Odyssey Putters Thread

I did notice they brought the saber tooth here. Still very intrigued by that model. The works saber tooth looks awesome. Anyone know if it's single or double bend on the shaft? Looking at you blu haha

ooohhhh. That new line is pretty. I like the v-line fang. So pretty.

I don't need a putter
I don't need a putter
I don't need a putter
I don't need a putter
I don't need a putter

Disappointed there are no milled options. Was hoping for something new in the 2-Ball or #7 style. Oh well.
Just one line of release early in the year. I'm sure a different line will be out later

I can tell. Perhaps since you game at 36" the difference is less noticeable. But again, as soon as I picked it up it felt light.

Rolled this one, and my other, at 34, 35, and 36 fwiw. But, I have played hundreds of putters from 330g to 400g+ with no issues. As I said, 95% will not notice if they are not told, its no different than shaft weights and things of that nature.

Threads will be going up on the new works putters here in a few FWIW.

For those hoping for milled options, the year isn't over.

Just one line of release early in the year. I'm sure a different line will be out later

I hope so. I've really been wanting to get into a #7 design as I think that would work well for me and I really want a milled 2-Ball Fang. That design is so stable and I just want a milled face over the Works RX. Pipe dreams!

I know you guys think they look cheap, and I get that, but the roll that the insert produces is addicting.

My phone is being dumb and I can't see pricing out anything but I'm pretty sure a #9 will end up in the stable at some point.

I know you guys think they look cheap, and I get that, but the roll that the insert produces is addicting.

My phone is being dumb and I can't see pricing out anything but I'm pretty sure a #9 will end up in the stable at some point.

159.99 according to website

I do like the looks of that #9. Usually prefer a darker finish, but that putter is still very nice.

I believe the saying is "only those on the Internet can feel the difference in 5grams"

I prefer heavy putters. I can absolutely tell the difference when I change weights out in my Cruiser 7.

I like the looks of this one, but the only thing holding me back is no #5 or 330M shape. Which probably a good thing right now! Lol

Rolled this one, and my other, at 34, 35, and 36 fwiw. But, I have played hundreds of putters from 330g to 400g+ with no issues. As I said, 95% will not notice if they are not told, its no different than shaft weights and things of that nature.

Threads will be going up on the new works putters here in a few FWIW.

For those hoping for milled options, the year isn't over.
I think it's quite a departure from the biggest message on THP for you or anyone to say "95% won't notice" so don't worry about it. People get told to go get fit all the time, and preference definitely plays a part in fitting (whether people admit it or not). Especially putters, which has to be just about the most personal club in the bag. I'm not saying that the lighter weight makes it a bad putter. The insert is fantastic. It just doesn't fit my preference/comfort level at that weight. With that said, I'm sure there are many that prefer this weight point.

I think it was just me and Rob haha. Pretty much everyone else in here has said they like the look. But I do love options!

Exponentially better in hand and I think my pics with a dark background compared to white will help with the looks for some too when they go up.

I prefer heavy putters. I can absolutely tell the difference when I change weights out in my Cruiser 7.

You are in the minority though, hell pretty much all of use here on THP are.

My entire point is, if I took my Vline Fang or #2 out to the course and handed it to someone rolling a 35g putter in comparison 95% will not notice any difference at all. We are talking about one single nickel.

There will be a thread coming for this discussion later though, for this week, all eyes need to be on the PGA Show IMO.

I think it was just me and Rob haha. Pretty much everyone else in here has said they like the look. But I do love options!
I'm sure you two aren't the only ones. Haha. a lot of readers out there in THP land

Exponentially better in hand and I think my pics with a dark background compared to white will help with the looks for some too when they go up.

You are in the minority though, hell pretty much all of use here on THP are.

My entire point is, if I took my Vline Fang or #2 out to the course and handed it to someone rolling a 35g putter in comparison 95% will not notice any difference at all. We are talking about one single nickel.

There will be a thread coming for this discussion later though, for this week, all eyes need to be on the PGA Show IMO.

I've been told I'm mental when it comes to golf.

Six4Three5 is buying a jailbird.

Meanwhile, I keep teasing a #7

two works Dan. Flow neck.

putters-2016-white-hot-rx-2____1.png

I think it's quite a departure from the biggest message on THP for you or anyone to say "95% won't notice" so don't worry about it. People get told to go get fit all the time, and preference definitely plays a part in fitting (whether people admit it or not). Especially putters, which has to be just about the most personal club in the bag. I'm not saying that the lighter weight makes it a bad putter. The insert is fantastic. It just doesn't fit my preference/comfort level at that weight. With that said, I'm sure there are many that prefer this weight point.

Kang, WE here ARE that 5%. My point is to the fact that the average consumer (95% of the market IMO) will NOT notice it. I don't believe I told anyone to not worry about it. Big picture conversation point, not finite picture.

Kang, WE here ARE that 5%. My point is to the fact that the average consumer (95% of the market IMO) will NOT notice it. I don't believe I told anyone to not worry about it. Big picture conversation point, not finite picture.
I definitely agree with first statement.

Nah, I'm all PN if I'm rolling bladed putters now (minus the m7).

I want a mallet that works for me. V-Line was fun, but not sold. Time to experiment more.
7! 777! Haha

On the weight thing, I moved between 10 and 20g weights on my gamer last night and it took me a minute to really realize the difference. It's there, but it's not mind blowing in my books.

5g is peanuts. I can us (the golfing lunatics) of the world picking up on it, but I don't think it's a deal break... Plus, there's always the lead tape route.

Back