Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

These could be a good fit for my dad, he tasked me with finding him new irons, I think he would start hybrids at the 9 iron if he could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Strong Metal 2.0

Turbo Rubber

I detect strong Japanese influence in the marketing spiel. Both of those sound like anime titles.

These are definitely different and a departure from regular Bridgestone offerings. Kudos for continuing to establish your place in the club market Bridgestone. Hope to see some of these at a THP event and give them a try.

JM

Is pw2 like a gw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
No, they have a GW in the set. They needed something to fill the huge gapping distance between the 38* PW & the 50* GW

Looks like a Cleveland 588RS or Smartsole... But those are wedges.

The clubs look like they take the space vacated by Cleveland Altitudes. That's probably a smart move.

Ok, so thats something I didn't expect to come from Bridgestone... They seem interesting, for sure. I hope I get to try them!

It's nice to see Bridgestone branching out burying it's cast set from last year for the higher handicappers. The turbo rubber is from last year as well, which I always get a chuckle out of.

Nice shaft options too.

Interesting... Pretty thick sole, but for the right person, it will be awesome. I like the way the "badging" all looks on the back. Nice to have a forged option in this type of club.

That's such an interesting design. It's obvious where the weight on the club is sitting, it's not distracting from a set up perspective, but gives you a thin top line (which I like) but a bit more confidence from the bottom.

The Bridgestone website shows that a 5i is available as well.

Interesting that they start at 6i. I dont mind the looks. Will be interesting to hear the review on these
The fact companies even put 5 irons, 4 irons and occasionally a 3 iron in game improvement irons silly in the first place.

The in hand looks fantastic!

I really don't know what to think about these after seeing them in person. I like the idea and I think I could get used to the look. These should certainly be long and get the ball in the air quick.

Very interesting for sure...I like that Bridgestone is going for feel and forgiveness/playability.

Oh man. This throws a huge wrench into my irons ponders. Just when I thought I had that figured out, these come out. Need to try these out

The fact companies even put 5 irons, 4 irons and occasionally a 3 iron in game improvement irons silly in the first place.
I agree on the 3i and maybe the 4i but still think the 5i would remain in most bags for people that buy a set like this. Just because you choose to play GI irons doesnt mean you cant hit irons decent.

As far as a SGI goes I think these are pretty cool. $750 with Recoils is a solid price point too.

I think these are going to be a hell of a SGI and for that price if marketed right should do good.

Looks like a solid iron, and I will say that sometimes SGI look cheap or walmarty because of all the extra stuff on them. To me these are a sleek looking "bigger" iron.

I really don't know what to think about these after seeing them in person. I like the idea and I think I could get used to the look. These should certainly be long and get the ball in the air quick.

This was also my thought after seeing them in person. If you liked the altitudes, you'll like these as well. These do have some offset though, unlike the altitudes.

I would imagine the mid/long irons with these are stupid long.

In a lot of the GI and sgi the 5i isn't that hard to hit and get in the air, the 4i is a debatable one. Some people can hit the 4i and prefer the look of the iron over the hybrid.

I agree on the 3i and maybe the 4i but still think the 5i would remain in most bags for people that buy a set like this. Just because you choose to play GI irons doesnt mean you cant hit irons decent.

At the same time, the 6i is 24* in this set, which is probably where most people playing GI/SGI irons will usually stop their irons. I'm glad they offer that 5i, though, since if these launch as high as they look like they'd go, that club would be a ton of fun. I do like that they are really highlighting the term "hybrid" on these - because that puts the specs in perspective. I'd NEVER try to hit a 20* iron at 40" in length, but my 588 3h might be my favorite club in the bag.

Reminds of the Altitude set. I think this option would benefit a lot of golfers.

Looks like a golf club with a mullet, but if the tech works and you can get an eye for the looks then swing away!

Back