The Movie Review Thread

Wanted. Also on cable.

By the way, am I the only heterosexual male in the world that thinks Angelina Jolie is not only not all that attractive, but just plain freaky looking?

Spoiler
angelina-jolie-wanted-tattoo-arms.0.0.0x0.432x255.jpeg

I agree, I think she has her moments but overall she is significantly overhyped.

Saw Bruno Yesterday:

Terrible movie. I did not find it funny at all. Not worth it.

Wasn't planning on it. I could tell that from the previews. Along with the other movie he did.

oh...come on guys both were hilarious :blob:

Maybe it's an age difference thing, but I don't think either of them look that good.

Degustibus non disputandum est.

Or, in English, you can't debate Sasha Baron Cohen.

Degustibus non disputandum est.

Or, in English, you can't debate Sasha Baron Cohen.

Gawd, it pains me to ask this and admit my ignorance--to what is the first word really supposed to translate?

Taste. Or here, matters of taste. Several modern English words related to the concept of taste (some more literally than others) derive from the same root, I bet -- i.e., digestion, gustitation, disgusting, etc.

ya it probably is...but they are classics---at least give the newest one a try to see if you like it

just like my babysitter said when i was young "always at least to try everything on your plate"

ya it probably is...but they are classics---at least give the newest one a try to see if you like it

just like my babysitter said when i was young "always at least to try everything on your plate"

Movies are too expensive to just throw my money at if it doesn't look good. Sorry.

Wife wants to go to the movies tonight, we are either seeing Bruno or Public Enemies.

Saw Bruno Yesterday:

Terrible movie. I did not find it funny at all. Not worth it.

It was very funny...I have seen it twice already both with a packed theater that was rolling. It is just terribly uncomfortable situational humor. My wife loved it as well. It will certainly be a love/hate movie.

If you want classic, with a dash of crude, watch some of the old Mel Brooks movies (Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, Silent Movie, History Of The World, etc)

Sacha Cohen will NEVER be classic.

If you want classic, with a dash of crude, watch some of the old Mel Brooks movies (Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, Silent Movie, History Of The World, etc)

History of the World was awesome, we were talking about it at work just last weekend.

Those are classics for THEIR time and generation. The public's perception of humor changed and has become about crude situations, more than before. Borat was a classic...a movie does not do $260 Million without people liking it, that just does not happen. It is way to early to call Bruno a classic, but it is certainly doing well at the box office already.

Spaceballs is probably in my top 3 favorite comedies. Dumb and Dumber, Borat, Spaceballs...and definitely Thank You for Smoking.

It is way to early to call Bruno a classic, but it is certainly doing well at the box office already.

It may eventually be a cult classic, but not a classic. I think Gummi is right - Mel Brooks had a broader appeal.

It may eventually be a cult classic, but not a classic. I think Gummi is right - Mel Brooks had a broader appeal.

He has a broader appeal because he has been around for 30+ years longer.

It takes time for a movie (or anything) to become a classic. Saying it is doesn't make it so.

It takes time for a movie (or anything) to become a classic. Saying it is doesn't make it so.

Totally agree...but you can not say right now that something will not be a classic just because you do not like the humor. It just came out...it will take a decade or more to determine the staying power. Dumb and Dumber is a classic.

But you can't say it is/will be a classic when it just comes out either.

Borat was a classic...a movie does not do $260 Million without people liking it, that just does not happen. It is way to early to call Bruno a classic, but it is certainly doing well at the box office already.

Totally agree...but you can not say right now that something will not be a classic just because you do not like the humor. It just came out...it will take a decade or more to determine the staying power.

Borat came out in 2006 but it's a classic already?

When a movie is quoted so much that it makes you sick...it is usually a classic. Napoleon Dynamite is not that old...but that is a classic.

Other like Spaceballs take a longer time for people to consider them classic. I was just trying to suggest that just because a couple of people on here did not like Bruno or his humor does not mean that it can not be a huge success.

Back