Bryson DeChambeau Chooses Bridgestone Golf

Not surprising considering Bryson's technical mind. I wonder how that affects sponsorship money? I know the full bag/clothes/ball deals can be pretty lucrative, but I wonder how much difference there is between a ball/glove deal and a full ride, and I wonder how much Bryson going after Bridgestone affects the money as well.

He and his agent had a price and I am sure it was met.

The CPG signing wasn't shocking! But this one is, maybe because I didn't see that coming.

HUGE for the folks over at Bridgestone Golf and Bryson

I like this signing. BDC seems like a bit of a mad scientist, I like how that concept fits for Bridgestone. Now let's see if his game holds up.

Not sure about this kid yet. Might have to wait and see true colors as the years come.

He led the field in strokes gained tee to green in his start on the PGA. That's pretty darn good. I think there's kind of a perception that being sold that Bryson will be successful is directly tied into also hopping aboard with flat caps and single-length irons and monster grips, and I don't that's the case. I believe pretty strongly that what he's playing won't work for me and still think he's going to find a lot of success playing what works for him. The more I see him play, the more I like Bryson. I think he'll continue to find success, though I think we're a long way from saying the golf world is going to fall into his orbit necessarily.

He led the field in strokes gained tee to green in his start on the PGA. That's pretty darn good. I think there's kind of a perception that being sold that Bryson will be successful is directly tied into also hopping aboard with flat caps and single-length irons and monster grips, and I don't that's the case. I believe pretty strongly that what he's playing won't work for me and still think he's going to find a lot of success playing what works for him. The more I see him play, the more I like Bryson. I think he'll continue to find success, though I think we're a long way from saying the golf world is going to fall into his orbit necessarily.

That's an excellent statement and I believe it to be 100% true. I'm a fan of his just because he is different. I don't know if he can be a top 5 player in the world, but he's done well so far and he seems to love the game and have an immense amount of respect for it. I'm probably not going to try to mimic his swing or play his clubs though. If they put them out as otr clubs and have them at DSG or GG I can't say I won't try them out either.

Good deal by Bridgestone.

This kid is quickly becoming one of my favorite golfers. The way he approaches the game is just incredible to me. Love watching him play (despite how long he takes) and hearing about him.

Back