THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I like discussing shots with my partner without going overboard. Also think it is helpful to have a second set of eyes to help read putts. At the end of the day though, still have to execute the shot is what it all comes down to. Looking forward to sign-ups.

I like talking with a partner about what kind of shot I am trying to play and where I want to leave it. Just like to have a second opinion before taking a swing. On the green, I like to get confirmation on the general break of a putt. Since the read is as much a function of the speed which you use, I just like to make sure the putt is going to go in the direction I think it will.

I've played with a lot of the Michiganders and I'm not shy when it comes to asking for advice. I'm sure other people have experienced more than I have and when I'm truly befuddled, I think we both benefit from me being honest.

On the flip side, I only give it when asked.

This event has been on my mind for so long it's hard to believe we're close to sign ups. What started as a thread about an idea that got out of hand at times is finally coming to fruition with the first sign ups on the horizon!

Can't wait for all the PGA show coverage though! Gotta see what I'm spending my money on and beating Michigan with this year haha

Here's a question for OH vs MI:

In a tournament format in which you have a teammate, how much shot input do you expect from them? Whether it be on the green, fairway, woods, or tee box? Would you prefer they kept their mouth shut or do you welcome some discussion on aiming points, places to leave /place the ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always welcome the discussion. Being a high handicapper, getting some advice from a better player never hurts.

Under 5 months to go, the event will be here before we know it. Cant wait to see teams take shape (even though the selections will be tough), its going to be fun!

Question for the captains.
How do you plan on deciding the pairings after teams are established? Do you have anything in mind? High handicapper with a low capper to get pops, highs together along with lows together? How much do you think the pairings will affect the performance?

Here's a question for OH vs MI:

In a tournament format in which you have a teammate, how much shot input do you expect from them? Whether it be on the green, fairway, woods, or tee box? Would you prefer they kept their mouth shut or do you welcome some discussion on aiming points, places to leave /place the ball?

I am open to discussion especially if my partner has played the course more than I. Things like lines off the tee or what section of the green to hit. To me that would be the extent of it. Club selection, shot selection, and swing thoughts are things that should be off limits unless asked.

How do you plan on deciding the pairings after teams are established? Do you have anything in mind? High handicapper with a low capper to get pops, highs together along with lows together? How much do you think the pairings will affect the performance?
That sounds like top secret info to me :)

Im not sure yet gotta see how team shakes out first

I like discussion especially if my playing partner knows the course better than I.

If I'm playing with the captain you bet I'm giving him wedge advice. If my partner notices something creep into my swing I hope they say something.

That is one of those things to make sure they know you welcome the advice. Otherwise I wouldn't say anything as some people get touchy about swing thoughts.

I feel like jumping up and down like a school girl and this is just the fact sign ups will be here soon

Just got in some swings in the garage, new grip still feels weird to me, but I have a few months to get it worked out.

Did some putting practice but dont think I will be full swinging for a few days. screwed my back a bit over the weekend. Hopefully all good by the weekend.

Definitely

Met my first Ohio THPer today.. Bullfrog .. Thanks for making the journey .. It was a pleasure to share a round with you guys.. .. Thanks for setting up the sim RBarthle17 ... Oakmont was fun..Here is to hoping we both make our Teams... Go Team Michigan... Bullfrog would be a great rep for Ohio . It would be a blast to compete against him at Boulder Creek.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be a fun round! I can't keep up with your distance off the tee. But I take the challenge. I need to quit turning over so much and Get my GIR's back in check. Once that happens I will be happy. Had a blast Simming with you guys. Can't wait to do it again. Heck next Sunday it's going to be nice enough to play as long as the rain stays away.

That is one of those things to make sure they know you welcome the advice. Otherwise I wouldn't say anything as some people get touchy about swing thoughts.

I've played with quite a few of the Ohio and Michigan guys most have a feel for my swing. If I know a certain flaw creeps in I will tell my partner to look for it and smack me

I however plan on my swing being solid in 4.5 months and fully ready to beat our opponents.

Sign ups are coming and then it will be decision time for the captains to fill the roster.

Alright...I'm back. Let's settle the trade rumors that exist. No I was not part of the Bourn deal to Atlanta. I had a option in my contract and took it to stay in Cleveland for this event!

Let's get this show on the road! #THPRegionalRivalry with TT is going to be awesome!

Curious about the process of sign ups. I have been on the scent of this event for quite awhile now & everyone seems to be excited about sign ups... Please shed some light on this for someone who has never played in an official event. Thanks

Curious about the process of sign ups. I have been on the scent of this event for quite awhile now & everyone seems to be excited about sign ups... Please shed some light on this for someone who has never played in an official event. Thanks
I think more will come out about this after the PGA Show, as that's where THPs attention is at.

In the past, it's been sign up during a certain day/time and a random selection.

Alright...I'm back. Let's settle the trade rumors that exist. No I was not part of the Bourn deal to Atlanta. I had a option in my contract and took it to stay in Cleveland for this event!

Let's get this show on the road! #THPRegionalRivalry with TT is going to be awesome!

there he is, welcome back to the OH

Back