Wilson Staff - 2016 PGA Show

oh my those FG Tour irons are sexy

518a84709d04ed85632a71c7bba6fa67.jpg

These look spectacular! I love the progression of the muscle back.

518a84709d04ed85632a71c7bba6fa67.jpg

These look spectacular! I love the progression of the muscle back.
Honest question, I don't want this to come across as condescending, did you know that these irons are on their third season?

Honest question, I don't want this to come across as condescending, did you know that these irons are on their third season?
No idea what so ever, until recently I had never given Wilson Staff an even half hearted glance.

No idea what so ever, until recently I had never given Wilson Staff an even half hearted glance.
And also to be fair. Not many places are stocking Wilson Staff, so the irons haven't had a lot of visibility. But those are stunning looking.

news to me as well

news to me as well
The intent of my question was not to point out what you haven't seen, but that W/S missed a great opportunity to market a remarkably beautiful iron.

The intent of my question was not to point out what you haven't seen, but that W/S missed a great opportunity to market a remarkably beautiful iron.

It wasn't so much the marketing, but the lack of availability in stores. It's something they are definitely working on.

To be honest I don't think Wilson was ready thru out their product line(s) to market the brand to reach their potential. I think with the complete line they have it is time to make some noise. Wilson Sports brought in a head of marketing last year. She appears to be cleaning up the company image in its many channels and categories of product.. I share your sense of lost opportunity but I think their patience will pay off this season.

Last edited:
They have been alot better on Instagram with their marketing but they definitely need a larger presence, I haven't hit their stuff but the reviews speak for themselves, quality products just not getting the exposure they deserve

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

No worries I knew exactly what you meant.

I could stay at this booth all day.

My W/S clubs are a hit with most strangers I play with. One of my instructors thought the v4s were better than his AP2s in every way.

W/S just needs to keep doing what they're doing AND get on way more shelves.

My W/S clubs are a hit with most strangers I play with. One of my instructors thought the v4s were better than his AP2s in every way.

W/S just needs to keep doing what they're doing AND get on way more shelves.
My two local golf pro shops are going to carry Wilson Staff this year. Both places are pretty excited because they liked to price point.

W/S have such a great booth. The C200 and those FGTour 100 irons are beautiful, i have hit them and they feel great. Are they not on their third cycle because they were to celebrate their 100 years?

W/S have such a great booth. The C200 and those FGTour 100 irons are beautiful, i have hit them and they feel great. Are they not on their third cycle because they were to celebrate their 100 years?

They really are. I've found myself staring at them in multiple occasions. Definitely two sets of clubs I could see making an appearance in my bag this year.

I'm wondering if today's the day a lucky THPer wins the C200's?

The gloves are awesome. One of the best feeling gloves I've felt in a long time, especially the cold weather ones. And I'm one who typically doesn't wear a glove.

I'll second your comment about the gloves. The Staff glove is great, good feel, comfortable, wears well. Been playing Titleist, F/J gloves mostly, now mostly Wilson when I can find them.

I'll second your comment about the gloves. The Staff glove is great, good feel, comfortable, wears well. Been playing Titleist, F/J gloves mostly, now mostly Wilson when I can find them.

hate to be repetitive, but can anyone compare the sizing of the fg tours to something like a players or sta sof? does it fit the same, bigger, smaller, etc.

They really are. I've found myself staring at them in multiple occasions. Definitely two sets of clubs I could see making an appearance in my bag this year.

Even after I bought the C200s with the crazy sale at RBG, I did, for 2 days have the FG Tour 100s in the cart, ready to go, with the discount. Thankfully, for my wallet, the coupon expired. Having said that, I also think the 100s will be in my iron rotation within the next few months.

Back