I figure that I would swallow a little man pride and start a "Trying to Break 100" thread, based on the Trying to Break 90 Club thread. Don't leave me hanging, just like an AA meeting you have to admit you have a problem first.
My Barriers to Breaking 100
- My inability to resist pulling the big stick, even when I consistently hit my 3H 200 yards
- I'm too stubborn to take lessons, I did once and it caused more problems
- Practice, who has time for that
- I'll just play with my power fade and aim 50 yards left
- Sand, are we going to the beach?
- Water, I love watching a big splash
- Ever since that Hitchcock movie I thing against birds.
Truthfully I've been working in the backyard on 1/2 and 3/4 swings, looking for crisp contact, and have made progress. It takes my 4-6 holes to settle down and I am starting to hit a few greens in reg and making pars. Reducing OB drives and a couple of blow up holes will get me into the 90's.
Who else is in the club and looking to get out?