What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out and hit balls on the range today, my first swings since last Halloween. The rhythm was good right off the bat, and nearly every iron shot with LW, then 9, then 6, was on target. Then I pulled out the big stick, and after pull-hooking the first one I remembered my correction (raise the hands at address), and the rest were straight. I finished with a SW, which was exactly perfect for the nearest green-and-pin target - it seemed like I dropped shot after shot within feet of that pin. I should have left then, but instead, I headed for the practice putting green. There I admit I had a surprisingly good feel for the speed, but absolutely couldn't seem to put a putt on line. Just like real golf, I guess - never happens that EVERYTHING works at the same time.

Boy, do I have the itch to PLAY!

Yesterday shot 51/42=93. 22 putts on the front, 15 on the back. It's rounds like that which confuse me. I was basically two different golfers... Which one is the "real" me?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yesterday shot 51/42=93. 22 putts on the front, 15 on the back. It's rounds like that which confuse me. I was basically two different golfers... Which one is the "real" me?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Obviously we need to expand our gimmie range

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I shot an 82 today with no birdies. I had about 10 birdie looks all from outside of 20ft. I need to work on iron accuracy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Shot my PB today, 83 on a par 72 including a 30 yard birdie chip-in and a 45 foot downhill put for birdie. I tried to stay relaxed during the round and play "sensibly" without hero shots and it paid off. Had 3 3-putts that were really close so I could have got into the 70's.Also realised I cannot hit a fairway wood from the turf so may go for a hybrid in its place.

Shot my PB today, 83 on a par 72 including a 30 yard birdie chip-in and a 45 foot downhill put for birdie. I tried to stay relaxed during the round and play "sensibly" without hero shots and it paid off. Had 3 3-putts that were really close so I could have got into the 70's.Also realised I cannot hit a fairway wood from the turf so may go for a hybrid in its place.
Congrats on PB!

Crowd pleasing 81 with 2 doubles. I had a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went 39/39 for a 78 today! Course played long as it was wet and raining. Kept the ball in front of me, and except for one hole, didn't make many mental errors. Had a couple of gifts fromm the golf gods one being a tree on 18 keeping a terrible drive inbounds. Only can get better with better conditions right?!

I went 39/39 for a 78 today! Course played long as it was wet and raining. Kept the ball in front of me, and except for one hole, didn't make many mental errors. Had a couple of gifts fromm the golf gods one being a tree on 18 keeping a terrible drive inbounds. Only can get better with better conditions right?!

Very solid! Looks like having a sim at work is paying off!

Very solid! Looks like having a sim at work is paying off!
The last 4 weeks I have been in there once during lunch. It's been crazy busy for me lately.

41/44 today at tot hill. Up and down round two birdies some Pars but some big numbers as well. Had a blast with the Carolina crew though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

+3 74. Lowest round in a long time. Played a wide open course, so I was able to spray it off the tee with impunity.

Got out after the rain and played the front 9 at Purgatory. Outside of one other golfer, I had the entire course to myself. Shot a 39 (+3) and was happy with the ball striking. Struggled a little bit with my 3 wood, but my driver was spot on.

I am pulling my PW and cannot figure out why..Have a lesson tomorrow with my instructor, so hopefully she will figure out why.

Short game was on point, almost chipped in for birdie twice...Did have a birdie but that went along with 4 bogies.

Short game was on point, almost chipped in for birdie twice...Did have a birdie but that went along with 4 bogies.

"Thank you Roger Effing Cleveland!"

Nice shooting Aaron.

Shot 40/44=84 today. Had 2 penalties which hurt but overall I was happy. Weather was incredible today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
41/42 83....drove the ball solid and surprising was a good display of putting (2 3 putts, but a bunch of 1 putts), not bad for my second round this year....walked and carried 36 this weekend ...legs and back are little are, not quite in golf shape yet :)

I played yesterday. Had a rough go of it at times. Complete opposites on the front side and back side.

54 - 44 = 98

It is not an overly difficult course, and I was driving the ball great with drives of 286, 324 and 325 yards... but I was in my own head with wedges and managed to sh*nk a few, wasting great drives in the process. I also had a lot of shots that missed being perfect by a matter of feet, and then it would take me 2-3 shots to recover.

Putting was on, but everything missed by an inch or two so I was left with a lot of tap-ins.

Overall... I was disappointed in my game after having very high hopes going into the tournament.

44-44/88
10/14 FW
3/18 GIR
31 putts
Bunch of bogies and 1 stupid stupid triple

Winds were a whipping pretty crazy, couldn't make a putt over 5 feet. Absolute fantastically fun round with THP'ers.

Nate is hitting driver better than EVER.

Played 36 today, 1st 18 shot 88, 2nd 18 moved back a tee box and shot 89. 620 yards longer from the back box and only 1 stroke worse. Left quite a few strokes on the course. Only 1 triple bogey over 36 holes and only 1 3 putt.

41 - 38 - 79. 2 birdies, 2 doubles and a ton of pollen tearing up my eyes.

Can't say it was good. The back was by far better. Could not seeing the clubs comfortably on the first 9.
43-33/ 76, but it was only a par 62. Think I parred 6 of the last 7 holes. Some good recoveries and some good putting to finish the day.

Shot an 84. Hit 11/14 fwys and hit 5 GIR. Right now my irons and wedges are holding me back. I need to find a coach ASAP to get my iron play straightened out. Wedge play will come around as the weather is better and I can practice more. Just some rust and knowing to play the percentages instead of the hero wedge shot.

Got to play 36 over the weekend, first two full rounds at my home course. Shot 38/39 - 77 on Saturday and 42/39 - 81 on Sunday. Saturdays round was really odd, I had 3 doubles and a triple to go along with 4 birdies. Sunday was a bit more even keel, a few more bogeys and only 2 birdies. My full swing was decent, got a little tired on Sunday, but I definitely need to work on my short game to avoid those silly little mistakes that lead to doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back