Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Those look awesome Joe. Can't wait to hear how they perform.

The recoils were amazing for me today. 95 gram F4 felt great. High ball flight but no ballooning length was same as the DG pros, my wrists and arm feel great now :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

First time even hitting balls with my reshafted irons was during my round today and I am thrilled with the results

1) no iron heads flew off
2) I had my best iron ball striking day of the season.

The shafts are just smooth and can focus on a smooth tempo and still generate the height and carry I've always had. If anything, I was carrying my 545s about a half club longer (6 yards or so) more than I've been carrying them through the latter part of this season. Oh, and my left wrist feels absolutely fantastic.

Thanks to a reshaft, these are back in the bag, and I couldn't be happier. The DG Pros, at least from my experiences at one range session, are a great pairing for these.

The biggest issue I had with these was that they just didn't have that "heft" to me that everyone noted about the 545s. Moving back to shafts at that ~120g range that's worked for me in the past went a long way to having these feel "right" again after I made the mistake of cutting them down last year.

Had my 545 set arrive yesterday. I've been drooling for a long time and finally found some. Going to get them re-gripped at put in play this weekend!

Had my 545 set arrive yesterday. I've been drooling for a long time and finally found some. Going to get them re-gripped at put in play this weekend!
Those M3s are so solid, a great set, can't wait to see what you think.

Those M3s are so solid, a great set, can't wait to see what you think.

Me too! The m3s won't be going anywhere, for sentimental and practical reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really really intrigued by these things..

I am sure it has been talked about, but I would like to see what people think in terms of forgiveness and ball flight in comparison to the Apex's.

You're gonna like them. I love mine.

I have Apex /Recoils from last year and though they were among the best of the 43 sets I have owned since 1975 the Srixons 545s are calling me. Would you compare your Wilsons to both your resent sets? Thanks

#TeamZ545 at the Kickoff Classic!

After selling my Z745s at the end of the season because I never fell in love with the feel, I made the mistake of spending a half hour hitting the 545 irons. Which I threw in some 745s just to make sure it wasn't a single range session thing, but the feel ( for me ) was far better and they were almost 20 yards longer in some instances as my gamers. They were also stupid easy to hit. SSSOOOO I have a set of 545s 3-W on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hi guys, been reading this thread with interest as I'm after a new set of clubs and these Z545's seem to fit the bill!

Been golfing a few years, 18-20 Handicap but improving a fair amount this last year (usually play 9-Hole every week and average around 42-46), I've been gaming the very easy to hit Callaway Razr X irons (stock) for the last couple of years but after something a little classier now, these Srixon's are one of the few seemingly in my ability bracket that aren't covered in tacky bling and look good!

Firstly I'm wondering if they're right for me but no-one nearby (Swindon, England) stocks them so I'm looking to purchase online which I know is risky having not swung them! I'm not a big hitter, quite stocky and powerful but 5'7" and prefer a shorter, controlled swing so I don't get myself out of shape too much - 7-iron goes around 140-150 yards. My flight is actually pretty straight, draw a little on a good day, push a little on a bad one, fairly high flight with the Razr's. Would these clubs be too much for me or ok?

Secondly, I'm pretty short with wrist to floor (barefoot) of around 34" but lean forwards a fair amount in play meaning I've got into the habit of choking right down on the grip, probably around 1.5-2" from the top of the club, no doubt a factor in shorter distances but has given me better consistency and striking. With that in mind I'm thinking of getting a set cut down, possibly 1", again purchasing online would mean no fitting and sadly the local dealers don't seem to offer any decent fitting service. Would that likely cause any problems or make sense? I'm not an expert on swingweights, there are shaft options as well as standard Dynamic Gold such as KBS Tour, Nippon etc. I'd presume lie wouldn't need to be altered as it would be similar to when I choke down anyway?

I could just buy standard but I do feel most modern clubs feel a bit long for my stance and end up pretty "toe-up", my bad misses are low left hooks. I'm more of a sweeper than a big divot taker.

I think that's about it. :D

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
Hi guys, been reading this thread with interest as I'm after a new set of clubs and these Z545's seem to fit the bill!

Been golfing a few years, 18-20 Handicap but improving a fair amount this last year (usually play 9-Hole every week and average around 42-46), I've been gaming the very easy to hit Callaway Razr X irons (stock) for the last couple of years but after something a little classier now, these Srixon's are one of the few seemingly in my ability bracket that aren't covered in tacky bling and look good!

Firstly I'm wondering if they're right for me but no-one nearby (Swindon, England) stocks them so I'm looking to purchase online which I know is risky having not swung them! I'm not a big hitter, quite stocky and powerful but 5'7" and prefer a shorter, controlled swing so I don't get myself out of shape too much - 7-iron goes around 140-150 yards. My flight is actually pretty straight, draw a little on a good day, push a little on a bad one, fairly high flight with the Razr's. Would these clubs be too much for me or ok?

Secondly, I'm pretty short with wrist to floor (barefoot) of around 34" but lean forwards a fair amount in play meaning I've got into the habit of choking right down on the grip, probably around 1.5-2" from the top of the club, no doubt a factor in shorter distances but has given me better consistency and striking. With that in mind I'm thinking of getting a set cut down, possibly 1", again purchasing online would mean no fitting and sadly the local dealers don't seem to offer any decent fitting service. Would that likely cause any problems or make sense? I'm not an expert on swingweights, there are shaft options as well as standard Dynamic Gold such as KBS Tour, Nippon etc. I'd presume lie wouldn't need to be altered as it would be similar to when I choke down anyway?

I could just buy standard but I do feel most modern clubs feel a bit long for my stance and end up pretty "toe-up", my bad misses are low left hooks. I'm more of a sweeper than a big divot taker.

i was similar to you even playing the same razr clubs. The 545's are really good. I bought them off eBay and took the chance. I have the s300 shafts and love the D3 swing weight. I have had about 8 sets of irons over the last 4 years. None compare. Still have XR's which are nice but again the 545's are far more accurate and feel so much better. Put it this way, I bought 2 sets of the 545's just in case an airline losses my primary set. I am obsessed with these things and believe they helped me lower my hdcp. They just fit and give me lots of confidence. Now I don't want this to be an infomercial but I haven't heard of many that don't like them. Srixon hit a home run with these.

Thanks to a reshaft, these are back in the bag, and I couldn't be happier. The DG Pros, at least from my experiences at one range session, are a great pairing for these.

The biggest issue I had with these was that they just didn't have that "heft" to me that everyone noted about the 545s. Moving back to shafts at that ~120g range that's worked for me in the past went a long way to having these feel "right" again after I made the mistake of cutting them down last year.

I will be gaming a 5 iron of this set this year. Can't want to hit my old friend

Welp, finally pulled the trigger on a set of 5-AW w/PXI 5.5.

Really stoked to get these out on the course.

I love this entire family lineup

I think you'll love them

After not hitting a ball since about November I have now had 3 trips to the range in the last 10 days or so and I still love these as much as I did when I got them last year. Despite how long it has been since hitting balls these clubs just perform for me and as long as I put the swing on them that I know I can then these will just launch the ball

All I need now is the chance to get back out on the course

If I can keep the consistency I was seeing at the end of last year I can see my handicap dropping and hopefully reach single figures if my putting doesn't let me down

After not hitting a ball since about November I have now had 3 trips to the range in the last 10 days or so and I still love these as much as I did when I got them last year. Despite how long it has been since hitting balls these clubs just perform for me and as long as I put the swing on them that I know I can then these will just launch the ball

All I need now is the chance to get back out on the course

If I can keep the consistency I was seeing at the end of last year I can see my handicap dropping and hopefully reach single figures if my putting doesn't let me down

Good to hear! It won't be these beauties that let you down!

I absolutely think you can game these. They are forgiving yet workable. The feel is excellent and you won't lose distance from the Callaways- or at least not much

I will be gaming a 5 iron of this set this year. Can't want to hit my old friend

I can see that working really well for you. Where are you splitting the 745/945?

I can see that working really well for you. Where are you splitting the 745/945?

5 iron 545, 6 and 7 745, 8-PW 945. Lofts 1 degree weak on 545 and 745's. So pumped

Good to hear! It won't be these beauties that let you down!

It was a little bit of a surprise at how well I was striking these after so long off and I have no doubt these will help me lower my handicap

Would be great to beat my PB of a 79 (+8) and get down to single figures

Back