Edel Golf E-2 Torque Balanced Putter - THP Preview

James: any idea how long those pixels are? They go back like a half inch into the mass behind the insert? Or just really short?

Can't find any true dimensions/spec's on the PIXL's as they are quite tight lipped about it, but this pic might help with the size thing:

pile-of-pixls.png

So sexy. I've actually tried one of these out - different shape than that one, but same line. I thought it was very good. Great feeling and looking putter.

Interesting, thanks. Looks like 1/4 - 1/2 inch maybe.

So sexy. I've actually tried one of these out - different shape than that one, but same line. I thought it was very good. Great feeling and looking putter.

Its a crazy concept, but indoors so far it has been solid. I also can't get over the price tag, 295 for Edel is actually incredibly reasonable compared to what I've seen form them before in my putter journey's/research.

Interesting, thanks. Looks like 1/4 - 1/2 inch maybe.

I'm thinking 1/4, hell maybe less. Pretty crazy looking right? 93 of them individually placed.

And they make em' for us lefties. I'm even more interested now.

Very interesting look to this putter. I love it. Can't wait to see what you think of this Jman.

Played a full 18 and then had a 30 minute session on the putting green with this one yesterday, interesting is one way to describe it. Played with the #1 bag on the HS team where I teach and he rolled it as well, more on that though here in a minute.

First, the sound of the face is nice. Incredibly clean and plush sounding little click anywhere off the insert, plenty of audible feedback for the milled putter lovers even though it is technically an insert. Performance on strikes across the face was really nice as it pertains to pace. Not a dead feeling at all, or a hollow one that I sort of anticipated with the sole cutout to cause, which is a big win here and makes me ponder the PIXL's more.

Now, the balance. Toe up freaks me out in my head still, its hard to wrap my head around that it is the OPPOSITE as a face balanced or full-toe-hang putter and the back bend shaft which leads to being almost onset is a trip to the eyes initially. In the stroke though, I honestly didn't notice any major differences. I can still putt with my normal arc without manipulating at all. Honestly, I can't tell if it flows easier or not, and that is why I'm a little baffled on this right now still, its just SO different of a concept.

The overall weight is nice though, its a little short for me at 34" but thats no biggie. The headcover got lots of attention at the course as it should, but I am not a big fan of the PURE grip, thats personal, but anything and everything sticks to it.

So, the #1 bag rolled it on the putting green and a few times on the course and had a TON of success with it, it was actually pretty interesting to see. He also is a hardcore SC guy and believed they are the best putters ever made, but he said he would game this in a heartbeat even in tournaments and not blink at people asking him about why he isn't rolling an SC. Not really an important factor int he review clearly, but just something I found interesting.

Very intresting Putter

The indiviual PIXL is a unique insert idea

Very intresting Putter

The indiviual PIXL is a unique insert idea

It really is, quite different, looking forward to getting on the greens again tomorrow with it.

I'm tidying up this review right now, it was a very interesting one to put through its paces to say the least.

In putters we honestly don't see a whole lot of "new" ideas but rather thoughts that came from others and just tweaked them a bit here and there. This one with the toe-up design is pretty radical being honest, but its not awkward or cumbersome at all as I feared. Additionally, the PIXL face is a star in the sound/feel and overall roll department, it honestly is, I saw reeeeeally good dispersion on various distances and heel/toe misses. The PURE grip is a bit hit/miss for me personally, but the round nature of the grip will be really nice for many IMO. I will say the 34" standard length is interesting to me, as well as the 72* lie, definitely different than others we are seeing on the market. Its one that will either fit eyes or won't, thats for sure, but in the stroke, it performs despite being so dang different. Plus, the price point is solid for the craftsmanship you get, really solid.

I just received an Edel Torque Balanced E-1.

Will take pics and post, but spoiler, it is fairly plain. Apparently, I do not need lines.

I did get the weight kit, they threw in a hat, and the head cover is sexy.

Just noticed this is an E-2 Thread ... so will post a thread when I have time with the putter.

Seems Odyssey is jumping aboard with something similar to this, toe up balance.

For me, it works. I think it is a great idea. Interested in seeing how the Odyssey rolls.

Really like the look of it and the pixel insert had intrigued me for some time.

Last edited:
The pixl insert is absolutely awesome. Along with Ping's. True Roll technology the best putter face tech in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what to think about this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back