KLVN Golf Bag Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP spent some time with KLVN Golf at the PGA Show and learned more about their unique golf bag system. Here is a preview of the system and how it might be used.

Homepage2_Separation_Image_850x713.jpg

Interesting concept, I like that there are multiple color options. Its like a transformer

After seeing this and the SILO product, I just never realized there was a large enough niche of people wanting an easier way to carry a few clubs to your ball. I have no issues with carrying 3-4 clubs and a towel with me. Seems like these would be more hassle than they're worth.

such a unique product and one that makes sense. I hope we are able to get one in for review at some point because I'm fascinated by it. Also, their booth was pretty damn good.

• Admin
After seeing this and the SILO product, I just never realized there was a large enough niche of people wanting an easier way to carry a few clubs to your ball. I have no issues with carrying 3-4 clubs and a towel with me. Seems like these would be more hassle than they're worth.

To me, the Silo is a different animal as it is not a golf bag. This is taking on a golf bag that is VERY well constructed and adding another element to it.

Really sharp look. I wonder what their price point is? Clever way to handle the cart path only courses!!

Really sharp look. I wonder what their price point is? Clever way to handle the cart path only courses!!

389 is the going rate on their site.

I just do not see the point in something like this.

If I am walking to my ball, it is just as easy to grab 3-4 clubs and toss them on the ground beside me.

This is just such a cool idea really.

If I am walking to my ball, it is just as easy to grab 3-4 clubs and toss them on the ground beside me.

What if you hit it poorly and have another shot coming up? Do you have to walk back to the cart and grab clubs?

People leave clubs behind all the time. This could put an end to that nightmare.

What if you hit it poorly and have another shot coming up? Do you have to walk back to the cart and grab clubs?

JB, this is the internet... I NEVER hit a poor shot. HAHA!

Honestly, for this instance, when I am playing CPO... just say I have 150 yards. I will grab my 150 yard club, a wedge or two and my putter.

I guess it makes sense for 250 yards or so, but I just do not see myself using this at all.

JB, this is the internet... I NEVER hit a poor shot. HAHA!

Honestly, for this instance, when I am playing CPO... just say I have 150 yards. I will grab my 150 yard club, a wedge or two and my putter.

I guess it makes sense for 250 yards or so, but I just do not see myself using this at all.

And thats fine, to me there is just no negative. Because unlike a device like Silo, it holds all of your clubs, all of your stuff and there is no changing around. If you never want to use it, you end up with a killer cart bag that appears to be made unlike any other. For the days you dont want to lug everything with you, it is a simple one click and you still have your clubs.

The only negative i might see here is repositioning clubs in the part that detaches so that you can bring everything you may need and then changing it back once you get back to the cart. I guess im OCD when it comes to where clubs are in my bag. But that is a minor negative. I really like this concept

I think this is one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a while. I could see myself using one for the CPO situations as well as when I go to warm up on the range before a round.

Maybe I've been watching too much Shark Tank, but why didn't they sell this technology to someone who already makes golf bags?

Pretty innovative design really. Not sure it's for me personally, but I love the thought behind it.

Very very very cool concept. Been awhile since I've seen much innovation come to the golf bag market and this does just that.

I can definitely see the value in being able to disconnect and take wedges, putter, and a few shorter irons to a shot if it happens to be CPO.

Few things I would wonder about:

I see that it disconnects easily, appears that the cart strap goes through the larger portion of the bag that stays on the cart. Is that accurate?
How does it fit on a push cart?
When removing the detachable bag, does it some way of standing up?

Very very very cool concept. Been awhile since I've seen much innovation come to the golf bag market and this does just that.

I can definitely see the value in being able to disconnect and take wedges, putter, and a few shorter irons to a shot if it happens to be CPO.

Few things I would wonder about:

I see that it disconnects easily, appears that the cart strap goes through the larger portion of the bag that stays on the cart. Is that accurate?
How does it fit on a push cart?
When removing the detachable bag, does it some way of standing up?

The breakaway piece has legs built in. It's basically a Sunday bag with legs.

The price point to me is to be expected but something that leaves me scratching my head at too. This is so innovative and a first of its kind, so you would think they could name their price and run with it, but why list this for a price that may deter most buyers? $400 for a bag is a lot imo

I'm digging this bag. $389 is a steep price point, but not as high as I figured. I think, assuming your organize the bag properly, this would actually be easier than grabbing a few clubs, it looks to be very straightforward. Grab the mini bag, which should have your 9 iron?-putter in it, and take it to your ball. For someone like me who will typically grab a few clubs and walk up the hole while my partner plays their ball this makes sense. Also, for the days you only want to take a few clubs to the range, or to a par 3 course this looks pretty ideal. It looks like a solid bag, and they've certainly got my attention. Again, something I need to see in person before I even consider dropping coin on, but something I really do want to see.

What is the bag made of? It looks like its a hard plastic like material.

It's a great concept and for courses that are not walking friendly this is a great option on CPO days. The bag looks cool and I spent a good hour on their site during the pga show. Price point like others have said is going to be a sticking point and another $110 for different color pockets may put some off on that as well.

i have had one in my cart a couple times since we first saw these during the pga show

One of the coolest things about the bag you can't see is the bottom is perforated so dirt and the like won't collect.

One of the coolest things about the bag you can't see is the bottom is perforated so dirt and the like won't collect.

That is a great feature.

Did you guys get to play with the bags at all?

That is a great feature.

Did you guys get to play with the bags at all?

sure did. Really easy to take the stand bag off and then reattach.

Back