Callaway Opti-fit adapter question

jamie_garrett

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Is this how everything is supposed to look on shafts with the Callaway Optifit adapter when screwed into the driver head?
3b94ffa68f234ecb1713cfa06ff97e40.jpg

The reason I ask is because I bought a Callaway XR with a Fujikura Fuel shaft. When I line the marks up like the picture above, the shaft logo and the grip logo are on the under side of the shaft. Here is a pic
6754ff75080f07252a0ee15c2d72ca7a.jpg

Is the adapter installed correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I turn the graphics and grip to my liking (down) when I am installing an adapter so I am imagining whoever installed this adapter was playing the shaft in a setting different than you.

If you want the club at +2/N, then yes it is correct. Line your desired loft and lie to the with the stated loft of the club and the lines on the adaptor.

I want the club at +2*/N, but I was just concerned about the graphics on the shaft and the name on the grip pointing towards the ground instead of at me. If I have the graphics on the shaft & the grip name pointing towards me, then the mark on the bottom of the adapter isn't in line with the +2/N on the adapter. I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining myself.

I want the club at +2*/N, but I was just concerned about the graphics on the shaft and the name on the grip pointing towards the ground instead of at me. If I have the graphics on the shaft & the grip name pointing towards me, then the mark on the bottom of the adapter isn't in line with the +2/N on the adapter. I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining myself.
Unless the graphics annoy you, it really means nothing and you have it correct. It's not like you spin the shaft/adaptor like a Cobra, Nike, or Ping. Whoever installed the grip did so logo down, which is a popular option for some that don't like distraction.

What's the origin of the club and/or shaft?

Unless the graphics annoy you, it really means nothing and you have it correct. It's not like you spin the shaft/adaptor like a Cobra, Nike, or Ping. Whoever installed the grip did so logo down, which is a popular option for some that don't like distraction.

So do you think it would affect the performance of the club any if all of the lines on the adapter weren't lined up? I prefer a logo up grip.

So do you think it would affect the performance of the club any if all of the lines on the adapter weren't lined up? I prefer a logo up grip.
Performance? No. But I'm not 100% sure it would even screw in willingly.

Performance? No. But I'm not 100% sure it would even screw in willingly.
Yes, it screws in just fine as long as you have the notches lined up. I just didn't know if there would be a difference in performance.

Yeah, it all looks ok. Just looks like the previous owner, or whomever installed the grip, preferred grip graphic down.

Sorry, I just now saw the last part of your post. I bought the club on another site, and the owner said it came from Callawaypreowned.com

Back