What Loft Is Your Driver?

Currently at 8.5* and CG back on the FlyZ+. Tinkering with loft and CG placement on this driver is fun.

Surprising difference between 14 and 18 degrees of launch angle...It's also all about ball speed, 3-5 MPH makes a huge difference.
For my ball speed there is very little difference between 14 to 18 degrees of launch angle, so it depends. Also, launch angle changes affect spin rate, oftentimes considerably even with the same golfer, club and settings. So just changing launch angle on the simulator isn't simulating reality.

As you said though, ball speed is huge.

10.5 but tinkering with weights on M1 to adjust ball flight.

9.5 degrees. I was fit into that a few years back. I definitely don't have any issues get the ball up in the air.

For my ball speed there is very little difference between 14 to 18 degrees of launch angle, so it depends. Also, launch angle changes affect spin rate, oftentimes considerably even with the same golfer, club and settings. So just changing launch angle on the simulator isn't simulating reality.

As you said though, ball speed is huge.
I thought spin loft remains the same for different positive AOA's with the same club head speed

10.5*.....last fitting was in 2012 at the Callaway performance center....was fit into a 9.5 degree at that time....bought the Callaway XR at 10.5 and adjusted it to 9.5

I don't play a legit driver, but my SLDR Mini is 16*.

9.5 degree. Best work-a-bility...it's also a 440cc head. My launch angle is 17 degrees (I'd like to get it down to 13 degrees) TM tried to get me using the original at slider model at 12degree ... numbers looked good on the trackman but it was horrendous on the course.

Years ago I had a nice Tony Penna 8degree persimmon with an X-shaft(steel back then) that was ideal for a full-swing stinger type shot. I could never carry that very far!

Bob (Diveguy)

Back