Blue Bell Ice Cream

JohnSinVA

Porkins
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
When I was in FL last October distribution of Blue Bell was still very limited due to production having just comeback online after their listeria outbreak.

Has distribution gotten back to where it was prior to that? Given the opportunity to play in the Kickoff Classic would have the fringe benefit of being able to get some Blue Bell while I'm at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's back on shelves, some. Not a ton of flavors, yet, but I have seen it in some grocery stores.

Not a lot of variety yet but it's steady on the shelf.

Haven't seen it anywhere around me. I had thought they went under.

Stopped production due to the listeria outbreak.
Got that part but I had thought they went under after that and stopped production for good.

No Tin Roof Sundae in Tallahassee yet.

We got it here in TX, not a huge variety but better than nothing!

God bless Blue Bell! I have not seen it back here in Az, but I have not looked lately.

I was back home in Texas last September when it went back in select stores ...

We have a plant here in Tulsa. Back up and running.

Not sure which plant but I heard, "water dripping from roof into ice cream" reported to managers and ignored. Can't get that out of my mind now. Lol

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing yet in Vegas. They had a distribution facility in N.Las Vegas by the speedway. Last time I checked, it looked deserted.

Read a couple weeks or so that they had again found listeria in one of the plants, but I guess it wasn't in a critical area or something because production wasn't halted like the first time.

Read a couple weeks or so that they had again found listeria in one of the plants, but I guess it wasn't in a critical area or something because production wasn't halted like the first time.

Finding it in the plant isn't really a surprise. If they found it on the line the that would be a bigger deal.

Looks like I might be in luck, at least for the staple flavors. I'll be a little bummed if there's no banana pudding but I guess one can't have it all.

We've had it for about a month now and flavors are showing up. Mardi Gras is next week so King Cake flavor is huge here this time of year!!!!

It's just getting back to GA. Only like three flavors, though, which stinks. There's a distro center directly across from our other building a few miles away. They're pretty friendly when it comes time to eliminate expiring stock. I miss them.

We have a plant here in Tulsa. Back up and running.

Not sure which plant but I heard, "water dripping from roof into ice cream" reported to managers and ignored. Can't get that out of my mind now. Lol

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm not saying that situation would be acceptable, but if you knew the acceptable conditions for many of the products you put in your mouth, it would be appalling. the big one i know about is wine. there are so many opportunities along the way for all kinds of critters to land on, fall in, poop in, die in the massive vats of juice it would really gross you out. i figure something's gonna kill me someday, might as well just enjoy the ride.

They would not have reopened if not for a big cash infusion from one of the Bass brothers, it's his favorite ice cream. I guess when you have billions laying around you can afford to make sure your favorite ice cream company stays in business.

Blue Bell is back in TN... But no Mint Cookies and Cream yet... That's their best flavor...

Dax

Notoriously hard to eliminate once it establishes itself.

Back