clg82

Banned
Reaction score
This topic has probably been beaten to death but i'm new here! So right now I wear nike tennis shoes while golfing what is the benefit of wearing golf shoes and what do you suggest is the best to get for newbies?

We have reviewed lots of shoes on the main site. The biggest benefit will be traction and support. A lot of technology goes into some of the golf shoes out there. There are a few Nike and Adidas pair that I recommend for anybody just starting out. Look for a pair of one of those brands in the $50 range. I cannot remember the names of them, but they work great.

Green Joys by Footjoy are very popular because of the price, but in my opinion are just not built well.

I own a pair of soft spiked golf shoes. But, unless they ground is wet, I hardly ever wear them. I would wear them on wet turf to avoid excessive slipping. I prefer a good pair of walking shoes with out spikes. If the course would allow it, I would wear a good comfortable pair of hiking boots for the ankle support they offer. :comp:

We have reviewed lots of shoes on the main site. The biggest benefit will be traction and support. A lot of technology goes into some of the golf shoes out there. There are a few Nike and Adidas pair that I recommend for anybody just starting out. Look for a pair of one of those brands in the $50 range. I cannot remember the names of them, but they work great.

Green Joys by Footjoy are very popular because of the price, but in my opinion are just not built well.

I see thanks man, are you following me lol:D

I am not sure what the correct answer is here, but for me I have to wear golf shoes. I wear an 11.5 XXW(or gorilla foot as I call it:D). The reason I wear a leather golf shoe is that they fit my feet better all the way around(width and length). With the sneaker style they fit okay but didn't give me proper support or the had too much give in the material of the shoe and after a few rounds my feet would be sore.

golf shoes are essential...especially for sloped courses and if you play when it is wetish

dicks/golf galaxy/and all other golf stores are running great deals on spikes right now and could probably pick up a pair of solid cleats for under 40$

golf shoes are essential...especially for sloped courses and if you play when it is wetish

dicks/golf galaxy/and all other golf stores are running great deals on spikes right now and could probably pick up a pair of solid cleats for under 40$

I live in the high desert so moisture isn't an issue here......are there certain kinds of spikes and such that people recommend.

I use whatever is on sale as far as spikes go and change them in each pair of my golf shoes twice a year.

no theyre all pretty much the same...just go find a comfortable pair that fits you well

Yeah, I'd say find a pair you like the looks of and are comfortable in. If you don't mind shopping online, GolfLocker.com usually has some great deals for under $60.

Thanks you guys for all the suggestions..

I am a huge fan of Adidas golf shoes. Right now you could find a great pair for about $50-60 that are just last years styles. They have a lot of different styles too from the sneaker look to the saddles. Here is the link to THP's review of this years adidas:

Golf FitRX

Powerband

Tour360

Tour360 Sport

I just played in regular shoes and when you get golf shoes you get more traction so your more stable through the shot. I would recommend Nike's. I have Adidas 360 Tour2 and they hurt my feet. But Go with what is most comfortable for you.

My rule when buying golf shoes or any shoes for that matter is that they have to be comfortable the minute I put them on the store. There is no such thing as "breaking them in". They all fit differently so try them on. If you're not near a store - order from Zappos - they have a great return policy. You'll need soft spikes for traction unless you're on a very flat dry course.

I just bought the Nike Vapors and they were light and comfortable right out of the box. I wore them to walk 18 holes the day I bought them and they have never left the first blister. They are great for walking the course.

I wore them today CT. GG wrote a great review on them a few months back.

Back