Your Super Bowl Food

That sounds great Chase.

Hey bcape,
Why do you marinate them instead of tossing afterwards?

Sorry to butt in but that is exactly what I do for grilled wings and they turn out awesome! I season with s&p and then marinate overnight in Frank's. The overnight season/marinade seasons the meat really well they they grill really nice and the sauce drys out a bit on the grill. The skin gets nice and crisp and they are cleaner and easier to eat. Only problem being you are a bit limited in your sauce options, can't do anything with too much sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to butt in but that is exactly what I do for grilled wings and they turn out awesome! I season with s&p and then marinate overnight in Frank's. The overnight season/marinade seasons the meat really well they they grill really nice and the sauce drys out a bit on the grill. The skin gets nice and crisp and they are cleaner and easier to eat. Only problem being you are a bit limited in your sauce options, can't do anything with too much sugar.

That is so interesting, so they don't burn when they are marinated in sauce? We will definitely have to try that.

Interesting. Always seasoned with dry and toss afterwards.
That was my next thought as anything high in sugar would be a burning problem.

We had to tone things down this year, just my gf and her daughters. I have the flu (even though I had a flu shot) and my gf is feeling a bit south today so no friends over. Still, I am grilling some Maui Ribs at halftime. For those who have never had or heard of these they are a beef crosscut rib, about 1/2" thick marinated in a pineapple juice based marinade (has soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger, rice vinegar, garlic and salt in it as well). For appetizers we have chips, salsa and cheese and jalapenos for nachos.

That is so interesting, so they don't burn when they are marinated in sauce? We will definitely have to try that.

Nope, I do straight Frank's. I like them this way because you can eliminate the breading, the frying, and the butter than is usually in buffalo sauce.

You will have to play with the grill temp, it won't need to be ripping hot.

What I usually do is have one side med/hi and one side low. Mark them well on the hot side to caramelize the sauce then finish on the low side. If I'm doing them for a big group, I mark them then move them to a sheet tray and finish in the oven.

Nope, I do straight Frank's. I like them this way because you can eliminate the breading, the frying, and the butter than is usually in buffalo sauce.

What I usually do is have one side med/hi and one side low. Mark them well on the hot side to caramelize the sauce then finish on the low side. If I'm doing them for a big group, I mark them then move them to a sheet tray and finish in the oven.

So similar, but in our case (and most I have seen), they get a light dry rub and grilled (or smoked) and then like all wings, tossed in sauce right as they come off the grill.

Im not a breaded wings fan, but in all honesty, most buffalo wings are not breaded.

Interesting. Always seasoned with dry and toss afterwards.
That was my next thought as anything high in sugar would be a burning problem.

I only toss in sauce when breaded and fried.

I have done sesame ginger with my grill method that turned out excellent. You do have to think about the sugar but do t have to eliminate it. Just consider it when building your fine and have a cool area to move things too if needed.

So similar, but in our case (and most I have seen), they get a light dry rub and grilled (or smoked) and then like all wings, tossed in sauce right as they come off the grill.

Im not a breaded wings fan, but in all honesty, most buffalo wings are not breaded.

If you try let me know what you think, knowing you I would guess you would appreciate the less sloppy eating experience. Ha.

It seems like everyone around here breads and fries. I don't eat a ton of wing out though.

I never really saw a recipe to do it this way, it just makes sense to me and eliminates a lot of the eating mess, which I did not enjoy.

The best taco dip ever

I have never met a taco dip I didn't want to take in the other room and finish myself....

Spaghetti Squash Bowls:

7c16e09b3d5f1eb4ca4ecb5c4e267c1d.jpg

This is how I've done them on the grill the last few times, and been really happy with how they came out. Happy to see it suggested from someone who knows what they're talking about.

We were going to do wings and stuff, but we're doing italian instead - sausages, ravioli, and a few other things.

Crumbled turkey, sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, parmesan and goat cheese, with a balsamic drizzle.

Crumbled turkey, sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, parmesan and goat cheese, with a balsamic drizzle.
Looks very tasty, I'll have to try that

I think we are doing burgers and brats and then some other sides during the game.

Hey bcape,
Why do you marinate them instead of tossing afterwards?

LordByron nailed it. When we grill the wings, the sauce caramelizes and crisps up really nice, but you have to make sure to do set the heat lower as to not burn them. I'll post a picture of the final product soon, but here they are going on.

ce9e03523dad52d7340e6b066ae34fca.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww YEAHHHHHHHHHH

diID8S0m.jpg

b2342bb0e38b3ab866b40317860410f3.jpg

Just getting started...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Healthy snacks. Burgers about to go on the grill real soon.
98f92c020053c558e5d740b15fd54542.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back