The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on a daily inhaler for a month, new antibiotic, more steroids. Hope this knocks it out this time!

Going on a daily inhaler for a month, new antibiotic, more steroids. Hope this knocks it out this time!
Hope you start feeling better Barry.

Still at home and my first flight today has already been delayed.

hoping this works out and gets you on the path to "normalcy"

Still at home and my first flight today has already been delayed.

That sux. Connecting flight into a Jonas affected airport?

That sux. Connecting flight into a Jonas affected airport?

I am guessing the delays I am seeing are due to de-icing in Minneapolis.

If you tell me you don't want to golf because it is to cold, then don't get pissy with me because I didn't call today because it was colder. Time to find another partner to golf with. :banghead:

Just got all my paperwork together for my meeting with the accountant tomorrow to do our taxes. This meeting always gives me a panic attack. Just hearing the word taxes makes me freak out.

Just got all my paperwork together for my meeting with the accountant tomorrow to do our taxes. This meeting always gives me a panic attack. Just hearing the word taxes makes me freak out.

Convenient that JB is busy with the PGA show and leaves you with that fun task. :alien: I'm sure my tax burden isn't anywhere close to yours but I hate it just as much. Get through it and have a nice big drink when you get home.

Convenient that JB is busy with the PGA show and leaves you with that fun task. :alien: I'm sure my tax burden isn't anywhere close to yours but I hate it just as much. Get through it and have a nice big drink when you get home.

JB doesn't handle any of the finances, I take care of all of that. I have a degree in Finance, and he is not the greatest with money (although he has gotten a lot better over the years), so it has always been my job. It doesn't make it any easier though, I seriously stress about money every minute of every day. And when this time of year rolls around, I feel like I am one giant panic attack.

JB doesn't handle any of the finances, I take care of all of that. I have a degree in Finance, and he is not the greatest with money (although he has gotten a lot better over the years), so it has always been my job. It doesn't make it any easier though, I seriously stress about money every minute of every day. And when this time of year rolls around, I feel like I am one giant panic attack.

This time of year definitely sucks. Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow.

I feel like playing golf...

Giving the envelope system a try starting on the first of this month. So close to meeting some financial goals, but I'm not responsible enough to have a card of any kind. I need to physically see the money going away for it to make a difference. Going to look like a total nerd when I go grocery shopping, but it will be for the best. I want to make some trips (Vegas) happen this year without putting anything else on a credit card.

Morgan I hate tax time as well as its always as an unknown for us. Like last year my part-time/full time job is gonna prolly make things a little more complicated for my CPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving the envelope system a try starting on the first of this month. So close to meeting some financial goals, but I'm not responsible enough to have a card of any kind. I need to physically see the money going away for it to make a difference. Going to look like a total nerd when I go grocery shopping, but it will be for the best. I want to make some trips (Vegas) happen this year without putting anything else on a credit card.

Good by you dude, its tough but VERY eye opening (we need to go back to doing it)

I feel like playing golf...
Me too buddy. Me too.

I've been considering a switch to cash myself recently. I've totally lost track of my spending habits, and I know it isn't good....

For budgeting software look at YNAB. Pretty neat mentality about having money and budgeting.

In other news my company has decided to allow non-customer facing positions to wear jeans which is cool, but the culture of our management has me seriously debating weather or not to take advantage of the policy. I don't think any real repercussions will come from wearing denim, but I do wonder how it will be viewed.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

When I was in college I was a server, and I would take all my tip money and put it in an envelope. I was trying to build credit so I would make purchases on my credit card, but always made sure there was enough matching money in the envelope and then every month I would pay off that credit card.

It taught me so much about budgeting money.

You and me both. I'm the money handler in the marriage, and the wife even has a minor in finance. Go figure. Money keeps me up a lot at night, and while we're both paid well, the fact it could all go away if I'm not on top of things really does stress me out at times. Now that we're looking to buy a house (and rent out our current one, instead of selling) it gives me a whole other reason to develop an ulcer.

Cash is king. It'll be slightly less convenient at the check out line, but you get used to it. We used it for everything from gas, to eating out, to food purchases and our date night money. Once the money is gone, it's gone and you better hope payday is the next day. What was always nice is when you get paid and look in the envelope and there is still money there.

That is Morgan.

So true, and so awesome. Hahahaha

Cash is king. It'll be slightly less convenient at the check out line, but you get used to it. We used it for everything from gas, to eating out, to food purchases and our date night money. Once the money is gone, it's gone and you better hope payday is the next day. What was always nice is when you get paid and look in the envelope and there is still money there.

Do you add to the left over money after payday or do you put it up and save it? I'm not sure I could go back to cash only.

Verizon can suck on deees nuts! That is all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back