2016 Callaway Chrome Soft Review Thread

With all these positive reviews I'm going to get a few for my next round. I have to try this ball.

I love these balls. They are nice and long, feel and sound fantastic and I get plenty of spin into the greens with them. Defiantly longer than my old Srixon Z Stars and thought they were awesome balls. Haven't tried the truvis yet, but may try a sleeve of the yellows. Still undecided about them to be honest.

A member of the CC I got paired up with on Saturday had a few in his bag. The color combo pops. Sorry couldn't get a close up of the ball

8b48e1854ee4764a034c8eaf9a2ed917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like that color combo.
I just picked up a box of the 2016 Truvis in the original colors for my Easter round. Curious if I see any improvement over the previous version.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Played 18 today, made the whole round with one ball, wet conditions and windy, handled it well, like the way it feels off the putter. Might be the ball for the whole year.

I continue to be impressed with this ball. Especially the durability. I have played three rounds with one ball and it looks brand new!

I just played this ball for the first time today and wow I love it. I have a stock of Titleist DT SoLo left that I can still play with but I'm going to really start playing the chrome soft. It was a rocket of the tee and felt great. I found that around the green my chips went just where I wanted them too. Today I played a few holes with my DT SoLo and a few holes with the Chrome soft and I can really see the difference. It seems that I was hitting the chrome soft so much better and the ball just wanted to get to the hole. I can't get over the soft feel even compared to the DT SoLo which is a softer ball in itself. The price of the Chrome Soft is a little more than I usually pay but I enjoyed the ball so much I will have to just pay the few extra dollars. All I can say is that the holes I played the Chrome Soft felt like the best holes of the round. I guess I will have to now update my signature. :joy:

A member of the CC I got paired up with on Saturday had a few in his bag. The color combo pops. Sorry couldn't get a close up of the ball

Looks pretty cool! Can't wait to put some in my bag.

I'm usually not a fan of yellow balls, but I like that black and yellow combo.

I hope the yellow Truvis versions hit the UK as I really like the look of them

Black and yellow cs2s will be my ball this year... love the cs2, and I'm shameless for Hawkeye colored gear...

I love the feel of this ball. But I wish it was cheaper than $45 a dozen!

I love the feel of this ball. But I wish it was cheaper than $45 a dozen!

I just bought two dozen off of amazon (sold by Callaway) for about $35/dozen.

White. Not truvis.

This will sound like a weird question, but what does this look like when it's in the air?

I found that the white/red truvis was sometimes tough to track because it made a light red color while it was in the air.

This will sound like a weird question, but what does this look like when it's in the air?

I found that the white/red truvis was sometimes tough to track because it made a light red color while it was in the air.

I completely understand what you mean. I have the same problem with tracking the ball when there's ticker than normal rough at the course I play because the red doesn't stick out at much as an all white ball. This color contrast is great though. The black helps alot more than the red did for me. The day I played with the gentleman, the ball was a bit hard to see in the open sky for some drives but on approach shots it was easy to see since the contrast against the backdrop such as the greenside bunkers, or dark green trees, houses made it so I could pick up the ball instantly.

Really want to try the yellow one !

Took half a dozen each of the original CS and the 2016 CS out to the chipping green today. Honestly, I couldn't tell much of a difference around the greens. Played about 5 holes with both balls. The 2016 ball didn't feel as squishy off woods. Iron feel was similar. Felt like the launch was a bit higher for both woods and irons. Distance differences were negligible.

Overall, driver feel is probably enough for me to switch. However, probably a much better deal to snag the 2015s on sale.

I love this years Chrome softs. Just a question for you guys that have tried the new and old versions, does anyone notice the wording wears off the new ones easier than the old ones? I know its no big deal and doesnt affect the ball, was just curious.

After getting a dozen early then selling them to mancest, I picked up another box today just for #TheGauntlet :D

More for the UK crowd, but following my post yesterday about wondering when the yellow/black Truvis would hit the stores over here in the UK, I sent a tweet to Harry, Callaway and Callaway Europe and have had a reply back this morning from Callaway Europr to say they should be in stores by the end of April

I played a lot with the 2016 cs ball on my winter vacation and really liked it . Nice control and spin around the greens , very good distance of the driver as well . Can't compare it to the 15 ball as I never played it. Compared to the Wilson dou u , the cs was longer and better spin. Will likely be my go to ball this year.
gb

Reallllllly need to go get my hands on some of those yellow and black truvis. I bought a box of the red/white truvis on a whim to try and now I'm hooked. I love them for some reason, which is weird because I thought they were pretty gimmicky when they first came out. Hope they come out with more colors

I've been playing these (red truvis) and like them better than the '15 version. They are a touch firmer/solid feeling and have a nice balance of distance and spin. Oddly I Like the truvis for chips and putts, but have a hard time finding the ball in fairway and rough. Good ball in every way. I could happily play these (white) every day. I still have an infatuation with the pro v1x (that putter click is addictive) and also like the spinny new b330s (probably like the firmer b330 a little more). So many good options, almost too hard to pick!

I need to grab some of the yellow and black truvis, I really think this color combo will be way better than the red that was impossible for me to find when it hit the ground.

I have got to get some of those yellow/black Truvis balls! I really liked the white/red and the Chrome Soft is a super solid golf ball, but it just wasn't enough to kick out the gamer balls. If the new color is a big enough visual improvement they might give the gamer a run for its money.

Played 27 holes today with one ball. Held up very well, feels great off of all the clubs. Cleaned it up when I got home and looks good as new. Really like the way it rolls off the putter.

Back