Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang - THP Review

Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang - THP Review

This will be mine

Will be looking to give this one a roll!

Polymer and not urethane?! Whoa.

Some good stuff in the review on that point, its crazy the tech and work they went into in cooperation with their Golf Ball department to create this insert.

Not 100% sold on the colour scheme of this, but that is a personal thing to me with my colour-blindness issue and the type of putter I like to look at against the green background

Having said that, I would be interested to see side-by-side pictures with a #7 to compare the size of them both

Not 100% sold on the colour scheme of this, but that is a personal thing to me with my colour-blindness issue and the type of putter I like to look at against the green background

Having said that, I would be interested to see side-by-side pictures with a #7 to compare the size of them both

Here you go:

Whote-Hot_Rx-Lifestyle-022.jpg

What is the "eye fit" on the sole mean?

That's for the eye fit mirrors in the store. You stand over the ball and depending which line your eyes are over, you should fit the putters with that marking best. Pretty much a proxy for toe hang.

I think 1 is right over the ball, so it's face balanced.

They've been doing/using that for some time, ‎Face Balanced - 1 Dash, Slight Toe Hang - 2 Dash, ‎Moderate Toe Hang - 3 Dash, Advanced Toe Hang - 4 Dash

This looks like such a good design for the Fang, compared to other Fang designs. The face/insert is interesting.

Love the looks of this line. Can't wait to see the #1 and roll it.

Here you go:

Whote-Hot_Rx-Lifestyle-022.jpg

Thanks James, I will have to look later when I get home as work has blocked the picture :banghead: (just didn't want you to think I was ignoring your post)

Pics are fantastic, Jman!

And I really really am looking forward to trying this line and seeing the V-Line Fang in person. I love the mid-mallet size.

All about sales dude. Cannot fault them at all, CS just don't sell as well.

I understand the business side, and don't blame them, but it certainly makes it hard to stay as brand loyal as I feel about the rest of the bag contents.

I pondered another Fang from the Eastern market. Love the look. No C/S stinks.

Jman, any idea why they went with a lighter head weight than what has been seen in other releases (345g vs. 350g)?

Not sure about others but I prefer heavy over light.

Have you noticed any significant difference? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like those made it to the states. Excited to try the V line Fang with that new insert

You've definitely peaked my interest, James. I'm really interested in seeing/rolling the Fang and the 2-Ball. I gamed White Hots through two generations of putters before going to the counter balanced TaylorMade's and am now back on a Metal-X 2-Ball. Feel of the Metal-X is not the same as the White Hot insert, so I'd like to feel the difference of the new inserts.

You were right, your pictures do make it look better

Jman, any idea why they went with a lighter head weight than what has been seen in other releases (345g vs. 350g)?

Not sure about others but I prefer heavy over light.

Have you noticed any significant difference? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, but IMO the 5g is negligible and will be for 95% of golfers, think about a nickel, that is the weight we are talking about.

Nope, but IMO the 5g is negligible and will be for 95% of golfers, think about a nickel, that is the weight we are talking about.

Nothing a little lead tape can't fix, Wardy style anyway.

I hope I fit in the 95% profile!!!!

Nothing a little lead tape can't fix, Wardy style anyway.

If we were talking 15-20g, I could understand it. But 5g, if someone had never read that, would be incredibly hard for the VAST majority to ever notice.

I hope I fit in the 95% profile!!!!

One way to find out.

I'll also add, because it was brought up in the other thread, as it pertains to grips and grip weight effecting the "feel/weight" of the head when moving to a SS from the stock grip. The stock grip is 59g, a SS 2.0 is 50g and a SS 3.0 is 60g.

If we were talking 15-20g, I could understand it. But 5g, if someone had never read that, would be incredibly hard for the VAST majority to ever notice.

100% agreed - I wouldn't be surprised if 5g was within the manufacturing variance as well. 330 to 350 is a big difference for me (330 is no bueno), but I can't imagine that if you didn't tell me it was 345 and said it was 350, I'd be none the wiser. But it's still an easy fix if that was the case :act-up:

Back