2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

I have never seen a ball react like that into the wind. The previous models cut right through the wind and I felt I had an advantage playing those models. I will be putting this ball in play right after the PGA show, so I am sure I'll get to see more wind performance.
Nice feedback, Freddie. That is an interesting note about how the ball handled the wind. The model this B series is replacing performed extremely well for in the wind and is one of the reasons it is mg gamer. Hopefully the series has not taken a step back in that regard

I have never seen a ball react like that into the wind. The previous models cut right through the wind and I felt I had an advantage playing those models. I will be putting this ball in play right after the PGA show, so I am sure I'll get to see more wind performance.

We both had some issues. I'd be curious how it played in warmer weather than what we had to deal with.

That is strange, i need all he height I can get though so this actually excites me to put them in play.

I know some people had some complaints with the 2014 E5s about ballooning shots.

We both had some issues. I'd be curious how it played in warmer weather than what we had to deal with.

That is strange, i need all he height I can get though so this actually excites me to put them in play.

I know some people had some complaints with the 2014 E5s about ballooning shots.
I seriously think it was a combination of cold and wind. The cold casue lack of compression and the spin into the breeze caused the loss of distance. I expect different results next time I play in the wind.

Some of the launch monitor numbers off this thing are really interesting. Barely 1-2 mph gain in ball speed but 6-12 yards farther. They really must have putt some research into aerodynamics. Can't wait to get a hold of these

So this is exciting! Looking forward to gaming some of the new RX's. "Self Repair" you say?
Amazing difference during abrasion tests.

Great early feedback. I'm excited to give the RX and RXS a try.

The durability is a plus I hadn't even thought about, that's nice!

0e0cfe36b447c5d1e7447e285853ec37.jpg

This popped up on Bridgestone's Twitter feed. Man that quarter zip is so sweet.

Definitely going to be checking these out in 2016.

A look at the boxes

i-qBDR3Wq-XL.jpg

i-7thZ3sk-XL.jpg

i-BL9MLF8-XL.jpg

i-pNBmWtF-XL.jpg

I like how the packaging is still familiar but clearly different from the prior model. There will be no confusion about which model we are buying this time around.

These have my attention! The old version of the RX-S and myself had good success together just couldn't justify the price. But if these are that much better I believe I can talk myself into it!

0e0cfe36b447c5d1e7447e285853ec37.jpg

This popped up on Bridgestone's Twitter feed. Man that quarter zip is so sweet.
I second that! The 1/4 zip is sick!

B330-RXS will be getting a try from me this year!

These are going head to head with the new Chrome Soft for my gamer ball this year. Cannot wait!

Got a chance to demo the B330RXS at the THP outing and came away impressed. First, like many have pointed out, it's the best cover I think I've ever played. I still have all three balls - one has played a round-and-a-half, another has 2 or 3 shots and the third is totally new. After cleaning you honestly cannot tell which is which other than the "new" one hasn't been marked with the Sharpie. The one that I played at Lake Jovita endured some serious thins and a couple trees - including one from a punch 3W that was about 20 ft in front of me. Not a scratch. I was also very pleased with performance off the driver - at least as long as the Pro V1 I game. My only question marks are a couple iron shots I really swore I flushed that came up about a club short. Since I was playing an unfamiliar course on a kinda crappy day I'm going to hold off on drawing conclusions until I can do a more fair comparison. I've been pretty much solid ProV1 since it's inception, Professional before that, going all the way back to the old Tour Balata's. I've flirted with a couple balls last year (Cally iZ and Chrome +) - both were very good but for me spun way too much off my irons so I ended up back with the V1. This new B330RXS didn't seem to do that. The ball just finished near it's pitch mark where I expected it to. Pitching and chipping were very predictable.

I haven't had a good opportunity to do more testing, but I'm hoping to get out some this weekend and do a more controlled comparison, but this ball is getting my serious consideration which says a lot because I'm very content with my current gamer.

I ordered a dozen of the new generation RX model yesterday....hope they arrive in time for weekend play

mmmmmmmm This sounds great. I really like the e6, past and current generations. If I felt my game warranted a top shelf ball I'd definitely be all over giving the 330 a go.

Maybe some day.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I need to give these a try!

Picked up a dozen yesterday, will be putting them in play Saturday

7f34d2924ae1d97ae3adc73af4b61092.jpg

I tried checking out a local dsg to pick some up and they didnt have them yet.

Back