Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

With a few range sessions under my belt, I'm really liking how the Heavenwood performs. I love the launch and flight of the ball with this club. I have only managed to get out a few evenings as it still gets dark quickly, so its hard to gauge the distance between by 3H, 4H and Hwood. It might even be the case where I ditch my 3w instead.

Question: Is the V-Series 3W as easy to hit as the Hwood? If it is, I might swap out the X2 Hot 3w and sacrifice my X2 Hot 3H.

I bit more time needed find my yardage with all 3 clubs a to see which club bits the bullet!!!

Last edited:
This club is constantly my favorite club in the bag....I really look forward to the yardages that call for it...just crazy easy to hit.

With a few range sessions under my belt, I'm really liking how the Heavenwood performs. I love the launch and flight of the ball with this club. I have only managed to get out a few evenings as it still gets dark quickly, so its are to gauge the distance between by 3H, 4H and Hwood. It might even be the case where I ditch my 3w instead.

Question: Is the V-Series 3W as easy to hit as the Hwood? If it is, I might swap out the X2 Hot 3w and sacrifice my X2 Hot 3H.
I bit more time needed find my yardage with all 3 clubs a to see which club bits the bullet!!!

I was debating a 3 wood as well and had the same question as you on ease of hitting the 3 wood. I love the loft of the Heavenwood! I'm dropping the XR 4hybrid to make room for the Heavenwood.

Played my first 18 holes yesterday with my Heavenwood and used it several times. I LOVE THIS CLUB! My best shot was on a par 5. My second shot was 200 yards and when I hit it, one of my playing partners beside me said"oh my". The height I get with this club to hit greens at that distance is something I've never been able to do before.
Now I need to know if the 3 wood can do the same?

I was 15 feet from the hole on that second shot and 3 putted by the way.
:banghead:

Last edited:
I played Friday and hit several great shots with mine, I actually had one birdie using it on a long fairway shot up hill playing about 185. That is long for me. I let one of my friends hit it a few times and he is now planning to put one in his bag.

I played Friday and hit several great shots with mine, I actually had one birdie using it on a long fairway shot up hill playing about 185. That is long for me. I let one of my friends hit it a few times and he is now planning to put one in his bag.
Its a beautiful club!!! Straight up performer.

This club keeps creeping back in my ponder list. Considered replacing my x2hot 3h with a heavenwood. Nice to see continued feedback on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This club really performs for me. As much as my bag changes this is certainly a constant for me

I cannot wait for winter to break, and start the golfing season.
That way I will get to play this club again!

Ah man with the CPO deals I'm tempted to get this club. Everything I've read says it's just fun to hit, but I love my G5 5w

Do it. You won't be disappointed. This is my go-to club whenever I need a ball in the fairway off the tee.

found a heavenwood in the used rack so picked it up with a ust shaft. much better feeling than the stock shaft. interesting club....230yd sky high bombs lol. curious to see how it fits in the bag. probly replace my 2 hybrid.

Ah man with the CPO deals I'm tempted to get this club. Everything I've read says it's just fun to hit, but I love my G5 5w

I grabbed one in December but haven't had a chance to hit it outside yet. Looking forward to it!

I have 3 rounds with mine and LOVE it!

I need to find one of these to hit somewhere. Only 1 LH on CPO right now, but it's a pretty good price, but I want to make sure it works for my game first.

I cannot wait for winter to break, and start the golfing season.
That way I will get to play this club again!

Hey CJ what distance are you seeing with the heavenwood vs your 4h? I picked up the XR 4h & 5h & they are long & super easy to hit! I just wonder if there will be a big gap (or maybe a small one) between the HW & the 4h

Hey CJ what distance are you seeing with the heavenwood vs your 4h? I picked up the XR 4h & 5h & they are long & super easy to hit! I just wonder if there will be a big gap (or maybe a small one) between the HW & the 4h

Being a short hitter, my Heavenwood I use as my 190 club, my 4H is my 180.
My fitters and I thoughts were this would also give me options at the top end of the bag depending on lie. Heavenwood from tighter lies and those in the rough where I can get to the ball, and my Hybrid for those shots that are deeper in the grass.

I found the Heavenwood had the ability to go down and pop those shots out of deeper grass as well as the season went on, I found myself using my hybrid less and less. The Heavenwood is that good!

I hope that helps.

Being a short hitter, my Heavenwood I use as my 190 club, my 4H is my 180.
My fitters and I thoughts were this would also give me options at the top end of the bag depending on lie. Heavenwood from tighter lies and those in the rough where I can get to the ball, and my Hybrid for those shots that are deeper in the grass.

I found the Heavenwood had the ability to go down and pop those shots out of deeper grass as well as the season went on, I found myself using my hybrid less and less. The Heavenwood is that good!

I hope that helps.

It does! I'm probably there with you distance-wise. It will be fun to dial in the distances for each club & learn what works best for me!

Hit this last night at Golfsmith. I'm thinking about replacing my 3 wood with it. I hit it about the same distance ....maybe 10-15yds shorter. Had no issues getting it up off the mat though so it's worth the loss. I had wide dispersion but that was probably the shaft. Miss hits still gave good distance I actually topped one 170 yards( suspect) but I'm going to get one.

Searching for a Heavenwood like no other. Looked last night on CPO.

Watching and listening to a vast number of THPers rave about this one a want.

I see 19 (I assume you need stiff shaft?) on eBay right now

I grabbed one for $100 on ebay a few months back. Best club purchase I've made in a longgg time.

I grabbed one for $100 on ebay a few months back. Best club purchase I've made in a longgg time.

I got one earlier this week and hit it for the first time today.

Why on EARTH did I wait so long to get one? Holy cow talk about line drive bullets dead straight. Even my bad hits were just slight fades. So, so easy to launch. I can't believe I waited so long.

I got one earlier this week and hit it for the first time today.

Why on EARTH did I wait so long to get one? Holy cow talk about line drive bullets dead straight. Even my bad hits were just slight fades. So, so easy to launch. I can't believe I waited so long.

Glad the maiden voyage went well!

Back