ANA Inspiration - LPGA Tour First Major of 2016

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
The ANA Inspiration starts today. It's the first major of the season for the LPGA Tour. This tournament has had lots of exciting finishes over the years. Looking forward to watching it unfold this weekend. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the tournament. TV Times listed below.

• March 31 Golf Channel 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
  • March 31 Golf Channel 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
  • April 01 Golf Channel 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
  • April 01 Golf Channel 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
  • April 02 Golf Channel 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
  • April 03 Golf Channel 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Looking forward to watching as much as I can this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. I'll probably watch a bit here and there this weekend

Stacey Lewis is due!! Hope she wins!! I will be watching!

Michelle Wie's outfit looks terrible IMO. Looks like she has a sweatshirt wrapped around her waist and should be going running at the park instead of playing golf.

I will probably watch more of this than the PGA stop this week. It is one of my favorite tournaments of the year. Usally has a pretty bunched field which provides for plenty of Sunday drama.

Lydia has to be the favorite coming off last week's win. Brittany Lang could be a dark horse. She has been on good form but unable to close the deal. I would like to see Michelle get the W, but recent form suggest otherwise.

One of my favorite tournaments on the LPGA. Usually fits the longer and straighter players and sounds like the rough is up some this year.

Would be cool to see Ai Miyazato keep up her recent good form and make a run for it.

Michelle and Lydia off to good starts at -2. Current lead is -5. Will be pulling for Lexi this week. She is one of my favorites on the LPGA. The fact she is rolling a Cure this week moves her to the top my rooting interest

Michelle and Lydia off to good starts at -2. Current lead is -5. Will be pulling for Lexi this week. She is one of my favorites on the LPGA. The fact she is rolling a Cure this week moves her to the top my rooting interest

The Cure is definitely very easy to pick up on TV. Good to see them in the bags of some more folks this year.

Looks like Lexi Thompson switched to a cure putter this week. She has it set up really flat with the lie angle.

Looks like Lexi Thompson switched to a cure putter this week. She has it set up really flat with the lie angle.
Yea she switched after last week's awful putting performance. The adjustable shaft allows her to keep the toe of the putter on the ground and get her hands where she likes them.

Golfweek has an article about the switch on the website.

Nice to see Ai Miyazato and Azahara Munoz atop the leader board. Ai seemed to disappear for awhile after what seemed like always being in contention. I've been waiting for Aza to break out

I was lucky enough to work this event last year and was also fortunate enough to play a round the day after the tournament. They tees and hole locations were left the same as on Sunday so the members could see what it was like. VERY fun, but it was soooooo tough, I think I made 4 pars all day haha. I probably barely broke 100. The rough was so deep I had to just hack a wedge out most times, provided I could even find it doh! The greens were a little dry, LIGHTNING fast and it was pretty windy that day as well. Hopefully it won't be the last time I'll get to play a round in tournament conditions.

Shaping up to be a good weekend plenty of big names at the top of the leader board. Lexi leading with Lydia and Michelle and others close to the lead. The LPGA brass has to with the possibilities heading into the weekend.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Anybody else watching? Thompsen playing really nicely at the moment. I love watching her drive the ball, good LORD she murders it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Anybody else watching? Thompsen playing really nicely at the moment. I love watching her drive the ball, good LORD she murders it

If she could hit a damn wedge though...

When you get 80+ yards over your opponent off the tee, it's just not fair.

When you get 80+ yards over your opponent off the tee, it's just not fair.
I honestly think she could compete on the men's tour if she wanted.

Useful iron shot there from her

EDIT: Miyazato says otherwise

Good golf today. Ariva with the -4 so,far to be tied. Some big names right behind them. Going to be a fun weekend finish

And Ko gets to a familiar spot at the top. Shaping up nicely for a showdown tomorrow.

Always love hearing classic Elton before the commercial break lol

Back