2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Just a quick update it's been almost 3 weeks now and the scale says 15 lbs is gone so far so happy but got to keep going

Nice work :) but on another note wouldn't it also be great if we can lose golf strokes just as fast :0

It worked! I added extra avacado, some frozen corn, green onion, more tomato paste,and a ton of cilantro.

0f0b26aded4729e5c3242fa6324f605e.jpg

Looks good, what is that?
It worked! I added extra avacado, some frozen corn, green onion, more tomato paste,and a ton of cilantro.

Pork chops were pretty good. Although the sauce had a weird texture that I didn't love.

Tonight it's Spanish chicken and quinoa stew. Here is a picture from the book. Hopefully mine looks as good.

ff35641a33facfe7120f25a27012b1e3.jpg

Looks good, what is that?

See above. I altered the recipe slightly, and next time I will omit the saffron because saffron is disgusting!

See above. I altered the recipe slightly, and next time I will omit the saffron because saffron is disgusting!
It's kind of a useless spice, but that dish looked yummo

Here is a really delicious chicken soup recipe I must share. My wife found this a few months back and we been making it since. Its called "chicken tortilla soup" found at "the food network" on line. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicken-tortilla-soup-recipe.html
Its low sodium and really nothing fattening at all but is just so very good.
I don't even use the tortilla as its is just so good without it. Just enough spice and of course you can regulate the amount of jalapeño's or put none in it. The only thing we do any different is put all the shredded chicken in the soup and then save the rest all together for another days lunch or dinner.
I was really surprised how good this soup tasted. Just didn't expect it but I when we make it I just cant get enough. The kids (well...now teens....lol) love it too. A really nice Mexican flavor but not overwhelming and just right. And best of all (although they don't give the nutrition values) you can see whats in there is just nothing much to be concerned with as for calories and to boot its low salt and yet still very good. Anyway , just thought to share.
RB0112_Chicken-Tortilla-Soup_jpg_rend_sni12col_landscape_zpsvve6wesx.jpg

That tortilla soup is on the docket for tomorrow.

yea, us too, we're actually making it tonight and then the whole pot in the fridge for tomorrows dinner. Its fairly easy and being we both work the kids (and I also) just grab a bowl full (or two)tomorrow and in the micro for dinner :)

Here is a really delicious chicken soup recipe I must share. My wife found this a few months back and we been making it since. Its called "chicken tortilla soup" found at "the food network" on line. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicken-tortilla-soup-recipe.html
Its low sodium and really nothing fattening at all but is just so very good.
I don't even use the tortilla as its is just so good without it. Just enough spice and of course you can regulate the amount of jalapeño's or put none in it. The only thing we do any different is put all the shredded chicken in the soup and then save the rest all together for another days lunch or dinner.
I was really surprised how good this soup tasted. Just didn't expect it but I when we make it I just cant get enough. The kids (well...now teens....lol) love it too. A really nice Mexican flavor but not overwhelming and just right. And best of all (although they don't give the nutrition values) you can see whats in there is just nothing much to be concerned with as for calories and to boot its low salt and yet still very good. Anyway , just thought to share.
RB0112_Chicken-Tortilla-Soup_jpg_rend_sni12col_landscape_zpsvve6wesx.jpg

That sounds delicious. I love chicken tortilla soup.

Got rid of the saffron taste?

Yet many people can't stand cilantro - some have a genetic flaw that makes it taste like soap. My brother has that problem, and he is an amateur gourmet chef. I like both cilantro (salsa isn't salsa without it) and saffron, so I can't say. I haven't used saffron a lot because of the cost, and while I like saffron rice, I can't eat it now on my low carb diet, so I have a little bottle of very expensive Spanish saffron just sitting in the spice cabinet.

Yet many people can't stand cilantro - some have a genetic flaw that makes it taste like soap. My brother has that problem, and he is an amateur gourmet chef. I like both cilantro (salsa isn't salsa without it) and saffron, so I can't say. I haven't used saffron a lot because of the cost, and while I like saffron rice, I can't eat it now on my low carb diet, so I have a little bottle of very expensive Spanish saffron just sitting in the spice cabinet.
I know all about cilantro. I had a friend who had the soap issue too. I personally love cilantro, which is a big reason why I love Mexican and Asian food.

I know all about cilantro. I had a friend who had the soap issue too. I personally love cilantro, which is a big reason why I love Mexican and Asian food.

count me in the soap camp. I can't stand cilantro, and I don't care much for parsley either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work :) but on another note wouldn't it also be great if we can lose golf strokes just as fast :0
That would be awesome

Flaw is right! :act-up:

Yet many people can't stand cilantro - some have a genetic flaw that makes it taste like soap.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am really surprised what a couple of wayward meals, and a couple of beers do the scale in morning ... it is not pretty ...

I must remain on course at least until April 4th. Plus I am so close to my stretch goal, I can see it on the scale dial (and I have digital scale).

We had a small class today at OT so we did a partner workout. We have only done something like this once before and only for a small portion of the class, but this time it was for the entire class. Basically one person starts on the rower/treadmill and the other person is in the weight room.

The rower/treadmill person has to row for a certain amount of meters, then run a certain amount of miles (.1, then .2, then .3 then .4, etc.) and once they finish their first row/run block they tag their partner in the weight room and switch. And each switch you have to row/run longer and do more reps in the weight room.

It was a pretty fun routine and it kept you super motivated because you didn't wan to keep your partner waiting so you hustled to get it done.

always a plus when you can have some fun in your workout.

Fwiw, not that this is exactly fun, but for anyone who might get a little laugh at this-, when I do the cardio part of my gym workout I actually watch the Foodnetwork..lol. One of the tv channels has this. Yea kind of contradicting to have a food station channel in the gym as a choice..lol
But I enjoy it and it helps pass the time. Usually at the times I go its usually either of these two shows - "Chopped" or "Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives"

yea, us too, we're actually making it tonight and then the whole pot in the fridge for tomorrows dinner. Its fairly easy and being we both work the kids (and I also) just grab a bowl full (or two)tomorrow and in the micro for dinner :)

I hope you did end up making it. I just finished eating and it was great once again. The forehead is a little sweaty ..lol..but man oh man is it good. No salt no pepper but just they way it is just yummy.

I hope you did end up making it. I just finished eating and it was great once again. The forehead is a little sweaty ..lol..but man oh man is it good. No salt no pepper but just they way it is just yummy.

Wife beat me to dinner this morning so going to get this one for tomorrow.

It's kind of a useless spice, but that dish looked yummo
Saffron is a really good spice in the right application (desserts). ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We had a small class today at OT so we did a partner workout. We have only done something like this once before and only for a small portion of the class, but this time it was for the entire class. Basically one person starts on the rower/treadmill and the other person is in the weight room.

The rower/treadmill person has to row for a certain amount of meters, then run a certain amount of miles (.1, then .2, then .3 then .4, etc.) and once they finish their first row/run block they tag their partner in the weight room and switch. And each switch you have to row/run longer and do more reps in the weight room.

It was a pretty fun routine and it kept you super motivated because you didn't wan to keep your partner waiting so you hustled to get it done.

We did the same thing here ... the one day my daughter can't make it, is the day we have partners :( still had a really good workout. My partner kept apologizing, but she was trying really hard, and it was not an issue. I ended the class doing burpees, because I struggle getting my heart rate up in the weight room and I had gone through the require workouts.

Back