One Of Those Nights

Diane

Reaction score
I played 9 holes tonight after work - the weather was perfect - 82*, no humidity and a light breeze. I played with a woman I know, but had never played with - we had an interesting conversation - she was a good playing partner and good company. Something was in the air because everyone on the course was in a good mood. I think people were just happy to be on the course. I didn't have my best round or my worst - had some good shots and some bad, but it didn't matter because it was just wonderful to be out there. Nights like tonight are why I play.

That is awesome Diane. I love those days.

Sounds fun Diane. It's what golf is all about.

Yep, those are the rounds we want all the time.

I was on the 5th hole and a guy had hit into our fairway from the 4th hole. I offered to let him hit and he said no, I was playing on the correct fairway and it was my turn. Wow - that was a pleasant shock. On this course, the guys usually just walk in front of you as though they belong there. It was so nice.

Same weather here. And even though I groused about a scramble, it was fun. The annual red, white & blue scramble--where you play from the tee boxes in that order throughout the round. Usually on scrambles, I'm with a group where we all hit four good shots or four bad shots, so the team format isn't much benefit. Tonight we all clicked.

A heron even came out to join us on from the pond on one of the par 3s. That was just about perfect.

i beg for days with 45% humidity haha but its usually higher than that and it feels like i cant breathe

I was on the 5th hole and a guy had hit into our fairway from the 4th hole. I offered to let him hit and he said no, I was playing on the correct fairway and it was my turn. Wow - that was a pleasant shock. On this course, the guys usually just walk in front of you as though they belong there. It was so nice.

He let you play first as it is the proper thing to do, but I usually let the people out of position go ahead and hit first to get back on their own hole and not hold up the pace ahead of me, maybe you were looking good tonight and he didn't want to further embarass himself Diane....

maybe you were looking good tonight and he didn't want to further embarass himself Diane....

I think I always look good on the course. My game is another story. :giggle:

One of the things I miss about being a club member is those late afternoon rounds in the summer. Lots of times my buddies and I would drive in after the sun had set trying to get in that last hole. I always kept a few of the bright yellow balls for those late afternoons when you could no longer follow the flight of a white ball. Ther is something very pleasant about being out there as the day winds down to night.

I enjoy playing late afternoon golf in the Summer. There's usually less people on the course, it's not as hot, and the grass is usually dry. Everyone seems nice and more relaxed than when they play in the morning.

I played nine holes this past Sunday with my FIL and friend at 5pm. We played OK, but were unhurried and enjoyed each other's company. We walked with pull carts and were done in 1 hr and 45 minutes.

Sounds like a great night to be out playing. We get that around here some, but it's usually in Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb. This time of year I just hope to survive a round without dying of heat exhaustion!

Back