Scotty Cameron putters

Outside of the golfball. It's the most used piece of equipment in the bag. Just saying :)

I'm with you here. I'm in the minority, but I look at price as what an OEM can command & not to dissuade me from buying if I like the design/offering.

We all have our budgets and perceived value thresholds for equipment, but the putter is used the most so a solid investment makes sense IMO

Seems like 4-5 Hundo isn't an issue for a driver. But when it comes to a putter all bets are off. But in several threads we read how personal a putter is to many people. Just trying to understand the logic is really where I'm coming from.

Okay. So if a driver is 300 dollars, then travels to 350, then travels to 410 within 5-10 years, are you still cool with it or do you think twice? I don't really see the value in pricing out drivers by comparison to putters, because where does it stop? Should every iron cost 410 dollars as well? They are two different entities.

People will pay for these putters, I have no doubt, I'm just paying attention to the constant increases and am not terribly happy about it as a guy who enjoys buying OTR putters. I'll be waiting for the used market, undoubtedly.

I am more interested in fully custom putters for $400. How did I miss this?

I'm with you here. I'm in the minority, but I look at price as what an OEM can command & not to dissuade me from buying if I like the design/offering.

We all have our budgets and perceived value thresholds for equipment, but the putter is used the most so a solid investment makes sense IMO

I guess it depends on how you define a 'solid investment' and that is the right of every golfer to dictate for themselves.

That I can buy a Studio Style in great shape for 150 dollars that actually has better steel in the insert is where this falls flat for me. It's not like the tech (beyond their vibration dampeners that I haven't tried yet vs elastomer) has improved, so why does the price increase?

It's all about the material and the execution for me. GSS, I'm probably nodding at 410 and saying it was bound to happen. standard 303 and aluminum? Meh.

I am more interested in fully custom putters for $400. How did I miss this?

It is doable with some of the companies. Particularly when, like with these, you avoid the exotic materials and such.

I guess it depends on how you define a 'solid investment' and that is the right of every golfer to dictate for themselves.

That I can buy a Studio Style in great shape for 150 dollars that actually has better steel in the insert is where this falls flat for me. It's not like the tech (beyond their vibration dampeners that I haven't tried yet vs elastomer) has improved, so why does the price increase?

It's all about the material and the execution for me. GSS, I'm probably nodding at 410 and saying it was bound to happen. standard 303 and aluminum? Meh.

I'm one who never uses the word investment and putter in the same sentence. #LessonsLearnedtheHardWay

As much as i like Scotty's... they lose me at about $350.. unless it's something awesome, not a standard model. I've seen so many other options out there that are incredible for the same price...

I get it & understand your position. I'm just saying the initial price point has to factor in the Scotty name and the loyal buyers similar to other OEM offerings.

Materials used and all that makes sense when breaking down construction and question how can he charge so much, but my guess is the buyers Titleist are targeting are the loyalists and those that have the disposable income to not blink at the price. I'm not saying I'm in either of those buckets & will surely wait to see if the price comes down or grab one on the aftermarket, but can understand why the price point is what it is at the onset.

Seems like 4-5 Hundo isn't an issue for a driver. But when it comes to a putter all bets are off. But in several threads we read how personal a putter is to many people. Just trying to understand the logic is really where I'm coming from.
Here's the difference to me. The 400-500 hundred driver at least offers the possibility of new technologies which may help me keep it in the fairway more often or eek out a few extra yards. It may be marketing BS but - to stretch an analogy - at least they are buying me a beer first.

Here, there's nothing really telling us we're going to make extra putts (maybe extra MOI). It is mostly looks (raised cross on one model, et. al.) and feel with the dampening insert (Hey, thanks for the idea Cleveland and others). Now more power to anyone that wants to pay the ultra premium price to have a putter that looks and feels superb to them. Sincerely.

But coming back to Dan and other's point - you can spend less than that to get a custom built Scotty, which presumably will help you make more putt because it is fit exactly to your specs. It is a very weird - dare I say lazy - business model, IMHO.

heh... custom built "putter" certainly (at least a couple builders)... Custom built Scotty? You had better know the right people and have many thousands already invested!!!!

Okay. So if a driver is 300 dollars, then travels to 350, then travels to 410 within 5-10 years, are you still cool with it or do you think twice? I don't really see the value in pricing out drivers by comparison to putters, because where does it stop? Should every iron cost 410 dollars as well? They are two different entities.

People will pay for these putters, I have no doubt, I'm just paying attention to the constant increases and am not terribly happy about it as a guy who enjoys buying OTR putters. I'll be waiting for the used market, undoubtedly.

I'm not arguing the fact that the "Scotty" market is upper end of the price point scale.

The point about drivers being 4-5 hundred is as simple. It's all about the dollar. It's one club that is bringing in that much coin.

Getting back to your drivers distance gains reference. Most don't make that personal connection to a driver, but many of us continue to lay down the almighty dollar for them. Which in my mind further makes spending on an OTR putter is justified. But that's just me.

I'm not arguing the fact that the "Scotty" market is upper end of the price point scale.

The point about drivers being 4-5 hundred is as simple. It's all about the dollar. It's one club that is bringing in that much coin.

Getting back to your drivers distance gains reference. Most don't make that personal connection to a driver, but many of us continue to lay down the almighty dollar for them. Which in my mind further makes spending on an OTR putter is justified. But that's just me.

Hey, you don't have to tell me about throwing money at a gamer putter... Mine is about 850 brand new on resale right now.

The point is, price increases need to be justified, and I don't think Scotty did enough to justify the jump in price beyond the fact that it says "Scotty Cameron" on the bumpers. He's got older OTR models with better materials probably performing the exact same way.

Improve the tech, raise the price all day long. Absolutely.

Why does it need to be justified? Seems that mentality has worked a couple of OEMs.

Why does it need to be justified? Seems that mentality has worked a couple of OEMs.

If you can't justify a price increase, it's just a price increase because you can. That seems lame to me.

This is 100% personal opinion. I'm fine with that. Scotty has loads of followers who will pay whatever whenever and it's clear he knows that.

The M2 could be a great shape, but I haven't seen any pictures from address. It looks very similar to the squareback shape.

If you can't justify a price increase, it's just a price increase because you can. That seems lame to me.

This is 100% personal opinion. I'm fine with that. Scotty has loads of followers who will pay whatever whenever and it's clear he knows that.

The first place you can look for a price increase is labor costs. Granted its probably not enough to justify a large increase.

And yes the following of Scotty's putters certainly keeps his pricing at a premium. Whether it's justifiable or not.

Oh, and $850 for a putter it out of my paygrade too.

The M2 could be a great shape, but I haven't seen any pictures from address. It looks very similar to the squareback shape.
These images help?

e7a8f47420f07c6aa604d86f21b1719d.jpg

1574e82106d5f79ebec2cd07397ca798.jpg

These images help?

Very much! Love the #1W shape, I'll definitely be looking to pick one up...in a few seasons when the price comes down.

The M2 does look exactly like a Squareback. I wonder how they are different.

The M2 does look exactly like a Squareback. I wonder how they are different.

If I had to guess, it's basically just a name change since they have an insert now. The M1 is taking the place of the roundback.

This makes me want a Scotty. This one? Maybe. But I want one again. I miss my Studio Select Newport 2

I think this is definitely one of the best looking releases they have had in quite some time, I'm particularly interested in the notchback. The price is an immediate turn off. I'm also interested in how these hold their value in 2-3 years. I'm a big fan of Scotty Cameron putters but that's steep for a putter with no customization.

They're so pretty! I might have to add an M1 to the collection.

will definitely be heading in to roll these at the local Golfsmith ASAP. The 2.5, notchback, and M2 are just beautiful shapes to me.

Back