Titleist Vokey SM6 Wedges Review Thread

CBaker

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Will THP be getting these in for review? I know I've seen that THP will be getting the new 2016 Titleist iron sets in, but I've seen some tour pictures of the new SM6 wedges that went in play this week with some potentially interesting changes, and haven't seen any threads pop up discussing them.

Edit: Added some photos from the Titleist site, although they certainly won't compare to anything THP brings in an official review.

Looks to be three finishes for now.

sm6-hero-image.jpg

New face
tx4-groove-image.png

Lower CG in lower lofted wedges:

sm6-wedges-cg-angle-01.png

Mid CG (looks to be typical wedge design) in mid lofted ~54-56*

sm6-wedges-cg-angle-02.png

High CG on the higher lofted wedges:

sm6-wedges-cg-angle-03.png

Last edited:
I'll be interested in hearing about these too!

I saw a picture of these - they look freaking sweet!

They do look nice. I am interested in seeing their reasoning behind the extra mass in different positions of the heads.

Looking forward to these. They might knock the Mack Daddy's out of the bag.

Will THP be getting these in for review? I know I've seen that THP will be getting the new 2016 Titleist iron sets in, but I've seen some tour pictures of the new SM6 wedges that went in play this week with some potentially interesting changes, and haven't seen any threads pop up discussing them.
We always get the vokeys in for review so I'd venture this year will be the same, when though, I have no idea.

So I guess they must be released or close. The website has been updated

So I guess they must be released or close. The website has been updated

I saw from some email promos that the SM5 has now had a price drop. Since the Vokey website now says coming soon it must not be too far away.

I saw from some email promos that the SM5 has now had a price drop. Since the Vokey website now says coming soon it must not be too far away.

Sm5's are now $109.99 at most retail stores. But I'm holding out for the SM6. Really anticipating these.

Sm5's are now $109.99 at most retail stores. But I'm holding out for the SM6. Really anticipating these.

They look slick.

Buddy's shop has these less than 89 to clear them out. Deals to be had. But I'm looking at sm6 too...

Any idea on release date for these? I have a feeling one might end up in the bag.

Edit: looks like March 11th? should have googled first.

I really hope they're a big improvement over the SM5s. The SM5s were always clacky to my (I played them for about 9 months). I ended up switching to MD3s (which will be in this week) because the MD3s felt a lot softer and hit the baller higher for me. I never loved the SM5s the way I thought I would so I'm hoping the new ones will be much better.

They do look nice. I am interested in seeing their reasoning behind the extra mass in different positions of the heads.

CG placement. Looks to be a very cool idea.

I really hope they're a big improvement over the SM5s. The SM5s were always clacky to my (I played them for about 9 months). I ended up switching to MD3s (which will be in this week) because the MD3s felt a lot softer and hit the baller higher for me. I never loved the SM5s the way I thought I would so I'm hoping the new ones will be much better.

Interesting. I love the SM5's and becoming so comfortable with them is the only thing delaying me getting something else. Never found them clicky or anything at all

Interesting. I love the SM5's and becoming so comfortable with them is the only thing delaying me getting something else. Never found them clicky or anything at all

I have been playing the J40s for a while but just decided it was time to put something new in the bag plus with my irons I needed a little different gapping. Picked up some SM5s from MikeG and added a brand new 50* SM5 to match. I have only hit them in my backyard net but these are the best feeling Vokeys I have tried yet. I was hesitant because older models did feel click to me, but these don't. I am sure the SM6s will be nice, too, but it is obvious in Equipment Land now that previous generation clubs are not MILES behind new offerings in MOST cases. SM5s at 109.99... c'mon now!!!!!!!!

I have been playing the J40s for a while but just decided it was time to put something new in the bag plus with my irons I needed a little different gapping. Picked up some SM5s from MikeG and added a brand new 50* SM5 to match. I have only hit them in my backyard net but these are the best feeling Vokeys I have tried yet. I was hesitant because older models did feel click to me, but these don't. I am sure the SM6s will be nice, too, but it is obvious in Equipment Land now that previous generation clubs are not MILES behind new offerings in MOST cases. SM5s at 109.99... c'mon now!!!!!!!!
By buddy is clearancing them out at about $89 right now...

Good grief this new black with red accents looks insanely good.

wedge-selection-image.jpg

Thinking......50F, 54S, and 58K.......all in black of course!

Sure does... I used to dislike the idea of anything other than chrome/satin finish, but after owning my Wilson FG Tour wedges in blue it's not a big deal. Gives the wedge some character. This combo looks like fun...

Sure does... I used to dislike the idea of anything other than chrome/satin finish, but after owning my Wilson FG Tour wedges in blue it's not a big deal. Gives the wedge some character. This combo looks like fun...

I have the blue Sm5 in 54 and 58. If they bring the Sm6 out in blue at all for 50*, I'm buying that immediately if I can.

I'm really glad to see "classic" wedges evolving. I'm not sure who started the trend, but I know you can kind of lump Callaway blades, Hogan Ft Worths, Mizuno MP5s, and now these into the category of "move CG around progressively in a muscle-backed design", presumably to make them easier to hit, more consistent, whatever. I don't fully understand the science, but presumably it works since multiple manufacturers are doing it.

Love the look of that. I never upgraded to SM5s, and stuck with SM4s that are now definitely worn down after 2 years and need to be upgraded. These have my name all over them. Likely 54 and 60.

Vokeys are great wedges and seeing the tech built into these is great. I love the finish options and no doubt these will play well for a lot of players.

Back