The Cheese Thread

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
I am a lover of cheese and figure there has to be more of us around. So I hope this thread gets a little traction.

What's your favorite and what do you like it with. What are you looking at trying or what are you trying to hunt down?

I just picked up a beautiful triple cream Brie cheese and it's absolutely fantastic and also a really nice smoked Irish Cheddar. I'm pretty simple and love them with saltines.

Do cheese curds and string cheese count? If so I may be a lover of cheese.

Do cheese curds and string cheese count? If so I may be a lover of cheese.

It all counts. The only exception is cheese slices hahaha

I am a pepper jack guy and like it with anything.

There is a great little cheese shop in the next town over that we used to go to quite a bit. I'm pretty adventurous with cheese but have to say my favorites are pretty mundane; Cabot super sharp Vermont cheddar, goat cheese with herbs de provance, and a good blue make me happy

There is a great little cheese shop in the next town over that we used to go to quite a bit. I'm pretty adventurous with cheese but have to say my favorites are pretty mundane; Cabot super sharp Vermont cheddar, goat cheese with herbs de provance, and a good blue make me happy

I need to find this.

I could probably eat a pound of mozzarella just by itself.

mozzarella with crackers or salami/pepperoni or anything/by itself
cheddar with apples and/or crackers
pepperjack on chicken/nachos

Don't even get me started, my 33 years living in Wisconsin and Minnesota made me a 3rd generation cheese snob. 4+ year sharp cheddar is a staple around our house and we don't do any processed cheeses, or any other fake dairy products. At the moment I have 5 different types of cheeses in the fridge, I guess I need to get to the store.

Pepper jack, smoked Gouda, and fresh mozzarella.

In the wrapper or unwrapped slices?

Any pre packaged processed slices are not cheese in my books, but hey if you like them that's fine by me.

White cheddar, sharp cheddar, provolone.

My work gets me into cheese plants, almost weekly, I've had some really good cheese.

The best cheese I have ever had was blue cheese right off of the line at Seymour Dairy, now Great Lakes Dairy.

Gouda and Munster

Munster and
Swiss

Just picked up some aged Wisconsin sharp cheddar. Mango habanero, ghost pepper and cheddar and chocolate cheddar

What is this chocolate cheddar that you speak of?

I love to use fontina on burgers because it melts so nicely.

As a native Wisconsinite who's spent college summers working in a cheese factory, I definitely belong in this thread.

My favorite is Hook's 15 year aged cheddar (http://www.hookscheese.com/). It makes an absolutely amazing grilled cheese when paired with a Russian black bread from Stella's (http://stellasofmadison.com/).

Chocolate cheddar sounds interesting.

Love cheeses. We semi-regularly make our own charcuterie and cheese boards for dinner (we call it gnosh). There's almost always a soft goat cheese - herb or honey, sometimes sun dried tomatoes - and one or more of Gouda, smoked Irish cheddar, asagio, Bismarck or something else that catches our eye on the board. We always have Swiss and mild cheddar in the house. Always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepper Jack rocks on all kinds of things for me. I grew up eating Sharp Cheddar blocks sliced with crackers, and or sausage. Can't go wrong with that!

Here's another great tip for grilled cheese. Cheddar and Swiss together. You are welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back