What golf equipment are you buying with your tax returns

None.... After the wedges I just bought from MikeG, I told my wife I will stop buying stuff... I can already tell, this isn't going to be easy.

No equipment for me. Paying off the rest of my dues for the year for my membership.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Exactly the same for me.

We owed $3000 last year because of my wife's therapy private practice. Previously we'd get back $3000-$6000 and I'd buy a new driver and the rest would go to new furniture or trips.

Since last year I've taken part in a Cundina which is kind of a Mexican savings plan. Thirty of us pay $100 twice a month to our supervisor and starting on the first payment twice a month participants get $3000 each. My payment is March 15 and I was thinking some PXG irons for myself but the missus is desperate for a new mattress so we'll see what I have left over for golf. My second choice was the new Callaway Apex Pro. Or maybe find one more back up set of 2013 X-Forged irons so I have three total.

DEFINITELY will pick up a HZRDUS Red if they're available.

I could buy a freaking truckload of golf equipment with as much as we owe this year. I don't get it. We pay so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is a smart lady, why let the government sit on YOUR money all year and not pay you interest

I always enjoy these kinds of threads every year. I like to look at them in various forums and see how many posts it takes before somebody gives this advice. 28 on this one, which is a high number in my experience. It was also done in a very civil and respectful way, which is not always the case.

Gun forums are the worst. It's always somebody within the first five posts, and they're almost always complete jerks about it. They have to tell you how dumb you are for giving the government an "interest free loan", and talk about how mad they are if they end up getting even $1 back.

I like the THP vibe much better.

Tax return. What is that?

bag is set for this year so my refund will go into the vacation fund.

With some 1120s filings and the typical impact of the AMT, as usual, I am not anticipating a refund. However, if one does magically occur, since the wife and I file jointly, the purchase of golf equipment would not be considered a joint purchase with the joint proceeds.

I'm using part of mine to pay for a trip down to Jupiter/West Palm to golf and see the Honda Classic! I also picked up a few odds and ends I've been looking at, but nothing major.

Well, I am looking to pull the trigger on some Apex CF16's in the spring... Depending how my return looks, I may bump that up a little bit.

I wish I was going to get a return. I think I will owe the feds a set of irons and the state a driver.

Refund? Haven't seen one of those in 20 years.

Apparently, I'll be paying for another golf vacation for Obama. No tax refund for me. Instead, a large tax bill is coming. :crying:

Right there with you and what it seems like his whole administration.

I wish I was going to get a return. I think I will owe the feds a set of irons and the state a driver.

Gotta love no state Tax in Florida:bananadance:

Tax returns....?:laughing:

My GBB I bought last August.. aka my credit card payoff.

PXG irons!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As sad as I am to say it, none. Tax returns will go towards paying my car off and for some other needed things this year.

Mine will be going towards J15 DF's with Steelfibers!

No new clubs at this time. Tax return will be put towards paying off credit card and going towards saving for a house.

Last edited:
Back