Bridgestone JGR Fairway Woods

Negotiating with a couple of EBay'ers to buy both 3 & 5

Wow, that is some jump in the JGR 3 wood... they ARE like your driver numbers.... very interesting! Thanks!

Picked up the 3 wood today - traded in 6 clubs, a price match $20 lower, 2 $10 reward coupons and a gift card- I got out for less than $50 cash.

064adb092f1d17a7a870da94b8d0afbd.jpg

So I hit the 7 wood vs. the 3H and I just don't like the hybrid. It has an 84g shaft and the shorter shaft, it feels like I'm swing a broomstick. Problem is the 7 wood goes too far to fill a gap. Might have to grip down a little bit or going with a stiff shaft.

Last edited:
So after a round with the 7W in the bag a few thoughts.
This has been one of the easiest clubs to hit for me that I have found. It gapped right where I was hoping it would, 175-180 and it was surprisingly easy to hit. had a very consistent flight with it, which is saying a lot, as it was the only club in the bag that day that i could even use the word consistent with. Nice high ball flight for me and just felt great to swing. I could actually feel the club head through out the swing and tell where I was. only thing that caught me off guard was the face was a bit deeper than i was expecting, but the turf interaction was great so i can't complain. So far very happy with this club. Will get a few more rounds in and come back and comment.

I am thinking hard about grabbing a 5 wood.... I like deeper face 5 woods so hearing that it is deeper than expected is a pleasant surprise. Will have to see if I can find one to demo.

I am thinking hard about grabbing a 5 wood.... I like deeper face 5 woods so hearing that it is deeper than expected is a pleasant surprise. Will have to see if I can find one to demo.
It was deeper than I expected, but by no means would I call it deep faced. It was more of an average depth if that makes sense. I was expecting a very slim face depth.

It was deeper than I expected, but by no means would I call it deep faced. It was more of an average depth if that makes sense. I was expecting a very slim face depth.

Deep meaning taller sole to crown?

No need, I have my own JGR 3w. I actually thought it was a little smaller than my Exotics. Doesn't matter, still hit it a ton.

it bothers me that they don't make a 4w. i'm wondering what the implications of building a 5w a little longer than standard and tipping the shaft would be?

I was thinking of getting a 7wd and shorting it up by .5 or get a stiffer shaft. I hit it better than I need to to fill a gap. The hybrid at this point is a no go.

Man I wish we had these to demo around here. I'm pretty torn, I got a quote from Discount Dan's and am pretty tempted to pull the trigger without demoing. I just wish I could compare to my Cobra.

Man I wish we had these to demo around here. I'm pretty torn, I got a quote from Discount Dan's and am pretty tempted to pull the trigger without demoing. I just wish I could compare to my Cobra.

Why not do the rental thing from Bridgestone? This way there is no remorse.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting about that program. On my way to check it out now!

What's the difference between these hybrids/fairways and the J15 line? I am considering the J15 line for an upgrade from my J40's, but I noticed the JGR line is $30 cheaper and has similar specs. Do these launch higher I'm assuming? Difference in offset?

Josh Kinchen from Bridgestone tweeted out late last night that Sneds is bagging a JGR 5W today. I'll tell you that I love the fairway woods - Straight and Far. They're a Hackers dream.

Josh Kinchen from Bridgestone tweeted out late last night that Sneds is bagging a JGR 5W today. I'll tell you that I love the fairway woods - Straight and Far. They're a Hackers dream.

He put it in the bag on Monday and was going back and forth between this and his previous until yesterday. He is going to run with the JGR for this week as of now.

That is fantastic, a testament to this line imo

That is fantastic, a testament to this line imo

Which is hysterical based on how the line was designed and marketed early on. They never expected play out of anybody on tour with this line.

Which is hysterical based on how the line was designed and marketed early on. They never expected play out of anybody on tour with this line.
Oh heck yes its funny. Makes is all that much more impressive, not only are they getting play but theyre flat out performing for these guys. Love it.

so now sneds is bagging the jgr driver and jgr fw? i think that's freaking cool as crap.

Bumping this... Anyone playing these fw woods? This is one spot in my bag that I am never comfortable with and am always pondering the next club. In hand, it looks great, but the shop didn't have a demo to hit. Wondering if this is a flop of a fw or if it's just flying way under the radar.

I picked a 3 wood up awhile ago to play around with. I took very limited swings with it just because I started hitting my LTD fairway great while the JGR was being shipped. From the swings I took it is a really nice club. I got great height on it from the fairway and off the tee it had a really nice ball flight. Forgiveness seemed to be very good on toe side misses, I didn't hit any in the heel so I don't have feedback there. Mine will be going up for sale in the marketplace soon just because my LTD started working out for me but if that didn't happen the JGR would be in the bag.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back