Live Update Thread & Contest - UST March Shaft Spectacular

EvinKc05: What Driver shaft is the best for you? And is it what you expected?

I ended up getting fit into the elements helium prototype he5f5. Danny and I both expected the elements platinum to be more fitting, but we're both surprised (pleasantly) to find that the helium worked great for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvinKc05: What is the biggest thing you learned during this experience that will help your game?

I would have to say the gapping aspect... I now have three wedges fit with recoil wedge protos that's will vastly improve my scoring club gaps...

EvinKc05: If you could pick one department to work in at UST, what would you pick? Paint, production, marketing, fitting?

I would definitely want to be in a marketing/fitting capacity as it seems to be the most related to actually playing golf...

Finally caught up. Thanks to both participants for a great follow, today! Lot's of good information to take in. Another fantastic event from UST Mamiya and THP! Will be great to see how the new shafts and sticks work during tomorrow's round.

Based on what we learned today, decent chance that the tour 65 shaft in your ping g30 is a @USTMamiya manufactured product for Ping. I'd definitely give it a fair chance. Keep in mind that a proper fitting will often help with the spinniness...

Any idea increased stiffness would help reduce spin, or do I just need to look at other shaft models / product lines?

Finding a fitter with a lot of options around here isn't very convenient, but I've got my eyes open for sure.

Thanks for the thread updates today! I'm definitely jealous.

evinkc05 – what product that UST makes do you think could make the biggest improvement on your game?

I am leaning towards the new elements helium proto that I have in my new driver... It is giving me the ability to hit the ball as far with mishits as I did with well struck balls in my old driver...

Just getting caught up here. What an amazing day for these two.

Yes sir, amazing as always. Well done guys.

I would have to say the gapping aspect... I now have three wedges fit with recoil wedge protos that's will vastly improve my scoring club gaps...

Thats awesome. I like having more wedges in my bag. Looking forward to hearing out this setup works for you and any improvements in your scores.

Massive jealousy here. I want, nay, NEED composite in my wedge shafts now that I've experienced it in irons.

Same question for both:

What part of the process did you think was amazing and what part of your game will it affect?

Are the wedge shafts the same flex and weight (g) as your irons?

Tomcatxiv- how excited are you to get your new irons in play?

Evinkc05- I've played with you and you get off the tee pretty good. What impressed you the most when comparing your new set up to your old one?

Driver- Calalway BBA 816 DBD
Shaft- Oban Hashimoto 65S

Tomcatix: What about the experience will change the way you go about purchasing equipment in the future?

I didn't realize how much technology was put into the shaft

Tomcat, how many yards did you gain during your fitting? Think you will miss the flintsirons?

I can only refer to what I hit with my clubs at the beginning of the fitting, and that was a good 16 yards on the 6i and 14 with the driver.

TomCatix: other than new iron heads, what was the aspect of the iron fitting that surprised you the most?

Just the difference in the feel of the graphite shaft in general. It didn't feel like I was getting feedback from a piece of rebar. :)

Tomcatix: What is your perception now as to how shaft fitting drives overall performance?

I can't speak for Kevin, as he is a much more experienced player, but it's very easy for me to see how having someone that is a professional at what they do, guide you to a shaft that will help you game, not hinder it.

tomcatix - Are you hoping to improve distance or dispersion more with the new driver head and shaft combination?

Both, as much as practical. Neither is great for me right now.

evinkc05 - what were you most looking for in a shaft change....more distance or better dispersion? Did you get it?

tomcatxiv - Was there any shaft information that busted a previous thought on shafts that you had before entering UST today?

Tomcatxiv- Has this experience changed the way you look at golf? Are you an addict yet?

Evinkc05- Your Diamana ahina shaft is a low torque heavy shaft, Did your miss change. Example: push fade to a low hook?

Driver- Calalway XR w/ Aldila rogue 60s

Tell us more. I know a guy with a G30 who is interested.

Danny just told us that Ping is one of their biggest oem partners and that they manufacture many of their stock Ping branded shafts for Ping... So I can't promise you, but Danny may be able to confirm whether that shaft is one of theirs or not...

Danny just told us that Ping is one of their biggest oem partners and that they manufacture many of their stock Ping branded shafts for Ping... So I can't promise you, but Danny may be able to confirm whether that shaft is one of theirs or not...

Think I remember him saying you could tell somewhere on the shaft, maybe by taking the grip off and seeing if it was manufactured overseas. If so, it's theirs.

Hope you boys are getting ready to enjoy a nice dinner. Congratulations on the experiences you got to live today and THANK YOU for KILLING the coverage here on the forum for all of us to follow along with and experience it with you.

Can't wait to hear how the round goes tomorrow with Danny and Lindsay at The Tribute! Dress warm and have a blast!!!

Hope you boys are getting ready to enjoy a nice dinner. Congratulations on the experiences you got to live today and THANK YOU for KILLING the coverage here on the forum for all of us to follow along with and experience it with you.

Can't wait to hear how the round goes tomorrow with Danny and Lindsay at The Tribute! Dress warm and have a blast!!!

Fitting they are playing the Tribute. For those that don't know about the Tribute it's a collection of famous golf holes from Scotland, sort of a Tour 18 of sorts. Gonna be cooler and windy tomorrow so perfect course for the elements.

Back