The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought our memory foam mattress at Costco for $600. It feels exactly the same as the one we bought several years ago for $2200. We will never spend a lot on a mattress again.

My wife emailed me something about a Costco sale this weekend.. Might be time to bite the bullet

So, my old work car (2001) has been making increased exhaust noise for a couple of weeks - I was guessing exhaust manifold gasket. I took it to the shop I usually go to late yesterday, and this morning they call and say its a leak in the pipe between the manifold and the catalytic converter. OK, I think, could be lots worse. Then he tells me he cannot find the replacement pipe anywhere, that I have 2 options: 1) get the pipe and catalytic converter from the dealership; cost $1600. After I got off the floor he said 2) he could send it over to a nearby muffler shop and they could put a coupling in/over the bad spot; cost $300, but no warranty. Well, the Blue Book on the car is like $1400, so you can imagine which option I took. Actually I was expecting the repair to be in the $250 range, so that's not such a killer, I just wish it was a more certainly permanent repair.

Hoping for the best for your step-brother Blu.

Hope he gets better soon, blu.

people at the driving range who set up shop and commandeer an entire section. there's a practice chipping/pitching/sand green at the course by my office, and i've been going there on my lunch break. almost every time i go, there's an older gentleman, obviously retired, hitting 60y pitches over a bunker to the green. the angle he takes makes it impossible to utilize 50% of the green without running the risk of being hit, so anyone else who wants to practice is relegated to the remaining 50%, and we all have to crowd together to avoid taking one to the dome. it's so rude.

You should go tell him you're going to use that part of the green and that he should practice something else. Or let the people at the counter know and let them deal with it.

I'm tired of waiting. Ugh. I want my future to start asap.

We bought our memory foam mattress at Costco for $600. It feels exactly the same as the one we bought several years ago for $2200. We will never spend a lot on a mattress again.

I just bought my son a $140 foam mattress off amazon. It's the most comfortable mattress in our house. The days of spending $$$$$ for mattresses is over in the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to start shopping for a mattress. Not looking forward to the process and hate what a decent one costs these days

I hear people not like the Sleep Number bed, but we got one (not actually that brand, but another that is the same thing) in October 2012 and love it. Best bed we've ever had. My best friend and his wife have had their Sleep Number bed since 1999 and have had to replace one of the air mattresses about 5 years ago. The other one is still good.

http://wbay.com/2016/02/17/propane-tank-explosion-hurts-2/

One of the two injured in this explosion was my step-brother.

He has a 1 year old son. Apparently the injuries are not life threatening, but we don't know the full extent yet.

I am not a praying man so I won't ask for yours. Just please hug and kiss your families extra tight tonight.

Update: 2nd degree burns to his hands and face. 1st degree to his arms and legs.
Best wishes to your step brother, blu.

My wife emailed me something about a Costco sale this weekend.. Might be time to bite the bullet

was she lurking in this thread first then went looking?

I have to start shopping for a mattress. Not looking forward to the process and hate what a decent one costs these days
There's a thread on mattresses here at THP that had a lot of great info on all different kinds of mattresses. I thought I was pretty knowledgable about mattresses but I learned a lot in there (but only a couple days after buying a crappy mattress).

Blugold.. Many blessings to you and yours!

Working is over rated. "Sure, I'll stay up late tonight and do your job for you. No problemo....Oh at work at the normal time tomorrow? SURE. Sounds GREAT".

I used to like technology. I.T. is over rated.

Working is over rated. "Sure, I'll stay up late tonight and do your job for you. No problemo....Oh at work at the normal time tomorrow? SURE. Sounds GREAT".

I used to like technology. I.T. is over rated.

I've been doing IT for too long and couldn't even attempt to count the times that has happened.

At work, I expect people to follow directions precisely, which is why I get frustrated at myself when I fail to do so. Something so simple, but when you rush, it's something that's easy to forget. Dang it. Hopefully lesson learned.

Now that it's out of my hands, it's up to someone else to fix my mistake. Hate adding uncertainty to a situation.

I'm tired of waiting. Ugh. I want my future to start asap.

Patience, brother. I was there not too long ago. It took me 4 years of doing a job outside of my area of expertise for less money than I thought I should be making based on my education to finally start my career in the right area. I learned a lot and it was worth the wait.

Patience, brother. I was there not too long ago. It took me 4 years of doing a job outside of my area of expertise for less money than I thought I should be making based on my education to finally start my career in the right area. I learned a lot and it was worth the wait.
I hear ya. It's just like the dangling carrot in front of my face. I was to take it but each time I do, it gets farther and farther away. Just gotta keep on keepin on.

I have zero rants today.......life is great :)

Not one rant for today, minus it needs to be 5am Friday morning already. #RTJOnTheMind

Heck no, its 65 degrees and I am leaving work at noon to play golf, ZERO rants :)

It's early fellas ... give it some more time. :wink:

Sent my watch in for maintenance and tune up and turn around time is three months?

Wtf

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Who the heck steals flag sticks?
94d1787784c62f6e2c554a30c123be89.jpg

cfeb7f1b28b140c6ca5c60eac6ed6c20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back