PXG 0311t irons - unofficial review

They look good, nice side by side comparison

were you able to negotiate free shipping.... Kidding

Another comparison with mp5
ddb904ac9c7a466fd1cb4d925d4a308b.jpg
0a6c4b019eadff6a1ef77ea264f96820.jpg
36385befcde76495d4b5503f7f577ef3.jpg
6c4d5575f9d7da0c2e9be06bd4428124.jpg

I play the i25's and S55's. Looking at the top line view of these makes me feel like I'm just playing my pings. I'd love to game these.

I love the looks of that old Ping font! :)

Thanks for letting me take a few swings with these brotha. Really impressed and look so much better than the other model.

I play the i25's and S55's. Looking at the top line view of these makes me feel like I'm just playing my pings. I'd love to game these.
I love the looks of that old Ping font! :)
I thought the same thing while looking at the sole and font. You can really tell the influence of former Ping designers with these.

Beautiful irons.

kc, so you dumbed these?
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...rons-Preview&p=4338789&viewfull=1#post4338789

How about the good, bad and ugly on them?
I'd did indeed get rid of them.

Good:

Good profile and great finish. Very durable and the beveled top line makes it look thinner than it actually is, so much more playable than initial look at address. Plays like a players cavity. Slight forgiveness toward the toe

Bad:
Could be the build, but it was too light. With 95g shafts which was lighter than my normal gamer specs. Heel side is definitely more punishing as you'd expect. The feel on center strikes is not as soft as I'd expect from a forged iron. Was hitting a very high ball in mid to scoring irons but not as high on long irons. Again that could be the build

The more I see of these irons the more I like them. They're so sweet looking. I should have NEVER told the missus I was getting $3000 in March. I'll be lucky to afford a set of Apex Pros when she's done with me.

I only hit these for a little bit on the range in Vegas and I enjoyed them a lot. They weren't as intimidating as you would think out of what looks to be a blade design. In comparison they were longer than my J15 Dfs and the Apex cf16 I tried but that could have been the shaft. They compared most to the J15CB I was hitting and still overall the J15 CB were a little more consistent for me. They are a very very solid offering and way less "player" than I thought they would be.

My goodness, good black finish on irons is my weakness. But I'll be dammed if I pay 450 per iron lol

My goodness, good black finish on irons is my weakness. But I'll be dammed if I pay 450 per iron lol

Get out of my head.

At this point, I just want to hit the PXG stuff to satisfy my curiosity. But it would be hard for me to buy them unless the performance blew me away.

Get out of my head.

At this point, I just want to hit the PXG stuff to satisfy my curiosity. But it would be hard for me to buy them unless the performance blew me away.
The 0311t are pretty solid heads. On the bigger side of forged player irons but the slanted/beveled top line makes the profile look smaller. At even 350 per iron there are vastly cheaper options that perform similar IMO

Love hearing thoughts about these. Does anyone know where these are available to hit? My club and Golf Galaxy don't carry them, and there's no Golfsmith nearby

Love hearing thoughts about these. Does anyone know where these are available to hit? My club and Golf Galaxy don't carry them, and there's no Golfsmith nearby

I don't think these will end up in a chain store. It will most likely be smaller fitters. According to the one fitter I know around here, the fitting process for these is very intensive, much more than length, loft, lie, shaft. I can't see the chains wanting to put that much effort into a single sale. I would check with your local indie fitter.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Can't wait to see these in person if I ever get the chance

I think Kang said everything I needed to hear. Similar results for far less money, sounds correct to me!! They are pretty though!!

I heard they will be in limited shops. They also don't have local reps and the fittings are done by the group in Phoenix and from what I was told they will travel to some demo days where they have accounts

Back