The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, some serious bad news in here.

So sorry for your loss James. Truly a terrible way to lose a loved one.

I was going to come in here and rant about my stupid job. Just hate feeling stuck and unhappy every morning the alarm clock goes off. I really wish I could do something I love but unfortunately I just dont have any way to make that happen. Hopefully something will come along but in the meantime I'll just have to stick to the grind.

Pales in comparison to some. But the past four days included.
1) losing my debit card sometime Friday
2) having a car accident Friday evening
3) spending all day on the couch Saturday doped up on painkillers from accident
4) getting violently sick Sunday night and all day Monday.
5) Hearing from Insurance company today that they will not have a determination on my SUV until early next week, but based on mileage, age and initial reports, start preparing for it to be declared a total loss.
6) today looked at potential monthly payments on some models I'm considering....Yikes!!!

Yea so barring some kind of magic, the g irons won't be showing up by Thursday. That's a big let down. Hmm, would've thought Ping had a set of KBS tour shafts in the warehouse. Guess not :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insurance companies.

Dental surgery tomorrow.

Grandma's funeral Thursday.

I'm beyond an emotional wreck.

I hear you, dental work for me on thursday and I still don't know what the insurance is paying, sorry to hear about your grandma

I am so frieking pissed! So my older son (35) is out with friends Sunday night and apparently someone spiked his drink. One of his friends drives him home around midnight, walking up to his house he passes out cold. He laid on the sidewalk until about 6:00 AM when some little old lady tries waking him up. He can't stand up. It's about 2* out. Long story short, ambulance takes him to the ER where he was treated for frost bitten toes and confirmed he had a drug in his system that caused the blackout. Two days in the hospital. Lucky for him he gets to keep all his toes, although his younger brother thinks "7 Toes Zeff" would be a cool screen name! I would love to meet the $%^&er that did this!

I am so frieking pissed! So my older son (35) is out with friends Sunday night and apparently someone spiked his drink. One of his friends drives him home around midnight, walking up to his house he passes out cold. He laid on the sidewalk until about 6:00 AM when some little old lady tries waking him up. He can't stand up. It's about 2* out. Long story short, ambulance takes him to the ER where he was treated for frost bitten toes and confirmed he had a drug in his system that caused the blackout. Two days in the hospital. Lucky for him he gets to keep all his toes, although his younger brother thinks "7 Toes Zeff" would be a cool screen name! I would love to meet the $%^&er that did this!
Such a scary thought. Thankfully that lady came along. Hopefully his friends learn that you never leave until you see your friend get in the door. Glad he is okay.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is an insane story. What anole spikes drinks? Your son is extremely lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did my taxes last night. Enough said. Sending a check uncle Sam's way this year.

Sounds like he needs better friends. Living in a college town, you hear stories like this way too often.

Sounds like he needs better friends. Living in a college town, you hear stories like this way too often.

I told him the exact same thing. He's in Milwaukee and lives near Marquette and UW Milwaukee so the college town applies. My younger son tells me he hears about this often.

My D100 ES 6 hybrid arrived today from Rock Bottom Golf. Inventory stamp says "Reg flex" but the shaft says "S Flex". Grrrr ... got to send it back now.

ETA: Props to RBG for handling it quickly. Already repackaged and out the door with UPS.

Last edited:
people at the driving range who set up shop and commandeer an entire section. there's a practice chipping/pitching/sand green at the course by my office, and i've been going there on my lunch break. almost every time i go, there's an older gentleman, obviously retired, hitting 60y pitches over a bunker to the green. the angle he takes makes it impossible to utilize 50% of the green without running the risk of being hit, so anyone else who wants to practice is relegated to the remaining 50%, and we all have to crowd together to avoid taking one to the dome. it's so rude.

I have to start shopping for a mattress. Not looking forward to the process and hate what a decent one costs these days

http://wbay.com/2016/02/17/propane-tank-explosion-hurts-2/

One of the two injured in this explosion was my step-brother.

He has a 1 year old son. Apparently the injuries are not life threatening, but we don't know the full extent yet.

I am not a praying man so I won't ask for yours. Just please hug and kiss your families extra tight tonight.

Update: 2nd degree burns to his hands and face. 1st degree to his arms and legs.

Last edited:
All the best to him Joe.

I have to start shopping for a mattress. Not looking forward to the process and hate what a decent one costs these days

i will be in the same boat this weekend. I hate doing mattress shopping, especially since Alex has her preference on pillow top plushness while I prefer a different setting.

That's awful Blu, prayers for him and his family.

Most places will zero % financing for up to 2 years, basically free money. I got a Stearns a Foster and Love it.

I told him the exact same thing. He's in Milwaukee and lives near Marquette and UW Milwaukee so the college town applies. My younger son tells me he hears about this often.

The same happened to me years ago. Some creep was hitting on a friend of mine and bought her a beer. She was driving so she didn't want it and gave it to me. I had had two beers to that point and that was my final of the night. I drank half of it then threw it away and we took off. On the ride home I started feeling woozy, I fell on the steps to her place and then passed out on her couch. Woke up the next morning feeling like crap. I regret looking back not making a report about it.

Same thing happened to one of my friends, and he ended up passing out in a gutter and getting arrested. A few weeks later two bartenders at the bar got busted for slipping things into girls drinks.

Just bought a mattress at Mattress Firm about two weeks ago. (Wanted something different from our Select Comfort). Process was simple and really low pressure.

http://wbay.com/2016/02/17/propane-tank-explosion-hurts-2/

One of the two injured in this explosion was my step-brother.

He has a 1 year old son. Apparently the injuries are not life threatening, but we don't know the full extent yet.

I am not a praying man so I won't ask for yours. Just please hug and kiss your families extra tight tonight.

Update: 2nd degree burns to his hands and face. 1st degree to his arms and legs.

Wishing him a good recovery.

We bought our memory foam mattress at Costco for $600. It feels exactly the same as the one we bought several years ago for $2200. We will never spend a lot on a mattress again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back