad.

84 at TPC Las Vegas. Great time with ron and Shane. Boy am I rusty

Struggled through a 89 today....really fighting a slice with the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back