Ball Markers, Divot Tools & Other things we collect

12hatfs.jpg

I use the magnetic do-hickey from the repair tool from a course I have played a couple of times, The Floating Green course in Idaho. On occasion I use the rabies vaccination tag off one of my favorite dogs that passed on a couple years back. It is flat and silver and a little thinner than a quarter. Gives me another reason to remember old Scooby a little more.

A coin from the year i was born

My St. Francis of Assisi medallion, it's about the same size as a US quarter.

I played with a few men once, who all used nickels. It was hilarious, at one point they all three stopped and stared at the green, utterly befuddled.

I use the little button thing on my glove.

I collect those little button thingies you folks are speaking about. I find them usually where you would park your cart to walk to the green. Probably have 25-30 of them.

I'll use a magnetic RedSox marker from my hat or a quarter (gotta be heads-up).

I also keep a spare dime and nickle for my playing partners (just in case).

I use a 1942 (maybe 43?) silver half-dollar. The 'liberty' half-dollar as all of the old timers call it when they see it.

I've got a Mickey Mouse ball marker that I picked up about 12 years ago on a trip to Disney. It's about the size of a nickel.

got ball marker that has on it "whatever it takes" great motto for golf and life.

Something like this
8478_1_b.jpg

Nice Bulldog! And should be easy to see on the green too!

Thanks Small. Guess I'm a Hawkaholic.. :act-up:

Nothing wrong with that. Especially since they finally have a football team too!

I use a SeeMore ball marker just like the one in JB's picture. I think this is one of the best looking markers I have seen.

I played with a few men once, who all used nickels. It was hilarious, at one point they all three stopped and stared at the green, utterly befuddled.

That's very funny Julie. I played with 2 older gentlemen one day. One of them left his money on every hole and the other one would pocket it. They told me they had been playing together every week for 40 years. I wondered how much money the guy had made off his friend during those years.

I have the hat clip ball marker that I got when I went to the Women's US Open in Newport 2006. I bought a new marker for it at Saucon Valley this year. I figure I will keep collecting, hopefully, when I go to another Open.

I have a couple I alternate out:

1.Srgnt Mj of the Marine Corps Challenge Coin my grandfather gave me
2. 7.62mm or other various caliber's (6.5 grendel, .50 beowulf etc) rim's I cut off
3. Israeli Silver coin minted on my DOB 19830805, coudn't tell you what it is, shekel maybe no clue

I have a couple I alternate out:

1.Srgnt Mj of the Marine Corps Challenge Coin my grandfather gave me
2. 7.62mm or other various caliber's (6.5 grendel, .50 beowulf etc) rim's I cut off
3. Israeli Silver coin minted on my DOB 19830805, coudn't tell you what it is, shekel maybe no clue

#3's pretty cool. You, me, and Julie all fall in line with birthdays. All different years though I think.

That challenge coin is probably pretty cool too I bet.

Some coin in my pocket.Not real picky on this.

I've got dozens of different possibilities. I have a film canister full of foriegn coins from several countries (Europe, Central America, Caribbean, Philippines), I have a half dozen ball mark tools with markers attached from US Open venues. But what I use most are a plastic poker chip type with my home course logo, and a new one that is the Nicklaus bear made from copper that I got last month at the Old Works course in Anaconda, Montana.

I keep 2 in my pocket when I play, the larger one for most use and the smaller one for when I'm near someone's line. I've played with guys often enough who don't like anything large and showy near the line because it's distracting when reading a putt. I personally don't like it when someone just sticks a tee in the green near my line. I'll usually just tell them to put out instead if they can't use a more subtle marker.

But what I use most are a plastic poker chip type with my home course logo, and a new one that is the Nicklaus bear made from copper that I got last month at the Old Works course in Anaconda, Montana.

Sorry to threadjack, but that is one of my favorite courses. I have no problem driving all day from Seattle just to play a round then drive home the next day.

#3's pretty cool. You, me, and Julie all fall in line with birthdays. All different years though I think.

That challenge coin is probably pretty cool too I bet.

DOB thing was a gift, and weirdly enough I actually like using it the most because it just the righ tsize too!

Since all this talk about ballmarkers with Poults.... What do you use?

Since all this talk about ballmarkers with Poults.... What do you use?

What do you use to mark your ball on the green?

I use a copper ballmarker from T.P. Mills

Adidas hat-clip marker.

Back