Ben Hogan PTx Irons Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait to read some reviews on these and then try them for myself.

The co-forging is really interesting, with the titanium core. I wonder what they feel like on off center strikes. Seems they are not just for the low handicap player. Will be interesting to give them a try.

I'm hoping one of the golf shops in this area carries these.

Will be following along and hopefully taking some swings with these at THPevents

Like these even more! Can't wait to get my mitts on them in Alabama.

JM

Possibly the classiest looking irons on the market today, very fitting for the great Ben Hogan. Interesting discussion around the loft gapping as I know that's been a hot discussion here on THP. Really like the progressive design of the set and hope to get a chance to try these soon as I don't have the game for the set released last year.

I like these a lot.

Really would like to get these in hand at some point, there is a lot to be curious about going on in these heads.

Great interview with Terry, Dean.

I would love to put these things through the paces. IMO they just look way better than last year's.

I would love to put these things through the paces. IMO they just look way better than last year's.

Just a FYI, they are both staying in line for Hogan and will be available.

Just a FYI, they are both staying in line for Hogan and will be available.
Yeah I suppose my wording wasn't right. Didn't mean for them to sound as a replacement.

These are great looking sticks, and Terry is a smart guy. I feel like this set is the first time his philosophy on club design has really seemed "complete", at least IMO. The last set had the visual cues of being an entire set of wedges to me, where this one feels much more like an iron set incorporating some tech.

Would really love to hit these, if I ever see them in person.

*Drooling*

I am all ears on these irons!

I think that they look great. Aesthetically, I would give the edge to these over the Ft Worth irons. I would love to try them sometime.

These and the hybrids are far and away the 2016 products I'm most excited about. Just hope I find a place to try them.

Nice interview. I like how enthusiastic they are about the product. I am not sure about their claim that mid and high handicappers want to shape shots. Most I know just want to hit a flush shot and have it go straight.

These were one of my top favorite items from the PGA show. Still love the looks, and interested to hear more about the real-world performance from THP.

very interesting thoughts on the weighting with these irons from the long irons through the short irons will be interesting to see the review of these.

The more I look at these the more I want to try them out!

Very interested in their wedge offerings...

These are great looking sticks, and Terry is a smart guy. I feel like this set is the first time his philosophy on club design has really seemed "complete", at least IMO. The last set had the visual cues of being an entire set of wedges to me, where this one feels much more like an iron set incorporating some tech.

Would really love to hit these, if I ever see them in person.
This exactly what I feel. Nice wording

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What shaft comes with these irons? Does anyone know?

The ones I picked up had UST Recoil, so I cant help you there, but we will have a new set of steel on the THP Tour Van hitting all of our events and local get togethers and I will let you know whats in them.

What shaft comes with these irons? Does anyone know?

their website shows kbs tour v in s and x and tour 90 in r and s for steel options and recoil 660 and 680 for graphite.

Back