2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good workout today, I combined arms and legs today since I slacked on the gym this week as I was able to get out and golf(72 holes this week)

Squats 3x12@ 155
RDL 3x12
Ez bar curls 3x12@ 80
Tricep DB ext

While I had my wife there I was able to get a couple videos of some Deadlifts to check form, I'll let you look, initially I looks like I bring my hips and butt up to quick, it's 365 lbs.

http://youtu.be/PO0qISzTmQk
http://youtu.be/6AfMWv5Swos

I will say doing squats and deadlifts in the same workout is very tiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a good workout today, I combined arms and legs today since I slacked on the gym this week as I was able to get out and golf(72 holes this week)

Squats 3x12@ 155
RDL 3x12
Ez bar curls 3x12@ 80
Tricep DB ext

While I had my wife there I was able to get a couple videos of some Deadlifts to check form, I'll let you look, initially I looks like I bring my hips and butt up to quick, it's 365 lbs.

http://youtu.be/PO0qISzTmQk
http://youtu.be/6AfMWv5Swos

I will say doing squats and deadlifts in the same workout is very tiring.

Spangs are these Romanian dls?

Nope I did RDLs before these. Just regular old DLs

Nah. You just didn't list deadlifts in your program.

Oh, well I put I took videos of deadlifts. I can see where there was some confusion though.

Was my form that bad?

I'm no expert and definitely not trying to grill but to my amateur eye I initially felt like your back kinda rounded and your hips were kinda off but I could be wrong. I'm going to rewatch them, I'm sure blu will chime in at some point for advice.

Oh, well I put I took videos of deadlifts. I can see where there was some confusion though.

Here's what I would change. I would narrow your heels a little and flare your toes a little. Put the bar over the middle of your foot. It's over your toes right now. It will look like the bar is over the knots of your shoes. Then, I would bend over with straight legs and grab the bar, without moving the bar!!! Then bring your shins to the bar, without moving the bar!!! Then squeeze you're chest up until your scapula are over the bar, from the side it will look like your shoulders are in front of the bar and that's OK. That is a really difficult step. Do no think hips down, think chest up. With this step, you should hear a clank as you take the slack out of the bar. When this is all completed, your lumbar should be locked in place. There should be no rounding your low back. Then drag the bar up your legs and finish with your legs straight and chest up.

tl/dr:

1) bar over mid foot
2) grab bar with straight legs
3) shins to the bar, without moving the bar
4) squeeze your chest up as hard as you can
5) drag the bar up your legs until you're standing straight up.

I'm no expert and definitely not trying to grill but to my amateur eye I initially felt like your back kinda rounded and your hips were kinda off but I could be wrong. I'm going to rewatch them, I'm sure blu will chime in at some point for advice.
Hips flew up and left the bar and shoulders below. Nailed it

Hips flew up and left the bar and shoulders below. Nailed it

That's what I thought, when I initially watched the videos.

Ive wanted to order a belt already and I like the lever belts but im not dealing with Inzer and their crap ass customer service and 8 week wait for a plain belt. I found another company that does both traditional and levers fully custom that look badass and apparently ship in 3 weeks or less. All the reviews say the quality is top notch and they did one for Jon Jones so im thinking of getting one done. Some of the pics on IG look pretty cool although I would likely just get some color.

f33de8f06ad13f0e61411d7ff15639f3.jpg

c240253786e9e10f91bfca3a5a0444a3.jpg

1598ff4c875ca492b7b7ec9b9609ee35.jpg

56590cfca34944c0fbeeac5d0c12cfae.jpg

aca438d8770199a4ace1dd8e7e35018f.jpg

b226a678cfb4f18e42b11318c064d479.jpg

43009482160ccfb15ce97c010195e9cf.jpg

Ive want to order a belt already and I like the lever belts but im not dealing with Inzer and their crap ass customer service and 8 week wait for a plain belt. I found another company that does both traditional and levers fully custom that look badass and apparently ship in 3 weeks or less. All the reviews say the quality is top notch and they did one for Jon Jones so im thinking of getting one done. Some of the pics on IG look pretty cool

f33de8f06ad13f0e61411d7ff15639f3.jpg

c240253786e9e10f91bfca3a5a0444a3.jpg

1598ff4c875ca492b7b7ec9b9609ee35.jpg

56590cfca34944c0fbeeac5d0c12cfae.jpg

aca438d8770199a4ace1dd8e7e35018f.jpg

b226a678cfb4f18e42b11318c064d479.jpg

43009482160ccfb15ce97c010195e9cf.jpg

Pretty cool! I like my Schiek belt, it serves it's purpose and was $50-60 at a local sports store.

Pretty cool! I like my Schiek belt, it serves it's purpose and was $50-60 at a local sports store.

I thought about going that route as well, I just like the lever my buddy has. Going custom would obviously be more expensive but I think a quality belt could probably last a lifetime.

I thought about going that route as well, I just like the lever my buddy has. Going custom would obviously be more expensive but I think a quality belt could probably last a lifetime.

If it's something you want, then expense is never really an issue. I think I could use a custom belt if I was working out at home, but I don't think I could take that to the gym. Id have to be lifting a lot more weight to pull something like that off.

If it's something you want, then expense is never really an issue. I think I could use a custom belt if I was working out at home, but I don't think I could take that to the gym. Id have to be lifting a lot more weight to pull something like that off.

Yeah I totally get that haha that's why I mentioned maybe some color but I couldn't pull off a DBZ belt or something lol!

A good belt is worth every penny.

A good belt is worth every penny.

I didn't say that it wasn't, I believe I actually said if it's something you really want then cost should never be an issue, but what I was saying that my $60 belt does the same thing as the $200-$300 belt and I didn't have to wait 8 weeks to get it.

I didn't say that it wasn't, I believe I actually said if it's something you really want then cost should never be an issue, but what I was saying that my $60 belt does the same thing as the $200-$300 belt and I didn't have to wait 8 weeks to get it.

Well, yes and no. Lever style belts can be a little more customized as far as fit. Plus, for most guys that stay a similar size, they can wear out the same eyelet. I get it, I understand the love affair with belts.

You are right though, most people cam he just as happy with a $60 belt from a local sporting goods store. As long as the belt is a constant diameter, have no taper, then they all do much of the something.

I agree with most of what you're saying. As long as the quality is good and the belt actually stays together then one would be fine. Ive seen some belts that not only fell apart but pinched the crap out of you. I'm just going to get some color and a high quality belt for around $110, 200-300 would only be if you added like 4 pictures, messages, multiple colors and such.

Squats, bench and light conditioning. Life is good.

Rest week

Rest week

Nothing like a little stomach virus to force you into a week off after PR bench and squat. Ah well. Got back at it last night with a decent bench set up to 300 and some shoulder presses. Headed to Hawaii Friday. Hopefully I can find some free weights there.

Nothing like a little stomach virus to force you into a week off after PR bench and squat. Ah well. Got back at it last night with a decent bench set up to 300 and some shoulder presses. Headed to Hawaii Friday. Hopefully I can find some free weights there.
What island?

Big Island/Kona area for a week then Honolulu for 5 days.

Sent Rip a tweet, he usually responds or someone will. I will find something. Can't go 2 weeks without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back