Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobra King F6 irons and King wedges....hmmm

GBB Heavenwood. It really needs to happen.

R15 Rescues, 3h and 4h. Very close to happening.

New Adams xtd forged 5-pw heads for $165

That is a crazy good price for a sweet set.

The hzrdus yellow from the contest and for some strange reason drivers and lots of them :D

I have been looking at them for a while, I love the shape, and they go for crazy cheap on the bay. I am thinkin of taking my 5w and 3h out of the bag and replace them by R15 3h and 4h

I have been looking at them for a while, I love the shape, and they go for crazy cheap on the bay. I am thinkin of taking my 5w and 3h out of the bag and replace them by R15 3h and 4h

For sure. That's essentially what I'm looking at doing, I'm kinda looking to get a little more distance out of both hybrid slots because I have a big gap between 3h and 3W right now, and my 5i isn't much shorter than my 4h with the new sticks.

Really considering a set of Callaway CF16's. Thought I wanted the Hogan PTx (they're gorgeous) but the Callaway irons will probably fit my game better. Now I just have to decide which shafts. Really thinking about going to graphite. Need to do some research on the Recoils!

Really considering a set of Callaway CF16's. Thought I wanted the Hogan PTx (they're gorgeous) but the Callaway irons will probably fit my game better. Now I just have to decide which shafts. Really thinking about going to graphite. Need to do some research on the Recoils!

I am not going back to steel if I can help it after going to composite. Recoils and Steelfibers are both awesome

For sure. That's essentially what I'm looking at doing, I'm kinda looking to get a little more distance out of both hybrid slots because I have a big gap between 3h and 3W right now, and my 5i isn't much shorter than my 4h with the new sticks.

The R15 3h got 5w distances for me. they are very long, so that should help that gap. But the 4h was only about 10y shorter than the 3h when I tried them, so it didn't work for what I needed as a 4i replacement.

Dude you need a Heavenwood. I hit that thing far better than any hybrid I've ever tried, and I've tried a LOT.
Enabler.

DSG has both the F6 and GBB HW here in town. Head to head maybe tonight or tomorrow alongside the FYbrid.

The R15 3h got 5w distances for me. they are very long, so that should help that gap. But the 4h was only about 10y shorter than the 3h when I tried them, so it didn't work for what I needed as a 4i replacement.

Yeah, I'll admit some concern here as well on that front. I'm not sure whether I should get the 24* 5h instead with the possibility of reducing the loft if needed, or plan on increasing the loft of the 21* 4h if needed. I'll have to take a look at the shop today and see if they have a 4h or 5h head for me to play around with. I'm looking for the 4h to fly around 205 to the 3h's roughly 220 (set at 20*), which would make for a manageable 10-15y gap to my 5i.

Enabler.

DSG has both the F6 and GBB HW here in town. Head to head maybe tonight or tomorrow alongside the FYbrid.

I think the Heavenwood would be a game changer for you. Legit game changer.

Enabler.

Enabling, that's what we're all here for!

Seriously, I was mentioning the same thing to Crest - I cannot hit a hybrid. I just can't. But I can mash the Heavenwood decently and I can work it left to right when needed. Had a shot from about 180 out over water, I faded it over the water and landed it right on the green, rolled it to about 10' from the pin. There's no other club I could do that with. It's as close to automatic as it gets.

You're welcome to swing mine next Saturday (you might need to choke down a bit) but I have the Recoil F4 (regular) in them.

I wish I could get 205 carry with 4h:bomb:. Let me know how the R15 works out for you. Heard they were hot but figured not as hot as Xr or X2hot hybrids.

I wish I could get 205 carry with 4h:bomb:. Let me know how the R15 works out for you. Heard they were hot but figured not as hot as Xr or X2hot hybrids.

Haha now admittedly this is a sim, but I've found it to be reasonably accurate with driver and irons (+/- 5 yards) so still impressive. Will do.

As to the XR, I did hit the XR16 as well and I found that it wasn't quite as hot. Hotter than most others, mind you, but not quite so much as the R15. I do think the XR16 is more forgiving though, although it has more draw bias which is no bueno for me typically.

That is a crazy good price for a sweet set.

It is for the heads only so still have to buy the shafts. Still a good price and not having to use the stock adams shaft is a nice bonus. It was from diamond tour golf, looks like they got a hold of a bunch of Adams components since they were selling thing off. They had xtd regular heads, a few hybrids, the pro mini, pro, and red I think.

52* wedge

Went t a Titleist Demo Day today. The TMB Iron set is ridiculously good feeling, but way way out of my price range. And I fell in love with the 16.5 915F with the Oban Devotion shaft. However the upcharge on the shaft is rediculously priced at $125. Making it a $400 fairway wood.....probably will have ponder that for a while.

Scotty Cameron X5R.

I had the X5 and really enjoyed it. For whatever reason I liked it more than the X5r.

Was it the look you liked better? Or was it the feel of the X5?

Was it the look you liked better? Or was it the feel of the X5?

Both felt the same. It was all in the looks for me. Which is odd because I'm a fan of the VLine Fang shape and the X5R is similar to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back