'Fit for Perfection' NIKE '16 Spring/Summer apparel & footwear

Hey Freddie, just caught up in the thread, great job on it!... being a tech nerd though, did they mention anything about putting smart technology into their clothing? I know some athletic companies (athos comes to mind) are starting to put smart tech in clothes to help you learn how you work out and where you are using your muscles the most... would be interesting to see a golf company put that in the clothes to see just how you're swing is shaping out on the real world and not in simulations.

Hey Freddie, just caught up in the thread, great job on it!... being a tech nerd though, did they mention anything about putting smart technology into their clothing? I know some athletic companies (athos comes to mind) are starting to put smart tech in clothes to help you learn how you work out and where you are using your muscles the most... would be interesting to see a golf company put that in the clothes to see just how you're swing is shaping out on the real world and not in simulations.

They did not. But it seems they are borrowing technology from their other sport lines and using them in golf.

Awesome thanks! Might have to rock one of the collarless shirts at club clash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20f33f0aa89c02606c806f5352a88f15.jpg
Among the ugliest golf shoes I've seen. Are we golfing or going to a Dead concert?

I'm not sure I'd actually wear it but I like this a lot. It reminds me of something you would see bad ass 1950s Arnold Palmer wearing.

Btw, great job bringing the coverage Freddie. Well done.

We just chatted about that and it's a departure for sure. But you'd wear the rights under your rain pants. I know I would and I might try the shorts.

I've been wearing compression tights under my ski pants for decades and also wear them cycling in the winter. I only play a round with rain pants once every few years but compression tights under my Dry Joy pants are definitely the way to go when the weather calls for it.

There is a fatigue/recovery difference for me with high quality compression tights on a long day of skiing or cycling but I'm not convinced golf is strenuous enough to have a need for compression clothing other than fashion.

I'm thinking the PGA Tour wouldn't allow them but I'm sure most courses for us mortals would.

Last edited:
I like it - and I'd love it without the pockets!

Yeah, I agree, I like the look but the pockets make it look sloppy, to me!

You did (and are continuing to do) a great job on the coverage. Thanks for bringing us the info.

Golf is more of an athletic sport than it ever has historically been, and I can understand the increased role of fashion in the media era we now live in. Really no different in my opinion than what tennis has been seeing for years now. These aren't my cup of tea, but no reason that they have to be.

You did (and are continuing to do) a great job on the coverage. Thanks for bringing us the info.

Golf is more of an athletic sport than it ever has historically been, and I can understand the increased role of fashion in the media era we now live in. Really no different in my opinion than what tennis has been seeing for years now. These aren't my cup of tea, but no reason that they have to be.

I think you could rock those leggings and shoes like a boss!!

I think you could rock those leggings and shoes like a boss!!

I'll take "Things NO ONE Wants To See" for $500 Alex.

Some guys are Mike and Panda cool, and the rest of us just revel in their awesomeness.

I'll take "Things NO ONE Wants To See" for $500 Alex.

Some guys are Mike and Panda cool, and the rest of us just revel in their awesomeness.

Nah you got this. We need to make it to an event and we can be twins in the same group...flat bills and all!

Same with swimming. We went from speedos to full body suits to streamline the swimmer. The point of the panel was that golf is getting younger on your. The dominate players are all 20 somethings and they are changing the landscape. The traditional look is slowing being pushed out.

I get there being new looks, but IMO this is Nike going to extremes just to go to extremes. Coming from me, that's saying something as I'm typically receptive to whatever.

I get there being new looks, but IMO this is Nike going to extremes just to go to extremes. Coming from me, that's saying something as I'm typically receptive to whatever.

I agree 100%, Nike is the big Disrupter. They do it cuz they can.

I don't think that's the case, I think they do it because they still take the same marketing tactics they do in their other sports here. It's been evident the last few years they are grasping at straws (and I have been a massive supporter in thr past year gaming a totally Nike bag at one point) and have resorted to being different for the sake of being different. To me it's a shame, but I know that will pee in some Wheaties here too.

It is the advantage that only Nike (maybe TaylorMade/Adidas to a lesser degree) has...a bankroll from other segments that lets them take massive chances, or even do things for notoriety more than bottom line sales.

I think I could rock those shoes out. I might give them a try this summer. But no tights, I will draw the line on the tights.

I wonder if the word tights is changed to compression, if that changes any opinions?

I wonder if the word tights is changed to compression, if that changes any opinions?
Tights, compression pants, leggings, yoga pants, they're all the same.

I think I could rock those shoes out. I might give them a try this summer. But no tights, I will draw the line on the tights.
Agree, the shoes are growing on me. Just need to be sure they don't bite the shins/heels like some other Nike offerings.

Tights, compression pants, leggings, yoga pants, they're all the same.

I'm just wonder if the word "tights" doesn't create a preconceived image in our minds vs. something like compression. Not for all, but for some.

Just a thought.

Back